PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

10 hours ago, voljeep said:

Sunshine and mostly blue skies - currently 79 - projected low tonight around 60

Fully vaccinated , now 5 weeks past 2nd Pfizer shot(s)

Bike week wrapping up - very few mask wearers according to the 'news' reports ( but , hey - it wouldn't be 'news' otherwise )

Spring Break kicking in - our schools are out next week - don't expect to see many mask wearers in those pics, either

we had to replace the washer months ago - who knew the washer had a 'transmission' - only thing we could get immediately was a glorified Amana apartment sized unit - but it's done the job - ours are mainly small loads for just the 2 of us

stay safe

stay hydrated

Spring Forward - I used to love the 'extra' daylight at night - now, not so much ...

The bikers are all around St. Augustine too!  Last week we were down in Ormond Beach and lots lots of bikes!!  Lucky bikers...the weather has been great!

On 3/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, nini said:

Keep us posted! Positive vibes to you!

Thanks!  Mild reaction to the second shot.  Got the shot, worked all afternoon at a house we are flipping, cleaning, hauling, etc.  About 8 at night got very, very cold, some chills, spent the rest of the night wrapped in double blankets; arm very sore.

In the morning chills are gone, arm still very sore.  By afternoon, arm much better and feel very normal.  Today, all is good, arm barely sore, but all in all it wasn't bad.

We did get a call from our 51 yr old son in Montana that he just tested positive; hadn't been feeling well and friends they had seen last week called that they were positive.  They have grandkids they are around a lot, so hoping the littles don't get it too, even though most kids have few or mild symptoms.

16 minutes ago, suzyed said:

The bikers are all around St. Augustine too!  Last week we were down in Ormond Beach and lots lots of bikes!!  Lucky bikers...the weather has been great!

Be to be dealing with a bunch of cases.  No masks means lots of Covid.  And I will bet they are  not vaccinated 

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Be to be dealing with a bunch of cases.  No masks means lots of Covid.  And I will bet they are  not vaccinated 

Most people I have seen have masks.  Why would you think they are not vaccinated?

On 3/12/2021 at 11:08 PM, Thrak said:

In situations of that sort youtube is your friend.

Don and I have fixed a number of things around the house with Youtube videos to guide us.  I figure we have saved enough in repair bills to pay for a cruise! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoriPhil said:

Ah, never mind... 

Good answer! 

I've been vaccinated twice and I still wear a mask.  So where does that put me?

Gross generalizations only  though, because the CDC does not know anything and I have that on the authority of a CC comment.

The CDC is just a bunch of research scientists and MDs.  What do they know?  Listen to me.  I'm better qualified because I post to CC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not speaking to anyone in paticular, but I don't trust the CDC or Fauci. First the masks were going to save us . Then distancing was the key I believe the good Dr said 3 ft is enough now, they back tracked on that also.. Then vaccines,  they don't know  how long these vaccines work for, They have no clue what they are doing. Now we have people coming into the country with covid and just let go to where ever they want. after all the sacrifices we went through to stop covid. I have no faith in any of them. You do what you think is best for you.

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Of you  CC experts who poo poo the medical community because of their stupidity, 

I would ask you what your qualifications are.  How many college level courses in the biological sciences have you had?  Have you ever had a course in logic, statistical

analysis, critical thinking, etc.?  If you have qualifications that exceed the PhD, or M.D.

level,  please step forward and share your profound knowledge with us and show us that the CDC, Dr. Fauci, etc. really don't know what they are talking about.

You appear to be clueless and yet you espouse your nonsense as if it were fact.

Step forward and tell us how you are better qualified than the extremely well educated 

medical community.  I and others would certainly like to hear from a 'real' expert such as you who know much more.

• Like 5

Vaccine roll-out is (finally) accelerating in Ontario where the AstraZeneca vaccine is now available to 60 to 64 years old in some pharmacies and mRNA vaccines are being used in vaccination clinics for older groups. I got my first shot of the AZ vaccine. In Quebec they are vaccinating 65+ in Montreal and 70+ elsewhere. All of my 70+ relatives in Quebec (and some 65+) have now had, or have appointments to have in the coming days, their first shot of the vaccine. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Of you  CC experts who poo poo the medical community because of their stupidity, 

I would ask you what your qualifications are.  How many college level courses in the biological sciences have you had?  Have you ever had a course in logic, statistical

analysis, critical thinking, etc.?  If you have qualifications that exceed the PhD, or M.D.

level,  please step forward and share your profound knowledge with us and show us that the CDC, Dr. Fauci, etc. really don't know what they are talking about.

