P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Glorious day in Anglesey yesterday with wall to wall sunshine, took a nice short walk along the coast yesterday morning, relatively quiet in this part of the island, lots of palm trees and Aloe Vera plants, reminiscent of a place we stayed in Andalusia a few years ago. 

Off to Beaumaris Castle today, overcast at moment, but sun trying to break through as we look across the bay from apartment window.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Glorious day in Anglesey yesterday with wall to wall sunshine, took a nice short walk along the coast yesterday morning, relatively quiet in this part of the island, lots of palm trees and Aloe Vera plants, reminiscent of a place we stayed in Andalusia a few years ago. 

Off to Beaumaris Castle today, overcast at moment, but sun trying to break through as we look across the bay from apartment window.

It sounds lovely.Its definitely on my To visit list.Enjoy the rest of your holiday

• Like 1

Haven't posted for a  short while........

Well so much for having the summer off! I've gone back to vaccinating at a local pharmacy, just 2 or 3 shifts per week and one long day 8am-6pm back in my "old" job before I retired- pre op assessment, the backlog of pts is vast and the bosses are hoping to create a "pool" of pts ready and waiting in case of any cancellations of already listed people.

I've paid for my staycation cruise in Sept [MSC]  train/ pre hotel booked and about to pay for the Princess one in October -still unsure whether  it will go ahead or not but I really hope it does and still not bothered if we can't get off!  I haven't downloaded the Princess app yet needed to check in but from the Princess pages on CC, that looks like a bit of a nightmare. Oh the joy!

My aquasize class has resumed ,twice weekly but with only limited numbers at present  [10] but from Monday ,the full compliment of 25 will be allowed and that should allow me to actually participate 'cos I'm not quick enough to book online most times! Some one in that group has speedy fingers! 10 places go within about 30 seconds to 1minute, literally.

Wedding anniversary on Saturday [20 years] and booked a meal at a local pub and BBQ planned for Friday [that means it's bound to rain].

@Beckett you and the girls must go so soon? are the packed  yet? 🤩

Anyway, have a lovely weekend everybody and STILL STAY SAFE !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

It sounds lovely.Its definitely on my To visit list.Enjoy the rest of your holiday

We are booked for a long weekend in September, Anglesey is lovely Island.

Sometimes wonder why we left but our move to Yorkshire was work related.

It will be a very nostalgic has our Son was born there and it would have been his 50th Birthday during our visit, sadly he only made it to 47.

We are staying at a Hotel only a few miles from our home in the 1970s, it was still a working farm when we lived on the Island.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Well so much for having the summer off! I've gone back to vaccinating at a local pharmacy, just 2 or 3 shifts per week and one long day 8am-6pm back in my "old" job before I retired- pre op assessment, the backlog of pts is vast and the bosses are hoping to create a "pool" of pts ready and waiting in case of any cancellations of already listed people.

I've paid for my staycation cruise in Sept [MSC]  train/ pre hotel booked and about to pay for the Princess one in October -still unsure whether  it will go ahead or not but I really hope it does and still not bothered if we can't get off!  I haven't downloaded the Princess app yet needed to check in but from the Princess pages on CC, that looks like a bit of a nightmare. Oh the joy!

My aquasize class has resumed ,twice weekly but with only limited numbers at present  [10] but from Monday ,the full compliment of 25 will be allowed and that should allow me to actually participate 'cos I'm not quick enough to book online most times! Some one in that group has speedy fingers! 10 places go within about 30 seconds to 1minute, literally.

Wedding anniversary on Saturday [20 years] and booked a meal at a local pub and BBQ planned for Friday [that means it's bound to rain].

3 weeks on Saturday Jane and yes, they are packed! They've got their passports and tickets in individual folders, waiting to be joined by proof of a negative (please God) lateral flow test result which will be taken the day before we go. They are far more organised than me - I've only thought about packing.

It's lovely to hear from you and it looks like you're very busy at the moment. You were obviously persuaded to back to vaccinating and I bet they are so glad to have you back.  Ours is closed for July to give everyone a break as most of us have been there non-stop since December. We are just awaiting details of how and when the boosters will be given - provisional date is early September.

I hope you have a happy anniversary and a rain-free BBQ - forecast is very good for wall to wall sunshine at the moment.

I will let you know how we got on with MSC and in the meanwhile you keep safe too. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 3

It’s good to read everyone’s news and I’m pleased to see it’s generally positive.

Our pup has been spayed today, so it was a bit nail-biting till we got the call to say it was done & dusted and she was fine.

