P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I want my kids to be clever and I don’t want all this to effect them. 

I think you're doing an amazing job with your children so stop worrying. Children are resilient little people and will bounce through this without a care. You can only do your best Vamp, no one can expect more. Stop beating yourself up about it. All the worrying you're doing won't change anything, it will only make you stressed so less able to cope. Chin up sweetheart and try to keep smiling☺

Avril 

• Like 2

After my morning shower, while trying to restore some kind of order to this busby I'm now sporting on my head, I got to thinking. Why don't any of our MPS have unruly hair? A couple of days ago Emily Thornbury was in the commons and her hair is immaculate, so is Nicola Sturgeon's and I don't for one minute  believe she cut it herself as she claims. Even Boris's usual manic hair is tamed. I'm going keep a careful eye on this over the next few weeks.   Oh well I guess I'm just jealous 💂😆

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

After my morning shower, while trying to restore some kind of order to this busby I'm now sporting on my head, I got to thinking. Why don't any of our MPS have unruly hair? A couple of days ago Emily Thornbury was in the commons and her hair is immaculate, so is Nicola Sturgeon's and I don't for one minute  believe she cut it herself as she claims. Even Boris's usual manic hair is tamed. Oh well I guess I'm just jealous 💂😆

Avril 

I'm not an MP but my hair is immaculate - I use clippers!

The beard is starting to look dodgy though 🙂

12 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I'm not an MP but my hair is immaculate - I use clippers!

The beard is starting to look dodgy though 🙂

If this goes on for much longer I might be tempted to do the same. For my hair of course , the beard's still ok at the moment. 😂😂 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Thank you guys for your support. Apart from my little bubble in the house there aren’t many people to talk to so sometimes I have to have a little rant. 

sometimes with the school work I just think stuff it and we have a garden day especially when it’s nice but I’m always going back to doing it. I want my kids to be clever and I don’t want all this to effect them. There are some subjects I haven’t done like art,re. I’ve mainly stuck to maths and English. 

I feel better today than last night. It’s just hard on mental heath being in the same house, routine with not much else. We go for walks but tend not to use the car so it’s the same walk etc and I’m someone who needs something like a holiday to focus on even if it’s a year away it tends to help. 

just hope this time next year we can just all be living our best lives. 

Didn’t see your original post until now. I agree with everyone else, try not to stress.

Everyone says it doesn’t have to be strict learning - have you done rainbow pics? You can call that Art!

I’m having a bit of a down day today. On Wednesdays I normally look after my grandson and I miss him so much. I dreamt he’d come in the house with my son yesterday and when I woke up I was so disappointed it wasn’t true.

Also saw on the news you can view houses for sale yet we can’t see our close family! 

I’ve been looking at cottage holidays for October but they don’t seem to have good cancellation policies, bizarrely Warner’s have a brilliant guarantee if you cancel due to the virus but I can’t see Warner’s being great for social distancing!

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If this goes on for much longer I might be tempted to do the same. For my hair of course , the beard's still ok at the moment. 😂😂 

Avril 

🤣 I have naturally curly fairly thick hair. I’m starting to look like something out of the Hair Bear Bunch if you remember that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

🤣 I have naturally curly fairly thick hair. I’m starting to look like something out of the Hair Bear Bunch if you remember that!

Oh yes, I remember. I used to sit and watch it with the children. 😕

Avril 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I never saw that. My grandson will be pleased. He was due to view a house two days after lockdown. 

Avril 

Can’t imagine anyone wanting to admit a stranger into their property to view it at the moment, I certainly wouldn’t it would be madness to do so. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

I'll look into that. Thank you.  He's really desperate to get his own place. I must be awful to live with😂. I've just rechecked and it's definitely actual viewing.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text

Well, just about now we should be going to dinner in our favourite pre-cruise hotel, The Pilgrim at Marchwood, then excitedly driving to Southampton tomorrow for the Iona Maiden......sigh.

But we have our health, which is far more precious. 