You appear to be clueless and yet you espouse your nonsense as if it were fact.

Step forward and tell us how you are better qualified than the extremely well educated 

medical community.  I and others would certainly like to hear from a 'real' expert such as you who know much more.

My daughter is an Epidemologist.  She is currently off Facebook as encountering the gross ignorance of posters was truly offensive to her.  It is truly sad that it has become fashionable in some circles to discredit science.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Not speaking to anyone in paticular, but I don't trust the CDC or Fauci. First the masks were going to save us . Then distancing was the key I believe the good Dr said 3 ft is enough now, they back tracked on that also.. Then vaccines,  they don't know  how long these vaccines work for, They have no clue what they are doing. Now we have people coming into the country with covid and just let go to where ever they want. after all the sacrifices we went through to stop covid. I have no faith in any of them. You do what you think is best for you.

First of all, masks and distancing were never discrete and therefore went hand in hand. The 3 foot distancing was just a recent change recommended for schools, not the general public and was no doubt based on available data. I have no idea where you came up with the conclusion that the country is being invaded by Covid infected foreigners. You can have your beliefs, but not your own facts. I trust Dr. Fauci and the CDC, not social media and questionable "experts" with no credentials.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

What many people forget is that this is a NEW virus, therefore, what the scientists, MDs, CDC, Fauci, and epidemiologists know changes daily depending on what recent science and studies show. Remember when it was all respiratory? Now it's not. The scientists and researchers are learning as they go.  So the vaccines are only good for 90 or so days? That's because that's how old the oldest doses are. I expect that number to increase every month.

And I don't have a Phd or MD, but I do have three nursing degrees (through Masters) and have had biology, statistics, and critical thinking. I've been in the OR for 30+ years and I have an idea how viruses and masks and distancing work. I've spent most of the last year at home and have done my part to reduce the spread of the virus. 

8 hours ago, Nashna said:

My daughter is an Epidemologist.  She is currently off Facebook as encountering the gross ignorance of posters was truly offensive to her.  It is truly sad that it has become fashionable in some circles to discredit science.

I'm so sorry your daughter is having to deal with this. Even some of my coworkers are acting like this and they *should* know better.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

What many people forget is that this is a NEW virus, therefore, what the scientists, MDs, CDC, Fauci, and epidemiologists know changes daily depending on what recent science and studies show. Remember when it was all respiratory? Now it's not. The scientists and researchers are learning as they go.  So the vaccines are only good for 90 or so days? That's because that's how old the oldest doses are. I expect that number to increase every month.

And I don't have a Phd or MD, but I do have three nursing degrees (through Masters) and have had biology, statistics, and critical thinking. I've been in the OR for 30+ years and I have an idea how viruses and masks and distancing work. I've spent most of the last year at home and have done my part to reduce the spread of the virus. 

I'm so sorry your daughter is having to deal with this. Even some of my coworkers are acting like this and they *should* know better.

Thank you.  She actually went to China during the first SARS epidemic.  It truly saddens me to see the dialog in our country today that is so anti-science.  This misinformation can't help while we are trying to defeat a pandemic.  The recent National Intelligence report that stated that many of this misinformation originated from Russian bots should make everone concerned.  

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 4:07 PM, 1980dory said:

Good answer! 

I've been vaccinated twice and I still wear a mask.  So where does that put me?

Gross generalizations only  though, because the CDC does not know anything and I have that on the authority of a CC comment.

The CDC is just a bunch of research scientists and MDs.  What do they know?  Listen to me.  I'm better qualified because I post to CC.

Same here...I still wear a mask and I have had covid and I have the vaccine.

