PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

On 4/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, voljeep said:

"Some Things Never Change"

get up, shower, coffee, check emails, respond, check online banking, check stocks ( well, quit that for now )

all well, and safe, did the 2nd Instacart/Publix order... and again, of course, there was an alcohol delivery fee added ...

to lighten things up a little - Florida Governor declared WWE ( yes wrestling ) as an "essential business" right there along with grocery stores and liquor stores … ain't America great ! 

"We believe it is now more important than ever to provide people with a diversion from these hard times," WWE said in a statement to CNN. "We are producing content on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance following appropriate guidelines while taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our performers and staff."

The state of Florida is currently under a "Safer at Home" order until April 30. It limits movement outside of homes to providing or getting essential services or carrying out essential activities.

"As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance," reads the WWE statement.

stay safe and peace out

about a year ago now ... solid decision made

but, back to today ... vaccinated , still wearing masks ... counting down the days to our Thanksgiving cruise , which replaces our Thanksgiving cruise from last year

If our cruise this year in November  2021 is somehow a no-go ... well, don't even want to go there

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

get vaccinated 🥃

let's get to that finish line 🏁

• Like 3

On 4/11/2021 at 9:59 AM, Esprit said:

It’s been a sombre couple of days since the passing of HRH Prince Philip here in the UK.

The TV and radio is full of stories about his life and loyal service to the Queen. He was a remarkable and unassuming man right to the end.

It will be interesting to see the public’s reaction to the return of the prodigal  grandson for the funeral. He could be in for a rough time as he has upset so many people with that unedifying interview.

He was very impressive without being ostentatious. Sorry for this loss.
And yes, thanks Oprah for adding another wrinkle to a bad situation.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 4:28 PM, suzyed said:

We were lucky..we did get it at the drop of a hat back in January(first shot) and second was February 9th.  Everyone I know who wants one has been able to get the shot or already has an appointment for it.
Keep trying and hope you get it soon!

Glad u got it 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, Doug R. said:

The verdict is in: I have prostate cancer. I am having a couple of tests next week and pending the outcome of those  I will probably start daily radiation treatments sometime in May. The outcome not unexpected so zero shock factor. This too shall pass. 

Marj survived her second Moderna shot with fever the next day and general tiredness the next couple of days.

Have a great day and weekend!

Had thyroid Cancer. Looking out for breast cancer. You got this Doug stay positive!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 10:35 AM, Doug R. said:

The verdict is in: I have prostate cancer. I am having a couple of tests next week and pending the outcome of those  I will probably start daily radiation treatments sometime in May. The outcome not unexpected so zero shock factor. This too shall pass. 

Marj survived her second Moderna shot with fever the next day and general tiredness the next couple of days.

PLEASE, Doug, be positive! My Father in law was diagnosed  with this in 2007. After radiation, he is still with us!  He is 96 years old!

• Like 5

On 4/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, Thrak said:

Starting to gather up stuff for our upcoming camping trip. All of our cruises were cancelled and we weren't able to do camping trips either due to the stoooooooooopid virus. Either people weren't allowed to visit places or the campgrounds were all closed or both.

My wife plans our camping trips. I know I've posted here before that she "collects" US National Parks. Some of them - National Park of American Samoa, Virgin Islands National Park,  Haleakala National Park in Hawaii, and Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii - we got while cruising. We also got Denali National Park (the first time) on a Princess cruise tour. (We've been there multiple times.) We did visit Kenai Fjords National Park on a Princess cruise tour as well but had already been there previously on a 7 week camping trip.

I "think" we have previously visited 35 of the US National Parks. On the upcoming trip we will revisit one and also hit 5 US National Parks we haven't visited in the past. We'll pick up the one left in Utah that we haven't visited and 4 others in Colorado. We will also revisit Great Basin National Park in Nevada along the way.

They keep adding more US National Parks making it harder to get "ahead" on the list. One that is somewhat controversial is Gateway Arch National Park. It's the arches in St. Louis and is a "national park" that is mostly made up of 90 acres of concrete. Really? This has equal status with Denali, Yellowstone, and Yosemite??? Politics. Plain and simple. Politics. BAH!

However, we will keep on "collecting" more of the US National Parks. There are a couple in Florida we would have collected by now as ancillary items to cruising but cruising was cancelled so we haven't made it to them - yet. We will get there though.

We are soooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to taking our little teardrop trailer on the road again. We are anticipating 5 - 6 weeks for this trip. If everything works out we should be leaving in 19 days. No time at all yet a long time.

Hi Thrak! We just left Valley of Fire Nevada State Park and  in the morning, will be headed to Canyonlands and Arches National Parks in Utah. We will only be away for nearly three weeks,  it is has been quite an adventure so far. We have done a bit of boondocking; some  good, some great! The road to Cedar Breaks National Monument was closed even though there was little snow. Utah is GOURGEOUS!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nini said:

Hi Thrak! We just left Valley of Fire Nevada State Park and  in the morning, will be headed to Canyonlands and Arches National Parks in Utah. We will only be away for nearly three weeks,  it is has been quite an adventure so far. We have done a bit of boondocking; some  good, some great! The road to Cedar Breaks National Monument was closed even though there was little snow. Utah is GOURGEOUS!

We loved Canyonlands but more so Arches.  Have a wonderful trip.

well, now I'm really bummed out.  been busy, which is very good, but just realized that we "should" be on day 2 ( at sea ) of our little 6 day cruise on the CB - Fort Lauderdale RT to include Roatan (4/20), followed by Belize, then Cozumel.

tonight is "formal picture night" in the Atrium ...

well, at least we now have a Thanksgiving cruise to look forward to ...

