PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

7 hours ago, nini said:

Thank you. They were able to go home today. Barring any reasons to keep them there, they are trying to send mama and baby home within 24 hours of check in, due to Covid. Well, that was a bit tough since baby was born 22 hours after check in. At least this is our daughter's 2nd baby and is not a newbie mom.

Congrats on your new bundle of joy @nini!!!!

On the home front, Marj got her second Moderna shot yesterday and is feeling yucky today, so Nurse Doug is on duty today. She wouldn't take advantage of me, would she?

We had our gardens mulched and we are more than ready to start planting our flower and veggie gardens, but only lettuce and broccoli for a few more weeks.

No word yet on my biopsy, seeing the urologist next Thursday for results and next steps.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

• Like 3

On 4/9/2021 at 1:58 AM, nini said:

New Grandson safely arrived this morning around 7:00 am.It was a bit touch and go due to a rare "cord insertion" issue that could not be detected during pregnancy. Our daughter had a great medical team plus hubby.Phew! Now I can get some sleep tonight!

Congratulations Grandma Nini 
BTW Anthony is a great name for a boy 😁 😁

Anthony

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all of my Cruise Critic friends,

At this time I’m not doing well at all. Two of my very good friends husband & wife just died from the virus. 
They both got sick at the same time and went to the same hospital and died the same day within hours of each other. I feel awful at this time.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

Tony, I am so sad for your loss. 😥  I'm sure you brought a lot of fun and laughter to their lives, like you do for all of us.  

8 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Congrats on your new bundle of joy @nini!!!!

On the home front, Marj got her second Moderna shot yesterday and is feeling yucky today, so Nurse Doug is on duty today. She wouldn't take advantage of me, would she?

We had our gardens mulched and we are more than ready to start planting our flower and veggie gardens, but only lettuce and broccoli for a few more weeks.

No word yet on my biopsy, seeing the urologist next Thursday for results and next steps.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Doug, I know from experience that bad news usually travels fast, so if you have heard nothing about the biopsy, that is probably a good sign. Keep us posted.  It is so nice to have a virtual community caring about people we have not ever met!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Congratulations Grandma Nini 
BTW Anthony is a great name for a boy 😁 😁

Anthony

You are absolutely correct about the name , Anthony! However, my apologies, our daughter tends to be a bit stubborn and I could not convince her and that is not what they chose.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nini said:

You are absolutely correct about the name , Anthony! However, my apologies, our daughter tends to be a bit stubborn and I could not convince her and that is not what they chose.

Thanks for trying Nini . I’m sure she will pick a great name for him. Maybe Tony 😀

BTW it was great in Boston today I think it was 70 degrees. 
Tony

It’s been a sombre couple of days since the passing of HRH Prince Philip here in the UK.

The TV and radio is full of stories about his life and loyal service to the Queen. He was a remarkable and unassuming man right to the end.

It will be interesting to see the public’s reaction to the return of the prodigal  grandson for the funeral. He could be in for a rough time as he has upset so many people with that unedifying interview.

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 4

On 4/11/2021 at 9:59 AM, Esprit said:

It’s been a sombre couple of days since the passing of HRH Prince Philip here in the UK.

The TV and radio is full of stories about his life and loyal service to the Queen. He was a remarkable and unassuming man right to the end.

It will be interesting to see the public’s reaction to the return of the prodigal  grandson for the funeral. He could be in for a rough time as he has upset so many people with that unedifying interview.

I am sorry he look like a wonderful man!

Wow! Major score here... When my wife brought in the mail there was an "extra" item. The mail person delivered my neighbor's $2,400 "incentive" check to my mailbox. Sweet! Free money!! NOT!!! My wife took it next door and handed it over. I can only wonder how many of these things went awry in the mail.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow! Major score here... When my wife brought in the mail there was an "extra" item. The mail person delivered my neighbor's $2,400 "incentive" check to my mailbox. Sweet! Free money!! NOT!!! My wife took it next door and handed it over. I can only wonder how many of these things went awry in the mail.

I got mine yesterday it belongs to me . Heard on the news a woman found over a million dollars in her bank account . Bank made a mistake she transfered the money bought a house and a car! Umm where i am from we just call it stealing lol She is in jail!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 2

The verdict is in: I have prostate cancer. I am having a couple of tests next week and pending the outcome of those  I will probably start daily radiation treatments sometime in May. The outcome not unexpected so zero shock factor. This too shall pass. 