After two vaccinations, even if it wasn’t a state mandate I’d still be wearing a mask just for peace of mind.  I’ve worked hard to keep myself and family safe, and realize I’m distrustful and a bit miffed when I see others who are maskless in public as I have no way of knowing if they’ve been vaccinated, but do know they are ignoring current CDC guidance and state requirements.

• Like 1

There was a long line outside of a local bar yesterday. They were allowed 25% occupancy. There was a sign saying masks were required while standing in line to get in but the long line of young people waiting to get in weren't masked and were all standing right next to each other. The local news covered it and asked why they weren't wearing masks. The most common response was that they had a mask in their pocket but were outside so didn't see a reason to wear it. I'm guessing we're looking at another surge due to idiots.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

There was a long line outside of a local bar yesterday. They were allowed 25% occupancy. There was a sign saying masks were required while standing in line to get in but the long line of young people waiting to get in weren't masked and were all standing right next to each other. The local news covered it and asked why they weren't wearing masks. The most common response was that they had a mask in their pocket but were outside so didn't see a reason to wear it. I'm guessing we're looking at another surge due to idiots.

Actually they were all the CC posters who are smarter than the entire medical community.

Give 'em a break.  They are 'entitled' to their ignorance and don't have to listen to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1980dory said:

Actually they were all the CC posters who are smarter than the entire medical community.

Give 'em a break.  They are 'entitled' to their ignorance and don't have to listen to anyone.

Just think of this some of them may be the future leaders of America. God help my Grand children.

I probably will be in the concrete condo before that happens. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Just think of this some of them may be the future leaders of America. God help my Grand children.

I probably will be in the concrete condo before that happens. 😁

Tony

Future leaders?  FUTURE LEADERS?  What makes you think they are not "leading" already?

Looks like cruise lines are taking matters into their own hands...

It’s time to dust off your passports. We’re welcoming guests back on board Adventure of the Seas this June with 7-night getaways from Nassau, Bahamas, featuring a two day stop at Perfect Day at CocoCay, and visits to Cozumel and Grand Bahama Island. Learn more at: https://*****/3lwRkAx
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Future leaders?  FUTURE LEADERS?  What makes you think they are not "leading" already?

Hi 1980dory,

I have no answer to that one. Because your probably right. 😳😁

Tony

Heading out shortly to visit our son, his wife, and our second youngest granddaughter in Burnt Ranch. They don't have a spare bedroom so we will take our teardrop trailer and sleep in it. We may get a bit of snow but, even though the trailer is unheated, we will sleep snugly. We've camped in cold weather a number of times and it will be fine. We've had our vaccinations and so has our son. He, his wife, and our granddaughter also had COVID way back in the January before anybody had really heard of it. She had the full loss of smell and taste and the doctors at that time were stumped. They were starting to investigate a possible brain tumor but then the whole virus thing came to light. Who would have thought finding out one had COVID would be a relief?

We've been looking forward to a time when we could visit and it's finally arrived. I bought two big racks of baby back ribs to take along. Aubrey (our daughter in law) is the "Traeger Queen". She loves her Traeger so I asked if she'd cook for us if I brought the ribs.  We're also delivering 3 cases of wine they ordered. We saved them a ton on shipping costs but will "tax" the wine while we are there. 😁

• Like 4

How wonderful to spend time with your kiddos and their family Thrak - all that plus a camp-out.  Nice!  I was talking with a cousin up in Castle Rock (about 35 miles north of here on the road to Denver) and we'll be scheduling an afternoon out on their deck at the end of April - maskless since we'll all have long-passed our 2 week post-vaccine period.  Can't wait!   I've scheduled a hair-cut when I'm in Denver early April, which will be my first cut in over a year.  Phil just got 6" chopped off as the last time he had a hair cut was last summer, and he's a happy chap indeed.  Feels like things are getting back to a less crazy existence.  YAY!

Unfortunately our COVID positive numbers here in the county have nearly doubled to the 220's in the last two days and our positivity rate is back over 5%... not good if it's a trend, since two of the new variants are present.  I'll be interested to see if our leadership decides to continue opening up or holds things in check for just a bit longer.  Vaccine clinics are going gangbusters with the State now operating some of the big events in our area, with hospitals and store pharmacies still pushing forward as well and the next level of qualified recipients getting in line.  Progress!