We went to Rockfish for lunch to take our minds off things surgical.  Hake grilled on the ‘plancher’ with romesco sauce.  Lovely. Pic for Brian!2AC0C4D0-D02D-4D75-AA1B-53EC47D4AF5F.thumb.jpeg.c99fe03bdd7fb42876191a7f6384d34a.jpeg

4 cruisers in the bay today.  One Marcella/TUI livery in Portland harbour and 3 on t’other side.  Anybody know what the big/dark livery one is?  I couldn’t make it out

93676970-2E77-4103-B7F2-AE1C35EB3A58.thumb.jpeg.0c30528e066e774d5cf380616cbef85b.jpeg

E490F838-F29A-4DC1-A6D0-8C028E577218.thumb.jpeg.6eb6f6ea1bcf4642b08a6c9cf8c8270a.jpeg

Very hot and very busy, tho’ the forecast full sun didn’t appear.  Hotter still tomorrow.  Phew!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

4 cruisers in the bay today.  One Marcella/TUI livery in Portland harbour and 3 on t’other side.  Anybody know what the big/dark livery one is?  I couldn’t make it out

Scarlet Lady is there. Could that be her? 

• Like 1

Oh maybe

I’ll scout round the www to see if I can find an image

Yup - that’s her.  Coconut for you Wowzz 🥥. Well done!

Not very pretty from the outside, is she?

C2C8D6A5-E49A-4A5D-8B52-5710FEBAE853.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
Added picture
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s good to read everyone’s news and I’m pleased to see it’s generally positive.

Our pup has been spayed today, so it was a bit nail-biting till we got the call to say it was done & dusted and she was fine.

We went to Rockfish for lunch to take our minds off things surgical.  Hake grilled on the ‘plancher’ with romesco sauce.  Lovely. Pic for Brian!2AC0C4D0-D02D-4D75-AA1B-53EC47D4AF5F.thumb.jpeg.c99fe03bdd7fb42876191a7f6384d34a.jpeg

93676970-2E77-4103-B7F2-AE1C35EB3A58.thumb.jpeg.0c30528e066e774d5cf380616cbef85b.jpeg

E490F838-F29A-4DC1-A6D0-8C028E577218.thumb.jpeg.6eb6f6ea1bcf4642b08a6c9cf8c8270a.jpeg

Very hot and very busy, tho’ the forecast full sun didn’t appear.  Hotter still tomorrow.  Phew!

I hope your pup is not too sore and doesn’t mess with her wound.

Glad all is well after the op and bet you will be glad to have her home with you again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I hope your pup is not too sore and doesn’t mess with her wound.

Glad all is well after the op and bet you will be glad to have her home with you again.

Thanks!

I splashed the cash and had her done laparoscopically (keyhole surgery). She just has 2 tiny wounds, each closed with one internal stitch and just glue for the skin closure.  She doesn’t seem uncomfortable, just a bit ‘spaced out’ - and no cone of shame, so that’s a bonus

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ann141 said:

Started off overcast this morning but has turned into another glorious sunny day, slapped on the sun cream today. Beaumaris Castle was amazing, named the best castle that never got completed. Managed to walk the part of the outer curtain walls and part of the walls of the inner keep, view across the town,  the Menai St and Snowdonia spectacular from the high walls of the keep.

This afternoon visited South Stack, decided not to go to lighthouse after seeing steep descent, it’s not the going back up that is the problem, my knee wouldn’t cope. Saw numerous puffins, gulls and choughs on the cliff face, some serious photographers there with some amazing photography equipment.

Back at apartment now, all quiet as the pilots at RAF Valley have put away their “toys” for the day, preparing evening meal which will be downed with a glass or possibly 2 of a French White wine I had for Father’s Day, followed by some French cheese.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Started off overcast this morning but has turned into another glorious sunny day, slapped on the sun cream today. Beaumaris Castle was amazing, named the best castle that never got completed. Managed to walk the part of the outer curtain walls and part of the walls of the inner keep, view across the town,  the Menai St and Snowdonia spectacular from the high walls of the keep.

This afternoon visited South Stack, decided not to go to lighthouse after seeing steep descent, it’s not the going back up that is the problem, my knee wouldn’t cope. Saw numerous puffins, gulls and choughs on the cliff face, some serious photographers there with some amazing photography equipment.

Back at apartment now, all quiet as the pilots at RAF Valley have put away their “toys” for the day, preparing evening meal which will be downed with a glass or possibly 2 of a French White wine I had for Father’s Day, followed by some French cheese.