Marj survived her second Moderna shot with fever the next day and general tiredness the next couple of days.

Have a great day and weekend!

• Like 1

That’s a tough bit of news Doug.  Even when it’s expected it’s still hard to get that confirmation.  Very best wishes to you and your family as you work through this.  Dream of your next cruise... (I’ve found it to be a useful distraction while getting zapped, and hope it works for you too!).

On 4/5/2021 at 3:57 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all of my Cruise Critic friends,

At this time I’m not doing well at all. Two of my very good friends husband & wife just died from the virus. 
They both got sick at the same time and went to the same hospital and died the same day within hours of each other. I feel awful at this time.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

Oh my...so very sorry for your loss.  Such a sad state of affairs...so scary.  Thoughts and prayers for their family and those who loved them.
Susan

3 hours ago, Doug R. said:

The verdict is in: I have prostate cancer. I am having a couple of tests next week and pending the outcome of those  I will probably start daily radiation treatments sometime in May. The outcome not unexpected so zero shock factor. This too shall pass. 

Marj survived her second Moderna shot with fever the next day and general tiredness the next couple of days.

So sorry for the bad news, Doug.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.  Good thoughts going your way that the radiation is not too too bad and that you have a full recovery.
Susan and Chuck

Edited by suzyed

On 4/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, Reader0108598 said:

I uderstand but the news makes it sound like we can get a vaccine at the drop of the hat!

We were lucky..we did get it at the drop of a hat back in January(first shot) and second was February 9th.  Everyone I know who wants one has been able to get the shot or already has an appointment for it.
Keep trying and hope you get it soon!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Hi Doug R.,

That news Sucks.

Just remember everyone at Cruise Critic will be hoping and praying for the best for you.

Get well soon  Doug 🙏🏻
Tony

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Best of luck to you. My wife's uncle got the same diagnosis about 15 years ago. He's going strong today. He didn't enjoy the journey but he came out the other side just fine. You will have "up" days and you will have "down" days. Try to keep the end result you want in mind. Easier to say than to do but a positive attitude is much better than the opposite. You have to know everybody here is pulling for you to have the easiest possible experience.

• Like 5

Starting to gather up stuff for our upcoming camping trip. All of our cruises were cancelled and we weren't able to do camping trips either due to the stoooooooooopid virus. Either people weren't allowed to visit places or the campgrounds were all closed or both.

My wife plans our camping trips. I know I've posted here before that she "collects" US National Parks. Some of them - National Park of American Samoa, Virgin Islands National Park,  Haleakala National Park in Hawaii, and Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii - we got while cruising. We also got Denali National Park (the first time) on a Princess cruise tour. (We've been there multiple times.) We did visit Kenai Fjords National Park on a Princess cruise tour as well but had already been there previously on a 7 week camping trip.

I "think" we have previously visited 35 of the US National Parks. On the upcoming trip we will revisit one and also hit 5 US National Parks we haven't visited in the past. We'll pick up the one left in Utah that we haven't visited and 4 others in Colorado. We will also revisit Great Basin National Park in Nevada along the way.

They keep adding more US National Parks making it harder to get "ahead" on the list. One that is somewhat controversial is Gateway Arch National Park. It's the arches in St. Louis and is a "national park" that is mostly made up of 90 acres of concrete. Really? This has equal status with Denali, Yellowstone, and Yosemite??? Politics. Plain and simple. Politics. BAH!

However, we will keep on "collecting" more of the US National Parks. There are a couple in Florida we would have collected by now as ancillary items to cruising but cruising was cancelled so we haven't made it to them - yet. We will get there though.

We are soooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to taking our little teardrop trailer on the road again. We are anticipating 5 - 6 weeks for this trip. If everything works out we should be leaving in 19 days. No time at all yet a long time.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

My wife plans our camping trips. I know I've posted here before that she "collects" US National Parks. Some of them - National Park of American Samoa, Virgin Islands National Park,  Haleakala National Park in Hawaii, and Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii - we got while cruising.

That's good.  I think it would be very hard to tow your trailer to some of those...

• Haha 1