PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Yes... we’re excited about the vaccine and relief that summer might bring with more of the population getting their jabs, but it’s just making it til then that’s going to be rough.  We had In-and-Out Burger open it’s first Colorado restaurant here last month with some people waiting in line for 12 hours before getting their order, and it’s been fairly jammed with take -out ever since.  Now 60 employees have COVID, but what is encouraging is that while so many staff are positive, no public cases have been tied to it.  

I am sorry, but a restaurant opens and 60 employees become sick?? Obviously, either this restaurant or Colorado residents were not taking this virus seriously.  Masks, hand washing, sanitizers, gloves??  Were you not paying attention to the viral spread on the East/West coasts???

Colorado employees at fast food place.  The safety protocols or enforcement (or most likely both) were flimsy at best.   What’s more appalling is that an additional 20 employees of the same chain were infected at their new Denver location.  Unbelievable. 

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

How are things where I am? Just great now that all the snow is gone in Boston and it’s going to be in the mid fifties today. 😁

I just like to say stay Safe & Healthy and Happy New Year!!  

From

CF95812F-B7DE-4DA6-905E-ACCDB0637672.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

Turkey finally thawed and we had a yummy moist bird for dinner last night.  I was eager to chomp into a wing for breakfast but after searching, realized the leftovers were packed up and left on the counter last night.  D’oh!  Looks like I’ll make meatloaf for tonight to have with our leftover potatoes.  But hey, every Christmas usually has a family story of some kind.  ☺️

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1

I am grateful that I survived this last year and now have awoken this morning to be one year older today.  When I sign in to Twitter, I get those adorable balloons!

If you have cake and ice cream wherever you are, be sure to have some today.  I would send you some, but they do not have an up-load for food items on this forum.

Stay safe everyone and lets get through this next year and come out the other side to the normal we once knew.

🎂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindaru said:

I am grateful that I survived this last year and now have awoken this morning to be one year older today.  When I sign in to Twitter, I get those adorable balloons!

If you have cake and ice cream wherever you are, be sure to have some today.  I would send you some, but they do not have an up-load for food items on this forum.

Stay safe everyone and lets get through this next year and come out the other side to the normal we once knew.

🎂

Happy Birthday!  I hope your day was great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plant said:

Happy Birthday!  I hope your day was great!

It was indeed!  Talked on the telephone with my Aunt who lives in another state.  Got some gift cards as presents and have already spent half of one on a music maker program which I have already created a couple of songs with.

😊

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, MamaFej said:

@PurpleHays, this video might be helpful for you: SVGs Made Simple 2 . It's part of a Jennifer Maker Series about finding, downloading, uploading, and using SVG files on Cricut and other cutting machines. She goes over how to work with a variety of devices and browsers.

This video: SVGs Made Simple 1 is about how to find and download SVGs. 

She tends to have long introductions, but there are good title cards, so it's easy to drag through the progress bar and stop when you see what you want in the thumbnail.

Welcome back, @From Air to Sea!

OMG! I finally got around to watching the first video and it made a world of difference! I now know what I was doing wrong and how to find SVG files. I've downloaded a couple already and am excited to play with them. Thank you so much for giving me this information.

Off to craft!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Let me start by saying it’s cold in Boston. Now about singing while washing your hands.

The song I like to sing is Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of RUM. 

Singing or drinking it?

Wohoo - congrats on both the booking and vaccine!  What a great way to start the New Year.   We just heard from family in Denver that they have appointments for their first dose on Saturday, but we’re in our mid-60s and so will be in phase 2 roll-out expected this Spring.  2021 starting to look better.  Yay - have a happy New Years everyone!

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoriPhil said:

Wohoo - congrats on both the booking and vaccine!  What a great way to start the New Year.   We just heard from family in Denver that they have appointments for their first dose on Saturday, but we’re in our mid-60s and so will be in phase 2 roll-out expected this Spring.  2021 starting to look better.  Yay - have a happy New Years everyone!