• Like 5

On 5/10/2020 at 8:13 PM, Adawn47 said:

I did.😉 Not the whole one though, it's a litre bottle of JD. 

Avril 

Hic, excuse me 😆

I don't know how I did this but I can't delete it sorry

Edited by Josy1953

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I don't know how I did this but I can't delete it sorry

😁😁

Lovely, so pleased I'm not the only one. You will have caught the 'quote' at the bottom left corner. I'm still learning as i go along. Ain't technology grand? 

Avril 

Happy weekend to you lucky folks who can go for a nice drive in the country or walk by the sea. Make the most of the freedom and good weather.

We are still on lock down, hopefully in a week or two they will let us out as well. We were a week or two after the South in the virus hitting up here so I suppose patience is required.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I  hope you and everyone stay safe , in stay at home or stay alert mode .

A  lot of people I would guess will still be wary of going out still, and even if they do ,a lot of 

places will still have the public WC's shut ,so possibly limiting the distance some could travel.

Just before reading your post ,I got to thinking how many  living near the Scottish or Welsh borders 

would be tempted to nip over for a hour ? 

So my quote on Lets Smile Pub  was ..

"Keeping some areas of the UK in lockdown but not others,Is like having a peeing section in the swimming pool." :classic_unsure:

Lets hope it all works out for the better for all of us .

In the meantime I will let you back to your Brave Heart  Film ..... " FREEDOM ! "  :classic_wink: 

Until then .... images.png.a3912e185e5b6b0926493e174917bbce.png    Kalos :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Happy weekend to you lucky folks who can go for a nice drive in the country or walk by the sea. Make the most of the freedom and good weather.

We are still on lock down, hopefully in a week or two they will let us out as well. We were a week or two after the South in the virus hitting up here so I suppose patience is required.

We will not going for a drive anywhere and our walks will be exactly has they have been throughout the lockdown because neither of us have any desire to be anywhere where other than safe in the house.  My husband has a serious heart condition and so we are afraid that covid could kill him.

• Like 3

I wanna go brid or skeggy but daren’t in case the toilets aren’t open. I wouldn’t go anywhere without them open. Could really have some fish and chips tho. 
brid harbour has amazing chippy. 
skeggy I’ve not had any good ones yet but I would love the strawberry waffle I’ve cream. 

me and the kids are in Epcot today. We are having a virtual holiday (this is where we were supposed to be right now) 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We will not going for a drive anywhere and our walks will be exactly has they have been throughout the lockdown because neither of us have any desire to be anywhere where other than safe in the house.  My husband has a serious heart condition and so we are afraid that covid could kill him.

Yes in those circumstances I would do exactly the same. Stay well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I wanna go brid or skeggy but daren’t in case the toilets aren’t open. I wouldn’t go anywhere without them open. Could really have some fish and chips tho. 
brid harbour has amazing chippy. 
skeggy I’ve not had any good ones yet but I would love the strawberry waffle I’ve cream. 

me and the kids are in Epcot today. We are having a virtual holiday (this is where we were supposed to be right now) 

Thought about Cleethorpes?  Specifically Papa's fish and chips on the pier - haddock, of course, fried in beef dripping, proper Yorkshire.  Very difficult to beat, and the quality never varies.

https://papasfishandchips.com/

I believe there's someone else on this forum who'll second that!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thought about Cleethorpes?  Specifically Papa's fish and chips on the pier - haddock, of course, fried in beef dripping, proper Yorkshire.  Very difficult to beat, and the quality never varies.

I remember one,if I’m thinking of the right place, at cleethorpes. The one we went to has a little court yard type place across the road from it will lots of benches facing inwards. That was good. 

haven’t been to cleethorpes in a few years but I find the sand weird. More like mud. 

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That would be me Harry ! Yes, lunch there after a nice walk along the prom rounds off a perfect  morning.

Vamps - Papas is on the pier itself. There is a takeaway section,  and then an enormous restaurant with waiter service. Great chandeliers in there as well.

Edited by wowzz