P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Thanks to you all so much for your care and good advice - and it was good advice.  I have hairline fractures in the tibia and the radius, my neck is in a collar but soft tissue injury only to the neck -  a whiplash type injury where I must have thrown my head back at the point of impact.  The medics were slightly concerned about the faint and feelings of nausea but really think it was the shock of the fall and pain afterwards.  I just feel very tearful today so I'm sure the shock is coming out.  It will all heal within the next 6-8 weeks and in the meanwhile I've got my own doctors here who will take care of me.

I can't even make a joke of this today - too weepy!  Thanks again everyone, so much, and take care.  Jane. xxxx

Sorry to hear you have 2 hairline fractures Jane.

You did right to get checked out.

Take care of yourself.

Graham x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

The Canaries cruise is the January one on Iona and the Ventura one is Spain and Portugal. been to all the ports several times so might not even get off the ship 😉

My parents are on the Ventura sailing after yours then. I think my dad feels the same, doesn't mind if he doesn't get off the ship, they just want to be somewhere warmer than here in November.

I hope you have a lovely time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Thanks to you all so much for your care and good advice - and it was good advice.  I have hairline fractures in the tibia and the radius, my neck is in a collar but soft tissue injury only to the neck -  a whiplash type injury where I must have thrown my head back at the point of impact.  The medics were slightly concerned about the faint and feelings of nausea but really think it was the shock of the fall and pain afterwards.  I just feel very tearful today so I'm sure the shock is coming out.  It will all heal within the next 6-8 weeks and in the meanwhile I've got my own doctors here who will take care of me.

I can't even make a joke of this today - too weepy!  Thanks again everyone, so much, and take care.  Jane. xxxx

Everyone on here is far too sensitive to say told you so........but, glad you went and had it checked and get well soon.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Eddie.  Even a virtual hug sets me off again!  Take care.  Jane.x

Another virtual hug from me (sorry if it sets you off again-but as they say 'better out than in')Take Care x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Oh Jane, when you do somethiing you really make statement don't you? I'm so glad you decided to go to A&E, I was worried about you. Now you know what's wrong you can rest and heal. Get your tears out, and tomorrow morning you can cry with laughter when kalos posts his morning pick-me-up, it's the best tonic there is. You have all your CC friends here to support you, help keep your spirits up, and keep you company, so keep chatting when you feel the need. 

Take care Jane🤗🤗🤗xxx

Avril

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you, I have to ring at 2.30, hopefully all will be fine. She will be feeling extremely sorry for herself 

Michelle 

How's your dog Michelle, have you heard anything yet?

Avril

Blimey what's going on, it must be national falling down week, talk about monkey see monkey do, I blame Jean, she started it. I hope you all recover soon and don't have too much pain and discomfort, I have lost track of who fell and when, them that haven't fallen over put their hand up.

It isn't a bad old day here, lovely in the sun, bit nippy out of it mind. We had our second jabs yesterday and no side effects at all, hope for the same for the rest of you as there seems to be a bit of a glut of us second jab recipients at the moment. Our invincibility shields should be well honed for May 17th.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Will you be posting reviews photos etc? We are in iona and interested to see what she’s like

Probably just photos and a review on here. Hopefully after my planned August cruise on her

Our walk took us to the cricket field this morning.  There was a chap busy painting a sight screen.  We stopped to pass the time of day with him and he said the club had a mammoth task in hand - the wind had picked up the other screen and flipped it over the wall into the cemetery next door! 👀

Some gust, eh?  The lads are putting out a call to farmers etc to lend equipment to haul it back as it’s far too heavy and awkward for humans to lift

13 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Blimey what's going on, it must be national falling down week, talk about monkey see monkey do, I blame Jean, she started it. I hope you all recover soon and don't have too much pain and discomfort, I have lost track of who fell and when, them that haven't fallen over put their hand up.

It isn't a bad old day here, lovely in the sun, bit nippy out of it mind. We had our second jabs yesterday and no side effects at all, hope for the same for the rest of you as there seems to be a bit of a glut of us second jab recipients at the moment. Our invincibility shields should be well honed for May 17th.

My mate told me that somebody outside the pub's wife told him that Her friend said 4 weeks, so best keep that mask on😂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

How's your dog Michelle, have you heard anything yet?

Avril

I have just collected her now, she seems remarkably bright. She is not limping and has just eaten her tea so all is good except the bank account is £658 lighter!! 
Michelle 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have just collected her now, she seems remarkably bright. She is not limping and has just eaten her tea so all is good except the bank account is £658 lighter!! 
Michelle 

Really pleased to hear all went well and bet you glad to have her home again.

You can relax now.

Gill x

9 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Really pleased to hear all went well and bet you glad to have her home again.

You can relax now.

