P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Just to make my decision more difficult, we each got a text today from our surgery asking us to book an appointment for the jab. I was taken by surprise because neither of us are 65 yet. We contacted the trial and are waiting for a doctor to ring us back. Apparently, even if we had the placebo and take the NHS vaccine, we can continue in a different trial.

Just to update, one of us will have the NHS vaccination on Wednesday, one won’t need to ☹️😊

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just to update, one of us will have the NHS vaccination on Wednesday, one won’t need to ☹️😊

Do I gather from the emojis that you had the placebo and your wife the actual vaccine?Pleased you are going to get the proper jab and a big thank you to both you and your wife for taking part in the trials

• Like 6

Well half term is upon us here. I thank God that me and mine are fine.

The overwhelming majority of our school community and wider community are still safe and well too.

Thoughts go out tonight though to those we know in our community who have lost loved ones. They are not the majority I know, but if the 'one' in the figures is your loved one then that is a heart break and a tragedy.

Sad times

• Like 17

59 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The overwhelming majority of our school community and wider community are still safe and well too.

Thoughts go out tonight though to those we know in our community who have lost loved ones. They are not the majority I know, but if the 'one' in the figures is your loved one then that is a heart break and a tragedy.

Sad times

Well said and Amen to that. RIP to those that we've lost. Love and strength to those left behind.  J.x

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Do I gather from the emojis that you had the placebo and your wife the actual vaccine?Pleased you are going to get the proper jab and a big thank you to both you and your wife for taking part in the trials

That is your interpretation. I am not sure whether or not I should be more specific so best to be on the safe side. Sorry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Some eggs do go cheep eventually :classic_unsure:

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Eggsactly.🤓

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Who would SHELL out eight quid for an egg :classic_unsure:

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You Cracked it😎

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Eggsactly !! :classic_unsure:

These are fowl jokes!    I almost chickened out of responding

but now I guess the yolk is on me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Sad times

Lovely words.

Enjoy your well deserved half term break.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

That is your interpretation. I am not sure whether or not I should be more specific so best to be on the safe side. Sorry.

I have just re read what you wrote and realised I have probably mis interpreted what you said.(I'd never make a detective!)Thank you for taking part in the trials 🙂 

9 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

No eggsaggeration.. I  am amazed my post  gave rise to so many yolks !!

🤶

My jab is tomorrow at 2.05pm. by 10 past I will be eggstatic🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Lovely words.

Enjoy your well deserved half term break.

I'm sure you deserve your break. 

But, given the number of children that I see out and about, not in school, what are their teachers doing?

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But, given the number of children that I see out and about, not in school, what are their teachers doing?

I think the teachers are doing  even more than they usually do as they are having to set work for those children who are homeschooled in addition to teaching the children who are at school (often a third of the usual class).My grandsons teacher is also keeping in touch with the parents so really busy.They are doing a fantastic and difficult job

• Like 16

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I think the teachers are doing  even more than they usually do as they are having to set work for those children who are homeschooled in addition to teaching the children who are at school (often a third of the usual class).My grandsons teacher is also keeping in touch with the parents so really busy.They are doing a fantastic and difficult job

Some are, some aren't according to the reports I hear from friends and relatives.  The best are very good, the worst are very poor indeed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I was just typing out something similar. The teachers I know are now having to prepare both types of lessons, as you say.

There are children out and about but surely it is the parents responsibility to ensure that those not attending school in person use the remote learning provided.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Teaching the ones who are turning up, marking their work then wasting valuable preparation time chasing the ones whose parents are letting them roam around doing nothing. In fact, spending even more hours than before trying to get everything done. 

• Like 4

I have nothing but the highest regard for those teachers working over and above what they are required to do. 

However, thanks to the intransigent attitude of the various teaching unions, and their skewed interpretation of CV19 risks with regard to teachers, the general public have lost their trust in the teaching profession.

It is a shame that the hard working teachers are being blamed, when other teachers are happily providing private teaching lessons, but refusing to carry out their normal duties.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Some are, some aren't according to the reports I hear from friends and relatives.  The best are very good, the worst are very poor indeed.

John - we agree again! 

The good are very good, but the poor are abysmal,  and the teaching unions are a throwback to Scargill.

• Like 2