PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

So worked in Health care for 24 years ! Respect everyones choice but I should know if you refused the Vaccine and are treating me. know all about Hippa but where do my rights come in? We don't know how this vaccine will do but it is a chance for those who are older! While you may survive I promise you I won't! I don't believe in the mask crap either although I wear one when I have to go out which is rarely. Makes others feel better! What about my sister with Dementia  I want her to go in her sleep not struggling to breathe. Sorry off my soap box!

Edited by Reader0108598

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I can think of worse places to be stuck for a bit than Barcelona. (Casablanca comes to mind.) Granted, we only spent 4 days in Barcelona and I don't think I'd really like to be there for 14 days. It could get expensive! It's a pretty interesting place though.

Bwahahahahahahaaaa... Having worked for the government - even if it was only the California State Government - I never saw a lot of common sense floating around. Those people can fail to understand even a clearly worded directive or rule. Petty tyrant bureaucrats abound.

Delete

Edited by Reader0108598

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I can think of worse places to be stuck for a bit than Barcelona. (Casablanca comes to mind.) Granted, we only spent 4 days in Barcelona and I don't think I'd really like to be there for 14 days. It could get expensive! It's a pretty interesting place though.

Bwahahahahahahaaaa... Having worked for the government - even if it was only the California State Government - I never saw a lot of common sense floating around. Those people can fail to understand even a clearly worded directive or rule. Petty tyrant bureaucrats abound.

Agree 24 years in Massachusetts State Goverment with a GED more common sense than the dummies in charge! They had fancy degrees! lol Still made it pretty far and did alright! 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

17 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Yes.  I agree.  I would go fight the CDC and I'm sure they will get it figured out very soon and give you a personal response and 'thank you' for your help.

It is a government agency here to help us.

We'll all be waiting anxiously to hear your results.

Right.............. I will get right on that. In fact, I will send it certified and return receipt.

Just checked my Informed Delivery email. It shows me what snail mail is coming each day. Poop. Still no $600 bank card for me. The first time they sent out money we got it via direct deposit but it took until mid May. We don't get a tax refund (always have to pay) so they had to connect us via Social Security. My wife got a bank card in the mail last week but there's not been anything for me. I used the "Where's My Check" tool online and, using her info, it shows the payment last year and the payment scheduled for this year - the one she got right about the time it shows as being scheduled. When I use my info it shows the payment for last year but for this year says it can't give me any information because I either didn't file taxes or am not eligible. BAH!  It's not like I'm hurting for the money but I'd still like to have it and the sheer incompetence of these people is really annoying.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just checked my Informed Delivery email. It shows me what snail mail is coming each day. Poop. Still no $600 bank card for me. The first time they sent out money we got it via direct deposit but it took until mid May. We don't get a tax refund (always have to pay) so they had to connect us via Social Security. My wife got a bank card in the mail last week but there's not been anything for me. I used the "Where's My Check" tool online and, using her info, it shows the payment last year and the payment scheduled for this year - the one she got right about the time it shows as being scheduled. When I use my info it shows the payment for last year but for this year says it can't give me any information because I either didn't file taxes or am not eligible. BAH!  It's not like I'm hurting for the money but I'd still like to have it and the sheer incompetence of these people is really annoying.

Hope you get a check my son probably won't making over making over their limit. He works his arse off overtime for his family of 4 so the wife can stay home with their two  kids!

The first stimulus check we got by direct deposit.

The recent one came as a debit card which I was able to set up an account with the EIP and get transferred to my bank.

We also do not have to pay any taxes nor do we collect refunds.  They had our direct deposit number from when we could get refunds before hubby retired.

Not sure why the card this time.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

If it doesn't show up....you can just deal with it when you do your taxes:

If your stimulus payment was not sent by January 15, the Get My Payment tool will list your status as “Not Available”. If you are eligible for a stimulus payment, you will need to file for the Recovery Rebate Credit when you submit your 2020 taxes. You will also file for the rebate if you did not receive your payment or only received a portion of your eligible stimulus check. 

If your payment is returned to the IRS, you will also need to file the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/personal-finance/wheres-my-600-stimulus-check-7-reasons-it-hasnt-arrived-yet/#:~:text=But millions of Americans still,distribute them is Jan. 15.&text=The IRS and Treasury Department,relief bill on Dec. 27.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nini said:

Thrak-

The first time around, we each received a check.