Gill x

Glad she is home, she is sat on the sofa next to me. Thanks Gill

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

It's money well spent though I'm sure, and as she seems to have had no issues with the procedure then all's well. My daughter has pet insurance for her cat and was thankful for it a few months ago. Have you given it a thought, especially for when she gets older?

Avril

I’m really pleased you went to a&e jane the topic was HOT this morning when I left , sorry you got two hair line fractures, take lots of rest and I’m sure your dog will enjoy his little holiday. To put a smile on your face after falling over last week playing football with grandson ( still in pain with hip and knee) last night after I cooked in-laws their dinners mother-in-law spilled all her juice in her dinner I was not happy has I had to sort something else out , then I came home to cook my dinner, long story cut short, I knocked a whole glass of wine over on my table next to me ( I was eating my dinner on my lap ) which the wine glass smashed and the wine went in all the electronic plugs, Alexa did not like it 😂 my lap top was plugged in as well , I stood up to clean it up with my dinner in my hands tripped up on the rowing machine legs and ended up on the floor with my dinner in my  face 😂😂 I felt like crying my eyes out but looked at my husband and we both burst out laughing, don’t think you could of wrote it to make it happen, but guess I was just doing too much looking after in-laws breakfast,lunch,dinner, then home to do mine for a week and it’s telling on me now .

So please think of yourself and rest all you can 😍

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 9°C and currently hailstones are falling.

We have been to Boundary mill and Royal Quays then we popped along to see Azura.

IMG_20210505_134347.jpg

IMG_20210505_134453.jpg

Mind you get about like, bonny lad. All on the other side of the river.

Gan Canny

Dai

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's money well spent though I'm sure, and as she seems to have had no issues with the procedure then all's well. My daughter has pet insurance for her cat and was thankful for it a few months ago. Have you given it a thought, especially for when she gets older?

Avril

We have Avril, it is expensive for her. She was diagnosed with Syringomyelia about two years ago and she will only get worse with it and is on lots of meds. They won’t insure her for it, we had to pay £1200 for an MRI to get her diagnosed.

I would pay the earth for her as I love her to bits!! She is a Blenheim King Charles Cavalier.

Michelle

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 9°C and currently hailstones are falling.

We have been to Boundary mill and Royal Quays then we popped along to see Azura.

IMG_20210505_134347.jpg

IMG_20210505_134453.jpg

Graham you’re tormenting yourself being so close to her .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m really pleased you went to a&e jane the topic was HOT this morning when I left , sorry you got two hair line fractures, take lots of rest and I’m sure your dog will enjoy his little holiday. To put a smile on your face after falling over last week playing football with grandson ( still in pain with hip and knee) last night after I cooked in-laws their dinners mother-in-law spilled all her juice in her dinner I was not happy has I had to sort something else out , then I came home to cook my dinner, long story cut short, I knocked a whole glass of wine over on my table next to me ( I was eating my dinner on my lap ) which the wine glass smashed and the wine went in all the electronic plugs, Alexa did not like it 😂 my lap top was plugged in as well , I stood up to clean it up with my dinner in my hands tripped up on the rowing machine legs and ended up on the floor with my dinner in my  face 😂😂 I felt like crying my eyes out but looked at my husband and we both burst out laughing, don’t think you could of wrote it to make it happen, but guess I was just doing too much looking after in-laws breakfast,lunch,dinner, then home to do mine for a week and it’s telling on me now .

So please think of yourself and rest all you can 😍

Oh Sandra that really cheered me up - how funny, but how good you could laugh about it. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate (or not!) so you look after yourself too. Jane.x

• Like 2

Good Evening Dear Friends.

A catch up from the ER -  or Emergency Ward 10 for those old enough to remember. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are my new best friends at the moment thanks to my fall from grace. I'm still feeling very shaky and teary and have a blinding headache but actually much better than when I posted earlier. The bones will heal and I will just have to be a good patient and let them do their job. Long bath and bed for me now but just want to thank you all once again for your care, kindness, and good wishes.

Sleep well everyone and speak soon. Very best wishes. Jane.xxx

PS. Michelle, I'm so glad the dog is ok but sorry about the bill. We're all in the wrong profession!

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Evening Dear Friends.

A catch up from the ER -  or Emergency Ward 10 for those old enough to remember. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are my new best friends at the moment thanks to my fall from grace. I'm still feeling very shaky and teary and have a blinding headache but actually much better than when I posted earlier. The bones will heal and I will just have to be a good patient and let them do their job. Long bath and bed for me now but just want to thank you all once again for your care, kindness, and good wishes.

Sleep well everyone and speak soon. Very best wishes. Jane.xxx

PS. Michelle, I'm so glad the dog is ok but sorry about the bill. We're all in the wrong profession!

Hope you sleep well and no headache in the morning.