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

tonight is "formal picture night" in the Atrium ...

I’m already here come on down the party started. Where are you?

I’m sorry I couldn’t help myself 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

39EBCFF0-41C7-4E44-A2E1-C506EA1E007E.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 2

Coming in late on this but happy to be here just the same. It has been a tough year. The wife had both knees replaced last year. Both of us had Covid last fall. Both of us got our first shot last Monday. For me that first one was as the second is described. Yes, I was dog sick for three days.

Moving on to good news: If all goes as planned we will sail on the Caribbean in August. 

• Like 2

Tullman  -  Good luck with your second shot - did your wife have a robust immune response too (sounds more encouraging than feeling like being hit by a truck 😉)?    Nice to have a cruise to plan for - I’m envious of all you CC’rs who are dusting off your packing lists...

Funny story our first cruise many years ago  bought a gown went to the spa they made me look like a clown lol. If they put any more makeup on me i could have been in the circus lol. Can you tell I know nothing about makeup? Said to my husband why didn't you tell me after I saw the picture? Husband says did not want to hurt your feelings 😀 So that is why all the other guest were looking at me! Okay it is funny now! I'm leaving that photo for my son to give him a good laugh 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

On 4/19/2021 at 12:27 AM, nini said:

PLEASE, Doug, be positive! My Father in law was diagnosed  with this in 2007. After radiation, he is still with us!  He is 96 years old!

I am so positive that Marj and I booked our replacement cruise for March 30, 2022 aboard the Enchanted Princess for a 10 Day to the Southern Caribbean. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to add a bit of positive/good cancer news to the thread. You may recall that my cousin's 9 year-old son got to "Ring the bell" several months ago, after finishing 9 months of chemo and radiation. He has had a recent scan, and there is "No evidence of disease." He even needed a haircut a couple of weeks ago! His grandpa recently finished cancer treatment, as well. 

I have been cancer-free for 21 1/2 years, and "passed" my most recent screening last week. I get to have the joy of a colonoscopy next week, and I expect good news there as well. I'm two years younger than my dad was when he had colon cancer, and have been doing screenings since 2010. This one is overdue by nearly a year, due to Covid, but I'm not concerned. 

I'm very happy to hear the Doug is planning a cruise!

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I'd like to add a bit of positive/good cancer news to the thread. You may recall that my cousin's 9 year-old son got to "Ring the bell" several months ago, after finishing 9 months of chemo and radiation. He has had a recent scan, and there is "No evidence of disease." He even needed a haircut a couple of weeks ago! His grandpa recently finished cancer treatment, as well. 

I have been cancer-free for 21 1/2 years, and "passed" my most recent screening last week. I get to have the joy of a colonoscopy next week, and I expect good news there as well. I'm two years younger than my dad was when he had colon cancer, and have been doing screenings since 2010. This one is overdue by nearly a year, due to Covid, but I'm not concerned. 

I'm very happy to hear the Doug is planning a cruise!

So happy your family is doing well 🙂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Tullman  -  Good luck with your second shot - did your wife have a robust immune response too (sounds more encouraging than feeling like being hit by a truck 😉)?    Nice to have a cruise to plan for - I’m envious of all you CC’rs who are dusting off your packing lists...

Hi, she was tired with aching and some fever. I wouldn't allow her to get bad sick. Someone was needed to care for me.😉

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

That is a great picture!

Hi Reader,

Thank You. I like this Photo it’s one fo my favorites. You can get a copy at almost every Post Office 😁

See Photo.

BTW it was a great day in Boston today I think it was about 75 degrees and sunny 😎.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

0E7DB00C-5071-4B65-B66D-4F7AE0A9BC65.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/16/2021 at 2:35 AM, Doug R. said:

Sorry to read the outcome, even though not unexpected it still sucks and not anyone would want. Wishing you all the very best with your treatments and a speedy recovery. Have 2 family members who had prostrate cancer who have come out successfully on the other side and are still with us and living life to the max. They’re looking forward to their cruise in December 2021 to the South Pacific, swimming in the crystal blue ocean.  

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 10:35 AM, Doug R. said:

I am so sorry you have to go through this. My FIL had it about 14 years ago and did radiation. He just had his 96th birthday last month. Wishing you well!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:55 PM, nini said:

I am so sorry you have to go through this. My FIL had it about 14 years ago and did radiation. He just had his 96th birthday last month. Wishing you well!

Again, thanks to all for the good wishes. The bone and CT scans showed no evidence of metastatic cancer so it appears that radiation will be in order. I see the urologist on May 20th so I presume that radiation treatment will follow.

Time for the chores, starting with finishing the mowing of the back yard which has been postponed a few days due to weather and social commitments.

My wife thinks I am overdoing the planning for our upcoming cruise in March 2022. I have already made hotel reservations and am waiting to make air reservations on EZ Air.

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 5

It was a weekend up ups and downs. Being fully vaccinated has been a game changer for our family and friends, allowing for visits and hugs. However, we also learned that a retired detective my dad used to work with and a 24 year-old former fire explorer from the post PapaFej founded have died of Covid. The retired deputy was in his 70s. The explorer was 24: strong, healthy, athletic, and preparing to start the Fire Academy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@MamaFej  I am so sorry to hear this.  I have been hearing that younger people are catching it more frequently. 

Stay safe.  Stay well.

Thank you. This young man was healthy as could be. He had already passed a college fire academy and had been hired by a department and passed their very extensive physical. He was close to starting their academy when he contracted the virus. 

• Like 2