P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

When I had mine you had to be a month after and he was diagnosed 5 weeks ago! Phew!

They told me a month this morning. Within a week or so John should have good immunity as this first vaccine should act as a booster to the immunity he will have from covid. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Glad your friend is a lot better and could get home this week, I had stones and had to have my gallbladder out which I had triplets which I kept to show the grandchildren 😁anyway a very painful time having stones so hope she stays COVID free 

She already has Covid Purdey, she caught it in hospital, so she has to wait until she has a clear test before they will deal with the stones. What a curse this virus is.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Fantastic news. You obviously have a GP Surgery that is very proactive.

Sometimes it's not the surgery though Angel. We have a very good surgery with excellent doctors, but they were having to wait for a vaccine drop before they could begin to vaccinate the over 65's.

Avril

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sometimes it's not the surgery though Angel. We have a very good surgery with excellent doctors, but they were having to wait for a vaccine drop before they could begin to vaccinate the over 65's.

Avril

That is true. Also, altho our area was slow to start it has now caught up. X

• Like 1

Well, the gas man came just before lunch so we didn’t get out till early afternoon.  He may have done us a favour because it’s been very nice - dry, warm and sunny, with snowdrops and crocuses and birdsong all the way.  Mustn’t get too complacent about spring etc but the BBC weather website doesn’t show any further cold weather up to the end of the month

• Like 2

Vaccination (Pfizer) done about an hour ago and my head hasn't yet dropped off, though the tracking device is giving me a mild headache.😂 Done by retired GP - as we all know, doctors haven't done vaccinations since the dark ages, so it was a bit like being stabbed, but he was very pleasant and I'm very grateful to him.

After months of seeing just my daughter and son in law, but mainly being on my own, I found sitting in a room full of 30-odd people for 15 minutes afterwards rather disconcerting, though; couldn't get out fast enough - a warning to anyone who hasn't yet been done to wear a heavy-duty mask - the ventilation was somewhat lacking in the room as well (windows and outside doors shut).

A real bonus, as I set off I saw a redwing in the front garden. Haven't seen one for years.:classic_smile:

• Like 18

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Quite a few are on the cancellation thread I think, just hoping and waiting.  Isn't that a song title? Oh well never mind. 

A lovely day here at the moment, hazy sunshine and a pleasant 10c, but still not one daffodil to be found in the garden🤔

On a happier note, my friend could be out of hospital this week. Still no Covid symptoms but they won't treat the stone until she's clear. 

So not a bad day all round, except for the case of the 'Disappearing Daffodils'🔎

Avril

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That would mean her staying in hospital longer until she has a clear Covid test. She would be more comfortable and happy at home where she can see her family, if only on zoom.

Avril 

Good news Avril - for your friend and for you. I'm sure you're right in that she'll be more comfortable and much happier at home.  I hope she continues to improve.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Vaccination (Pfizer) done about an hour ago and my head hasn't yet dropped off, though the tracking device is giving me a mild headache.😂 Done by retired GP - as we all know, doctors haven't done vaccinations since the dark ages, so it was a bit like being stabbed, but he was very pleasant and I'm very grateful to him.

After months of seeing just my daughter and son in law, but mainly being on my own, I found sitting in a room full of 30-odd people for 15 minutes afterwards rather disconcerting, though; couldn't get out fast enough - a warning to anyone who hasn't yet been done to wear a heavy-duty mask - the ventilation was somewhat lacking in the room as well (windows and outside doors shut).

A real bonus, as I set off I saw a redwing in the front garden. Haven't seen one for years.:classic_smile:

Good news that you have had your vaccine.  David had the Pfizer one on Saturday and he has had no reactions to it at all, hopefully you will be the same.  He said that it was cold in the church hall where his was done because the doors and windows were open but he also said it was uncomfortable sitting with so many people even though they were socially distanced.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just had a call from our GP, John has been called for his vaccination! He’s only 60! He’s going to have it Friday 😊

Exactly the same as me, except I got a text.

I was so surprised, I wasn’t expecting any contact from them at all ! 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Exactly the same as me, except I got a text.

I was so surprised, I wasn’t expecting any contact from them at all ! 

Good news! Are you going to Parkwood?

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2