PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

43 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My son is a Sergeant in the CHP and he got his second shot last week.

Yes!! Thank him! If a CHP helps me on 80 I don't want to wonder if he's asymptomatic 

Added: understand that there's a slight chance but it's the best we've got

Edited by Ombud

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

My wife and I both got our second Pfizer shot last Friday at the MGH in Boston to took lest then 35 minutes counting the 15 minutes they make you wait after you receive the shot. We both had no reaction at all to the shot and it’s been 6 days now. Just lucky I guess. 
Please stay Safe my friends,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 5

On 2/28/2021 at 5:03 AM, Reader0108598 said:

..... who knows when my 73 year old husband or myself at 62 fit in. ..... 

Only responding to this part. Not sure where you are in USA. If in California, you need to register at BOTH myturn.ca.gov and with your county. I got 2 appointments within days the 1st time and I'm not over 70. Turned both down as I'm driving 40 miles RT. Got a personalized appointment link from Kaiser last week (I'm a Kaiser member) for all medical centers in Northern California & again this week.  again declined as I'm waiting for J&J. Also Albertson chains (Albertson's,  Luckys,  Safeway) are wide a open again. No idea how to help if not in California but heard that 1st dose appointments are becoming more available in other states

Where have you registered for the vaccine? Do they know you want it?

On 2/25/2021 at 5:38 PM, paradiselivin1 said:

We've also had our two doses of Pfizer with no side effects other than a slightly sore arm. It's been two weeks today so we are considered "fully vaccinated". We still wear masks in public as it is required in our area and think it's a good practice just to ensure everyone's safety. That being said; we are flying on a plane for the 1st time in well over a year when we board in mid-May to head out to Utah. Hoping that everyone else looking for a vaccine gets one soon and that we can slowly get back to a new normal.

We got our second shot on February 9th, so we feel like we should be good to go.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, AZjohn said:

Don't mean to disagree but, at least in Santa Clara County its out of control (in a real bad way). Starting March 15, 18 year old and up can be vaccinated if working in a bar ....

18 yr olds can't work in a bar. 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ombud said:

Can you share how the vaccine rollout is going?? I'm still hoping for a Queensland cruise in December 2021

Sorry for the delay in responding as haven’t been on for a few days. We’re at the end of the second week of vaccinations. Currently we’re in Phase 1a being frontline workers, age care and a few others. From things I read and watch on the news they’re saying all who want the vaccination will be done by the end of October 2021, hopefully quicker 😀. We only have the Pfizer and started the AstraZeneca today in rural South Australia (I think). Australia will be manufacturing the AstraZeneca vaccine within the near future. By all reports they are happy with the roll out so far, as Australia is in a really good position currently with COVID. We currently have no community transmission and the only cases are in hotel quarantine.

Some good news on the cruising front is that it was on the news within the last few days, that the Government federal and state have been working with the cruising industry for a framework. If I remember correctly said been for the past 6 months and the focus on local cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were lucky enough to get our 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine at the Santa Clara Convention Center last week.  As we were going through the stations, roped walkways, large rooms with chairs in rows and workers with paddles directing people, my husband said, “I feel like we are boarding a cruise ship!”

Hopefully soon!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

@AZjohn wow!! 18 yr olds can work in a bar!! However, none of them are open in my town so that's irrelevant.  But they'd have more public contact than grandma / grandpa getting porch deliveries so should be higher on the list IMHO

• Like 1

4 vaccines now approved in Canada (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson). Supply of Pfizer is growing very quickly so we are now in a situation where some provinces are "struggling" to ramp up their vaccination program. That is the case in Ontario where it was just annouced they will open their "mass" vaccination clinics only at the end of March. Until then, it is up to local Public Health Units to decide how to vaccinate people. In Ottawa, the local health unit is currently vaccinating people over 80 in high risk neighbourhoods. Also, AstraZeneca is approved for all adults but a health advisory body  has recommended that it be used for adults up to 64 years old only. The provinces have accepted this recommendation and a first shipment has been received in Canada of this vaccine. In Ontario this means that adults aged 60 to 64 will have to decide whether to get the AstraZeneca shot now or wait a few months to get the Pfizer or Moderna. But the good news is that the vacciation roll-out seems to be accelerating with the new vaccines approved.