Sounds lovely

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks!

I splashed the cash and had her done laparoscopically (keyhole surgery). She just has 2 tiny wounds, each closed with one internal stitch and just glue for the skin closure.  She doesn’t seem uncomfortable, just a bit ‘spaced out’ - and no cone of shame, so that’s a bonus

Well worth having keyhole……. Hopefully she will sleep like a log tonight.

x

• Like 1

I can’t believe you were at Bowness yesterday Graham as John and I were there! As you know Bowness is very busy and we’re only 10 minutes away from the Lakeside boat stop. So we took a cruise to Bowness and back. Only had just over half and a half before catching the boat back. On reflection we wished we’d allowed longer but when you’re booking online in advance it’s hard to know!

Anyway here are some of my photos from yesterday. Can’t believe how lucky we’ve been with the weather. Gorgeous again today and we’ve been to Holker House and Cartmel.

FF57D8D9-326A-414B-8D85-A714BB86BFEE.jpeg

BC577510-DDA7-480D-9D60-583FD9EA986B.jpeg

455831B6-E050-4A97-8239-1F1A37EB752D.jpeg

0A4B0F5B-B0A8-4300-AFA0-9616483A50A9.jpeg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh maybe

I’ll scout round the www to see if I can find an image

Yup - that’s her.  Coconut for you Wowzz 🥥. Well done!

Not very pretty from the outside, is she?

C2C8D6A5-E49A-4A5D-8B52-5710FEBAE853.jpeg

She makes Iona look first class in comparison, but maybe her inside shows more class.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I can’t believe you were at Bowness yesterday Graham as John and I were there! As you know Bowness is very busy and we’re only 10 minutes away from the Lakeside boat stop. So we took a cruise to Bowness and back. Only had just over half and a half before catching the boat back. On reflection we wished we’d allowed longer but when you’re booking online in advance it’s hard to know!

Anyway here are some of my photos from yesterday. Can’t believe how lucky we’ve been with the weather. Gorgeous again today and we’ve been to Holker House and Cartmel.

FF57D8D9-326A-414B-8D85-A714BB86BFEE.jpeg

BC577510-DDA7-480D-9D60-583FD9EA986B.jpeg

455831B6-E050-4A97-8239-1F1A37EB752D.jpeg

0A4B0F5B-B0A8-4300-AFA0-9616483A50A9.jpeg

Wish we had met.

We were at the Bellsfield hotel from 12-1pm for lunch then walked around Bowness until 3pm before driving to Grasmere then home.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Wish we had met.

We were at the Bellsfield hotel from 12-1pm for lunch then walked around Bowness until 3pm before driving to Grasmere then home.

Graham.

Such a shame! We were walking around between 11- 12-45!  You probably saw our boat go out! We walked past the bottom of the hotel and I said to John ‘that’s where Graham goes’ 😂

Here’s  a pic of Holker Hall, just wall to wall sunshine.

5131314A-9239-4E8D-A644-B39C7F1075A4.jpeg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

She makes Iona look first class in comparison, but maybe her inside shows more class.

Did I read that Scarlet Lady has a tattoo parlour? 😳

Haven’t we all been lucky with the weather (especially if you look at Belgium and Germany, poor things)?  Plus, it’s cooling and freshening a little now, so hopefully comfortable for sleep

What a shame Sue & John didn’t bump into Graham & Pauline - wouldn’t that have been a thing

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Such a shame! We were walking around between 11- 12-45!  You probably saw our boat go out! We walked past the bottom of the hotel and I said to John ‘that’s where Graham goes’ 😂

Here’s  a pic of Holker Hall, just wall to wall sunshine.

5131314A-9239-4E8D-A644-B39C7F1075A4.jpeg

There was a wedding party from Scotland at the Bellsfield hotel yesterday.

We were talking to the photographer at a seat near the little house in the gardens and he was setting a drone up for a video.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Happy 20th Anniversary for you both on Saturday.

Hope you have a nice BBQ on Friday and a lovely day and meal on Saturday.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We used to walk up and down those South Stack steps with no problem at all but that was almost 50 years ago, no chance now.

The clutch cable on my Car broke in that Car Park, luckily a kind person gave me lift into Holyhead to get a new part and I fixed it, we had no breakdown cover in those days.

Have you visited the Nat Trust property Plas Newydd it's well worth it, the views over the Menia Straights are spectacular.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Didn't Kirsty Allsopp say that living in an ugly building,  looking out at an attractive building , was much better than living in that attractive building?