PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, LoriPhil said:

Shots today and we both have slight discomfort at injection site but no biggie - had the same thing with shingles shot.  I’ve medicated with glass of wine.  Phil has slight headache so he’ll try the Tylenol route.  The  CDC and others don’t recommend taking Tylenol or ibuprofen right before receiving the shot, but appear to be ok with it if discomfort occurs later.  I’ll stick with the wine, just to be safe. 

Tylenol -- Ethanol -- all okay!

22 hours ago, Ombud said:

This is why I'm trying to time it to get the J&J one. Plus they gave me an appointment time when I'd be watching 3 grandkids (5, 7, 7). I'm not standing in line with those 320210208_120406.thumb.jpg.54d23219d55f249d0466fc2f625d683c.jpg

Thanks for the explanation.  Have a nice day and Happy Valentines Day

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dickinson said:

I was lucky to get an appointment at a mass vaccine clinic at a Six Flags amusement park.  Appointment is tomorrow.  Unfortunately it is supposed to start snowing tonight and ending tomorrow morning.  Could get 1-3 inches.  Where I live that is enough that they could cancel the clinic  😞 

Good Luck;  hope you get to make it.   I used to live not far from Six Flags in Prince George County

48 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Good Luck;  hope you get to make it.   I used to live not far from Six Flags in Prince George County

The vaccine site says they are open today.  We have just under an inch of snow.  Will have to leave a little early.  Under good conditions it would be about 45 minute drive.

• Like 1

Haven’t been on CC for months.  

Hope cruising will be a go for March 2022. 

Covid paid a visit to our home last month; hubby caught it but is doing 

well. He got a mild case.  I never did catch it.  

What a year it’s been.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nini said:

We are loving snow at the beach!

Hi Nina,

If you love snow so much can you come by my house Sunday? It may look like this and you could dig out my driveway? When you get here it will make my day.😁😁See photo of me.

Tony

EE30270F-D850-46CC-BCB0-F2EED31F0599.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, taznremmy said:

Mine is March 2nd.  How are you feeling?  I've read that the second one usually elicits more reaction.

We have had both shots, Pfizer, minimal discomfort at the injection site, but I came home and "passed out" my husband said less discomfort that the first shot. My 92 year mom/dad were the same. My dental hygienist that I saw today had Moderna and said she was also tired but very little else. I think it all depends on the person but so far, no one I know has had a difficult set of symptoms following the shots. (And I have a number of allergies so I was a bit nervous)

• Like 3

On 2/6/2021 at 7:25 PM, PurpleHays said:

Yep, I do. Even for those that don't believe in them.  I dos believe that anti-masker should fall at the end of the line for the vaccines. Does that make me a bad person?

That does not make you a bad person. My guess is that most anti-maskers would refuse to get the vaccine since many believe Covid is a hoax.  I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine Wednesday, only side effects were a slight headache and mild injection site soreness. Luckily I am a military retiree and was able to get scheduled at the local base, otherwise I would still be waiting as New Jersey's appointment system is a disorganized mess. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Nina,

If you love snow so much can you come by my house Sunday? It may look like this and you could dig out my driveway? When you get here it will make my day.😁😁See photo of me.

Tony

EE30270F-D850-46CC-BCB0-F2EED31F0599.jpeg

Tony- I would love to come by... what kind of wine should I bring and how

many bottles?

Got my first shot yesterday.  Unfortunately my husband had just had his second shingles shot last week, so he has to wait.  The process was well organized and smooth.

Much less positive is our weather.  High of -5 today with -17 wind chill.  Lows of more than -20 actual temps--coming up.  It's been a long time since we've seen a cold spell like this one.

• Like 1

Got our 2nd shot on Tuesday...the shot was totally painless (unlike the first).  That same night it started to get a sore.  The next day, about 24 hours after the shot I had a headache while playing cards.  When I got home I got really tired and had body aches.  Same with DH but of course his was worse than mine!  The following day I was mostly fine and he was still really tired. But we both good now and thankful we were able to get our vaccinations with very little fuss!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, nini said:

Tony- I would love to come by... what kind of wine should I bring and how

many bottles?

Hi Nina,

Come by anytime don’t bring any wine. I still have 6 bottles of Champagne that I received for winning at trivia on my last cruise. It’s really good champion the boys make it fresh every Tuesday in the boiler rooms on all the Princess cruise ships. 🍾 😁

3815BF00-61ED-45AD-945E-CC0CAA168CD7.jpeg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Nina,

Come by anytime don’t bring any wine. I still have 6 bottles of Champagne that I received for winning at trivia on my last cruise. It’s really good champion the boys make it fresh every Tuesday in the boiler rooms on all the Princess cruise ships. 🍾 😁

That is why we call it Princess Champoo

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Nina,

That is really sweet of you. That will cut down on my luggage.

Trying some new champagne would be lovely. Chilled of course.

Weather update from the Washington State Coast:

We lost power about midnight and it returned about 7:30 a.m.

This is due to 30 mph winds and freezing rain. We have lovely

icicles on everything and have lost some major branches from our

birch trees. If you walk outside, you can hear branches breaking.

I KNOW this is very mild for many of you, but geez, the Pacific Ocean is less

than a mile from our house. Not to worry, I have wine chilling outside...

Snow wine chiller - YouTube

One birch tree is leaning over our car which we will move as soon as

we can break into it without ripping the paint off!

Kids in Portland have no power but lots of snow and ice. They

were wise to get batteries on Thursday for the fan in their gas fireplace.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Nina,

Isn't that the stuff Princess was fined for dumping overboard?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, suzyed said:

Got our 2nd shot on Tuesday...the shot was totally painless (unlike the first).  That same night it started to get a sore.  The next day, about 24 hours after the shot I had a headache while playing cards.  When I got home I got really tired and had body aches.  Same with DH but of course his was worse than mine!  The following day I was mostly fine and he was still really tired. But we both good now and thankful we were able to get our vaccinations with very little fuss!

Reactions seem to vary greatly. Got this from our TA.

==========================================

FYI

My 2nd injection did not go well. Next day I thought someone throat punched me!  I was down & out FYI. 

My first injection, never felt & no reaction. 
=========================================

4 hours ago, nini said:

Weather update from the Washington State Coast:

We lost power about midnight and it returned about 7:30 a.m.

This is due to 30 mph winds and freezing rain. We have lovely

icicles on everything and have lost some major branches from our

birch trees. If you walk outside, you can hear branches breaking.

I KNOW this is very mild for many of you, but geez, the Pacific Ocean is less

than a mile from our house. Not to worry, I have wine chilling outside...

Snow wine chiller - YouTube

One birch tree is leaning over our car which we will move as soon as

we can break into it without ripping the paint off!

Kids in Portland have no power but lots of snow and ice. They

were wise to get batteries on Thursday for the fan in their gas fireplace.

Just south of you plenty of snow here in Portland but still have power