I get mine early because I do direct patient care in a skilled nursing/rehab facility.  No idea when DH will get his.

4 hours ago, donswife said:

I booked a Caribbean cruise for February 2022, in hopes that there will be some resemblance to normal cruising by then. DH only likes window suites, so I had to plan way ahead!  I get my first dose of vaccine Jan 6!

Congrats 🥳 on booking a cruise, something to look forward to. As well as congrats on having the first stage of the vaccine. From my understanding we’re still a few months away from the start of rolling out vaccinations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Playing with my new laptop. Noticed it listed my 82" Samsung TV as a Bluetooth device so I fiddled a bit and found I can stream directly from the laptop to the TV. SWEET! Used to use a Chromecast unit to mirror the laptop on the TV but this is better. Ahhh... Technology is sweet (when it works). It's nice to be able to stream stuff from the laptop, and I'll set up the connection to my phone as well. "Slicker" than the Chromecast solution.

When I was young the TV often didn't work. When it did we got two channels - 7 and 12. Once in a great while we got channel 3 out of Sacramento but it was always very "snowy". Being a kid I watched it anyway because that's where I could find the monster movies. Godzilla, Rodan, Attack of the Crab Monsters, Them, etc,.  The greats. 😁 I still don't have cable TV (I know...) as we don't really watch "regular" TV much. I have a couple of small antennae on the patio roof and can pull in plenty of drivel if I want it. I use it for the local news, late night monologues, football, and golf when it's the last day of a tournament. Other than that we watch Hulu (movies, shows, Golf Channel, ESPN, etc.), Netflix, Disney Plus, and Amazon Prime Video. Waaaaaaaaaaaay more than we need and far too much to watch it all. Those come over the cable but it's my Internet connection.

Discovered a rolled rump roast in the freezer we had forgotten about so I've got it cooking as a pot roast. Starting to smell good in here.

• Like 5

I don't understand why 40-50% of 1st responders in LA & Riverside Counties are turning down the vaccine but if they don't want it, we do!! Send it to the Bay Area

Meanwhile, I'm bored. I still get to do 1/2 the things I did before (hike, shop, kids) but miss travel / dining out / live music 🎶 and having to grow 'curtain bangs'

20201231_085605.thumb.jpg.af471266b474629cf36d76575daa5abc.jpg

Edited by Ombud
I'm taking the pic

On 12/29/2020 at 11:11 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Let me start by saying it’s cold in Boston. Now about singing while washing your hands.

The song I like to sing is Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of RUM. 

Interesting fact:

================================================

"Dead Man's Chest" (also known as Fifteen Men On The Dead Man's Chest or Derelict) is a fictional[1]sea song,[2] originally from Robert Louis Stevenson's novel Treasure Island (1883). It was expanded in a poem, titled "Derelict" by Young E. Allison, published in the Louisville Courier-Journal in 1891. It has since been used in many later works of art in various forms.

================================================

Stevenson is obviously famous as a writer but not well known as a song writer. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2020 at 7:42 PM, jangor said:

I am sorry, but a restaurant opens and 60 employees become sick?? Obviously, either this restaurant or Colorado residents were not taking this virus seriously.  Masks, hand washing, sanitizers, gloves??  Were you not paying attention to the viral spread on the East/West coasts???

That's crazy!  When you conside that only 1.5% of cases are from restaurant dining, this is just ridiculous that people could be so careless!
Perhaps they had partaken earlier and had the muchies and just HAD to eat?

Edited by suzyed

12 hours ago, AF-1 said:

It is nice to cast shows and videos from laptop or smartphone to the big tv

It’s handy being married to an IT Engineer 👨‍💻, he has set this up on numerous occasions especially when sharing photos from our trips. Easier then squeezing around the laptop 💻. He even set this up when we had a zoom memorial for my Aunt who passed away in New York, it was much easier for my parents to be here and not have to squeeze again around a laptop. He’s too smart!!!