This time, our "Card" arrived about January 27th and has both of our names on it.

We file and pay taxes every year.

It was weird. The card we got only had my wife's name on it and is only good for $600. Guess it will have to be dealt with at tax time. It doesn't seem as nice as getting money in the mail though.

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It was weird. The card we got only had my wife's name on it and is only good for $600. Guess it will have to be dealt with at tax time. It doesn't seem as nice as getting money in the mail though.

Do you and your wife file separately? That is the only other thing I can think of. Still,

it is now February. We thought that we had thrown ours away or were not getting one.

4 minutes ago, nini said:

Do you and your wife file separately? That is the only other thing I can think of. Still,

it is now February. We thought that we had thrown ours away or were not getting one.

Nope.  We have always filed jointly. I also never received the IRS For 1444. As far as I know my wife never received this form either.

IRS notice 1444 is the form that shows the amount of the recipient's Economic Impact Payment (EIP) and will be mailed to every EIP recipient's last known addresses. Please do not be alarmed that you are receiving a notice from the IRS. The IRS notice 1444 information will be needed for your 2020 tax return.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Nope.  We have always filed jointly. I also never received the IRS For 1444. As far as I know my wife never received this form either.

IRS notice 1444 is the form that shows the amount of the recipient's Economic Impact Payment (EIP) and will be mailed to every EIP recipient's last known addresses. Please do not be alarmed that you are receiving a notice from the IRS. The IRS notice 1444 information will be needed for your 2020 tax return.

What a waste of paper and postage... I thought that the stimulus money was not taxable.

I do not think we ever got that form either.

Yeah...I didn't remember receiving Notice 1444 either...

Then I found this:

What does notice 1444 look like?

This notice was issued from the White House and looks more like a letter than a traditional IRS notice, but the notice number is in the upper right of the heading, just below the date. For security reasons, the IRS mails this notice to each recipient's last known address within 15 days after the payment goes out.

I remember thinking that was strange at the time....and thought it was just a political statement, so I tossed it.....

Here's more:

https://forst.tax/what-is-irs-notice-1444-do-you-need-to-do-anything/

1 hour ago, nini said:

What a waste of paper and postage... I thought that the stimulus money was not taxable.

I do not think we ever got that form either.

As far as I know the stimulus money is not taxable but the federal unemployment kicker is taxable.  

On 2/1/2021 at 7:36 AM, 1980dory said:

For those who refuse to wear a mask, one question, please:  Would you be willing to undergo surgery

with a doctor and medical assistants who refused to wear masks during your surgery?

As an OR RN of 30+ years, I often offer this advice to non-maskers.

• Like 5

Well I saw on the nightly news that the famous groundhog from Pennsylvania (Punxsutawney Phil - I had to check the spelling on that one) predicts six more weeks of winter because he saw his shadow. Well that might be the case in Pennsylvania, but our groundhog at the Milwaukee County Zoo didn't see his shadow. So I'm really hoping Wisconsin and our neighboring states will be spared and have a early spring if Gordy the groundhog is right. :classic_biggrin: This past Sunday we got 13 plus inches of snow in Kenosha, I'm so ready for spring.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

BB1djTIn (1).jpe

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 2:06 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I normally would be on a 20 day cruise at this time of the year. But boy am I lucky we are Expecting a foot of snow tomorrow in Boston. 😳 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

This is why I don’t like snow. See Photo It’s my neighbors car. 😳

Tony

61C7484C-4206-4D57-BBF8-77CBB8F3F394.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

This is why I don’t like snow. See Photo It’s my neighbors car. 😳

Tony

61C7484C-4206-4D57-BBF8-77CBB8F3F394.jpeg

OMG 😆. Does not look enjoyable at all.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:43 PM, Thrak said:

One of my wife's quilting friends heard that another friend got her first vaccination. We were confused because the news on TV, the newspaper, etc. all are saying 75 and older only so far. She investigated and sent my wife some kind of vague info. We checked it out more thoroughly and discovered there were a limited number of vaccinations being done in Butte County for age 65 and up. We signed up and are getting our first shots on February 2 - only 3 days from now. From the info listed it's the Moderna vaccine. It's good to get this going.

Any ill effects from vaccine? My husband will be getting his in a couple of months, unfortunately I had a serious reaction to a previous vaccine so will not be able to get it.