P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Only on my uncle Doris's side

Have you any relatives working in the lumberjack show in Ketchikan. I'm sure one was called Doris. If so I can say howdy when we go there in June..........oh poo, that cruise was cancelled as well🤣

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Have you any relatives working in the lumberjack show in Ketchikan. I'm sure one was called Doris. If so I can say howdy when we go there in June..........oh poo, that cruise was cancelled as well🤣

image.jpeg.85ca39bfd176437e457bc9b97cd076bb.jpegWas this him?

Morning Graham and everyone who follows.

Dull and overcast here and 7oC, but a least it's dry and not windy. 

Nothing exciting planned for today - so nothing new there, just another day indoors.

I might look a cruises to see if there is anything to replace the one that has just been cancelled for August.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

• Like 4

Good morning everyone. The sun is struggling to get out here at the moment and it's 4c. Feeling a bit fed up today and I can't decide what to do with myself. I need to put my Asda order in and then......?     My daughter has  her vaccination at 10.10am today so I hope all goes well for her and she has no side effects. Well that's my boring morning so far😏. I think I'll see what's happening on the other threads. T.T.F.N.

Avril

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Aulanis said:

As forecast, it has  gone really cold over here, with any luck may

be too cold to get out and do a bit more digging 😉  

Princess have just emailed  some "brand new" cruises  7n & 5n  but they are for Sept & Oct  - None for August ??  so building up my hopes that they

will cancel our  10th August one. 

They must be reading this thread.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24487-princess-extends-uk-pause-adds-new-itineraries-after.html

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone. The sun is struggling to get out here at the moment and it's 4c. Feeling a bit fed up today and I can't decide what to do with myself. I need to put my Asda order in and then......?     My daughter has  her vaccination at 10.10am today so I hope all goes well for her and she has no side effects. Well that's my boring morning so far😏. I think I'll see what's happening on the other threads. T.T.F.N.

Avril

I hope everything goes well for your daughter today at the vaccine centre Avril and she has no side effects.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

5°C cold, cloudy and wet here this morning.

I hope everyone is feeling well.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Q

Hello Graham, had my eye  check up at the hospital yesterday.

My eyes have not really deteriorated since the last time.

Decided to leave well alone for now has it would be a very complicated operation that I would need.

The Sun has just come out but it is already clouding over again.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Not bad. Dont mention bowels!  7 days on morphine and codeine makes concrete!!  Most difficult thing is realizing that its the cut muscles which hurt and not the joint!

Jean I’ve been poorly too so just now catching up on posts and reading about your accident. You don’t do things by half’s do you. I’m so glad you are starting on the mend.

Start eating the prunes and rhubarb etc to counteract the codeine, you don’t want to end up impacted as the cure for that is an eye watering prospect.

Just let your husband pamper you for a while.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Q

Hello Graham, had my eye  check up at the hospital yesterday.

My eyes have not really deteriorated since the last time.

Decided to leave well alone for now has it would be a very complicated operation that I would need.

The Sun has just come out but it is already clouding over again.

That's good you have had your check up and little deterioration found Eric.

So far I have been delighted with my sight improvement since  the removal of the Epiretinal Membrane which was causing blurred vision in my good eye  and the fitting of an IOL after cataract op on the same eye which has greatly improved my distance sight.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do regarding your eye in the future.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Jean I’ve been poorly too so just now catching up on posts and reading about your accident. You don’t do things by half’s do you. I’m so glad you are starting on the mend.

Start eating the prunes and rhubarb etc to counteract the codeine, you don’t want to end up impacted as the cure for that is an eye watering prospect.

Sorry to hear you have been poorly Eglesbrech and hope you are better now.

Eating lots of vegetables and regularly drinking a glass of water should help against codeine constipation.

Edited by grapau27

Good morning we also have 4.c this morning but a 0.c chill hopefully 

the sun will burn a bit of cloud away as we are tipped to get up to the

dizzy heights of 8.c , which compared to a few weeks back is a heat-wave 

for us . Another day just taking it easy and relaxing ,the key to a good day 

is do something nice ,like as you wake up turn to the person at the side of 

you and give them a gentle kiss and tell them how much you love them .:classic_smile:

That's unless your traveling alone on a airline, it's best to give it a miss then :classic_unsure:

Hope you all have a nice day and stay safe:classic_smile:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry to hear you have been ill.Hope you are back to full health now.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry you've not been well, and I'm pleased you're on the mend. Frank takes codeine regularly and I buy Asda prune juice for him. We've tried everything and half a glass each morning is the only thing that works. What a subject😊

Avril

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Sorry to hear you have been ill.Hope you are back to full health now.

Thank you, I’m improving by the day but still lacking a bit of energy.

Im such a shy, quiet, retiring little soul that no one even noticed that I was away 🤒

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sorry you've not been well, and I'm pleased you're on the mend. Frank takes codeine regularly and I buy Asda prune juice for him. We've tried everything and half a glass each morning is the only thing that works. What a subject😊

Avril

Thank you Avril.

I second the prune juice recommendation. What a subject indeed but it’s fairly fundamental to feeling well.

36 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry to hear you've been poorly. Hope you're better now.