• Like 2

Got our second shots yesterday. My wife felt a little funky last night and her arm hurt a bit. I was fine. Today my arm hurts a little bit. A friend who is the same age as me got his yesterday as well.  My wife said he posted on FB (I don't have a FB account) that he felt like "someone beat him with a stick". His wife has no issue and other friends who got their second shots the same day or the day before are all fine as well.

I received my second shot on Tues, and but for a little soreness at the injection site, and a slight headache, all was fine......until about 30 hours later.  Then, I too felt like I had been beaten with a stick. All was fine the next day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CRUISE SHIP SIGHTING!!!

Yesterday, we decided to do our big grocery shopping trip in Astoria, Oregon

versus inland in Olympia, Washington.

So, we drove south to cross over the wide Columbia River on the lovely

Astoria- Megler Bridge. And in the distance, we spotted a docked cruise ship!

How refreshing. I wanted to park the car and beg to board. It was the Oceania Regatta.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nini said:

CRUISE SHIP SIGHTING!!!

How refreshing. I wanted to park the car and beg to board. It was the Oceania Regatta.

Hi Nina,

I thought you might like to see this photo.

Tony

9A431459-2EE3-4DED-8245-FA0E836F6947.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nini said:

CRUISE SHIP SIGHTING!!!

This really makes me sad.  We were supposed to be sailing on her in late April on an 18-day voyage from San Francisco to Miami.  We just got our deposit refunded yesterday.  

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday at the local military base. Doing fine except for the general feeling that I was in a WWE Battle Royal last night (headache, minor joint pain and fatigue). My wife has an appointment in April as she is too young to get an appointment on base. 

In other matters, we are due a spring preview next week. 

Hope everyone is doing good!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

This really makes me sad.  We were supposed to be sailing on her in late April on an 18-day voyage from San Francisco to Miami.  We just got our deposit refunded yesterday.  

I feel for you! We were supposed to be on the two previous cruises: around Tahiti, and Papeete to San Francisco, via Hawaii, then a quick one hour flight home in time for our daughter's college graduation. 

Our replacement Tahiti cruise on the Pacific Princess got cancelled when Princess sold the ship.

Maybe the universe doesn't want us to sail around Tahiti. Or maybe we just need to be patient.

We got our second Pfizer shots... me on Thursday and dh yesterday.  I only had a sore arm (not as bad as the first time) and so far dh barely feels where he had the shot. DD works for the school system and will be getting J&J tomorrow.

• Like 4

On March 7, 2020 my wife and I along with 2 other couples sailed from Ft Lauderdale on the Island Princess.  The next day all cruises were cancelled.  After 10 wonderful days on the ship we returned to a very subdued reception.  At the time, we could not imagine that a year later cruising would had not resumed.  We have all had our 2 shots but still don't see an enjoyable to return to traveling be it a cruise or an all-inclusive somewhere warm.  Hopefully that will change in the next six months.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dickinson said:

DD works for the school system and will be getting J&J tomorrow.

Please come back and let me know how J&J went. Kaiser sent me another alert that they should have it soon and I can get it at the hospital (I'm fine but they're hyper vigilante as I have history) 

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Please come back and let me know how J&J went. Kaiser sent me another alert that they should have it soon and I can get it at the hospital (I'm fine but they're hyper vigilante as I have history) 

Will do!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ttown said:

On March 7, 2020 my wife and I along with 2 other couples sailed from Ft Lauderdale on the Island Princess.  The next day all cruises were cancelled.  After 10 wonderful days on the ship we returned to a very subdued reception.  At the time, we could not imagine that a year later cruising would had not resumed.  We have all had our 2 shots but still don't see an enjoyable to return to traveling be it a cruise or an all-inclusive somewhere warm.  Hopefully that will change in the next six months.

Last year on March 5th we set sail on the Coral Princess for our S. American adventure!  March 13th was our last day on terra firma when we went to see the Penguins in the Falkland Islands!  
Shortly after, the cruise was officially cancelled and we tried to get home from Buenos Aires to no avail.  So we sailed.  No port would accept us.  On April 5th we finally docked in Miami and we were off the ship later that evening and driven to our home in St. Augustine arriving in the wee hours of April 6th.  Sadly there were two desceased passengers on board, one that was dropped off in Barbados and many ill passenger.  We were lucky that we got off on the 5th....a good deal of them remained onboard until April 10th or so.
Crazy scary times!