PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Well since Florida seems to be the only place they can go, the Spring Breakers have inundated Miami to a ridiculous degree!  So much so that the Mayor has put an 8 o'clock curfew in place.  Let's see how that goes!  Yikes!🤔😳

• Like 1

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSERY TO THIS THREAD !!! 🍻

Who would have ever thought 1 year ago this thread is still relevant with continued postings

want to waste a few (more) minutes - go back and read some of the first postings from a year ago

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

get vaccinated 🥼 if you plan on cruising again

• Like 2

I was looking at  threads for most of the other major cruiselines (ie., Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean etc) and was interested to see that at 65 pages of postings, Princess has the most active responses for this topic than the others whose moderators posed the question at the beginning of the Pandemic.  Not surprising as I've found Princess cruisers to be pretty engaged and participatory, but it's a startling difference.  I value this thread because it's a connection with fellow-cruisers, but also a glimpse into other areas.  Nice work, Princess cruisers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

I was looking at  threads for most of the other major cruiselines (ie., Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean etc) and was interested to see that at 65 pages of postings, Princess has the most active responses for this topic than the others whose moderators posed the question at the beginning of the Pandemic.  Not surprising as I've found Princess cruisers to be pretty engaged and participatory, but it's a startling difference.  I value this thread because it's a connection with fellow-cruisers, but also a glimpse into other areas.  Nice work, Princess cruisers!

"P&O Cruisers- What are things like in you are?" has 700 pages in the thread, 17500 replies and has 452000 views.

Wow!  I checked P&O before posting but didn't see the thread pinned at or near the top of the page and didn't hunt around any further.  700 would definitely take the prize for the most activity.  Impressive!

Edited by LoriPhil

9 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Wow!  I checked P&O before posting but didn't see the thread pinned at or near the top of the page and didn't hunt around any further.  700 would definitely take the prize for the most activity.  Impressive!

Some people over there have too much time on their hands and the thread got so tedious with birthday wishes and area weather forecasts. I give it a miss now. 

• Like 1

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

It’s looking like the better weather is on it’s way back to Boston happy happy. I am going to start getting

The Rowboat ready to go back in the water. I’m not going to take more then 4 friends out at a time and  only if they have been vaccinated. I think it’s better to be Safe then Sorry. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

D6B8B41C-4BE7-4B49-AF3A-21761CC8201B.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

It’s looking like the better weather is on it’s way back to Boston happy happy. I am going to start getting

The Rowboat ready to go back in the water. I’m not going to take more then 4 friends out at a time and  only if they have been vaccinated. I think it’s better to be Safe then Sorry. 

Tony

D6B8B41C-4BE7-4B49-AF3A-21761CC8201B.jpeg

OK, I'm on for the trip!  But who else is going and who is bringing the booze?

And Tony, thanks for the invitation.

15 hours ago, 1980dory said:

OK, I'm on for the trip!  But who else is going and who is bringing the booze?

And Tony, thanks for the invitation.

Hi 1980dory,

Jwattle, Thrak and Steelers may be on The Rowboat when you show up and other friends from Cruise Critic have an open invitation. BTW everything on the Rowboat is on me no need to bring anything.

I happy you got your 2 vaccination shots.

See Ya, 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat, 🚣🏼‍♂️

Tony

• Like 1

Got my first appointment to receive the first COVID vaccination 💉 in early April .... bring it on. Having a medical condition allows me to fall within Phase 1b, I never use my medical condition to my advantage but this time it helps.

• Like 5

Also, if you can, get yourself on as many "No Waste" lists as possible. That's how many folks are getting vaccinated. You may have to drop everything and run, you may even drop everything and run, then sit around to be sure that no higher-priority folks show up at the last minute, but you may just get your shot(s) sooner than expected. It's better than the doses getting thrown out!

If you do get your shot, be sure to call around and have your name removed from the lists. My son forgot to call one of the places where he was on the list, and they called him today to come in. He apologized for forgetting this particular list and explained that he's gotten his shot Monday, so they took him off and called the next person. He had already called the other 5 places. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Looks like Californians will be able to be vaccinated sooner rather than later. Over 50 in April 1 and 16 and over on April 15 

https://apple.news/A0HRXDvBsTy6Ibvzcdg3POg

I just heard this when I got home from work today. Things seem to be going much faster now which makes me extremely happy 🙂

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 5:51 AM, 1980dory said:

P.S.  Yes I have had both shots.

I've had both shots but I am still missing my third shot.  Tony, I prefer Jameson on the rocks (make it a double).  This is actually the most important shot!

Also Tony, how many lifejackets do you have on board?  You know we need one for each passenger on board and since there is an open invitation for all CC'ers, you may need a few hundred.  I hope you have considered this.  Remember, safety first!

Spring has definitely sprung here in South Jersey. Broke out the shorts and drove around with the top down. Visited a couple of garden centers to get our spring veggies for our garden. I felt secure enough now that I am fully vaccinated against Covid + 3 weeks to return to in-person mass for the first time in months (Catholics have a dispensation from attending mass in-person during the pandemic). 

With the return of Spring I find renewed hope that we are in the home stretch and can renew hope that cruising will return in the foreseeable future.

Have a great week all!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, donswife said:

The closest I can get to a cruise ship experience right now!  The Cannery Pier hotel in Astoria,  Oregon. 

20210328_155306.jpg

Great view.  Hope to get out there from Portland over the summer

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Great view.  Hope to get out there from Portland over the summer

We came over for 1 night little getaway from Vancouver...we are neighbors!. CPH is a splurge, but I'm enjoying seeing moving water right out  our window.  Nice little seating areas scattered around too.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:25 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980dory,

Jwattle, Thrak and Steelers may be on The Rowboat when you show up and other friends from Cruise Critic have an open invitation. BTW everything on the Rowboat is on me no need to bring anything.

I happy you gotyour 2 vaccination shots.

See Ya, 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat, 🚣🏼‍♂️

Tony

We had our 2nd shot on February 9th so we're good to go!  We have

lots of wine....happy to bring it along!

Edited by suzyed

I sure do miss this forum and cruising! I wish I had popped on here during the last year but it didn't occur to me. So nice to see the conversations were still happening. I was on a cruise in January 2020 but had no idea about the virus. They were taking everyone's temperature before initial boarding and I thought, wow, how thorough! haha!

My husband and I are fully vaccinated and can't wait to cruise again. I was on a cruise with family in 2020 so I did NOT choose the cruise line - and I sorely missed the wonderful Princess!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

We had our 2nd shot on February 9th so we're good to go!  We have

lots of wine....happy to bring it along!

Hi Suzyed leave that guy home that’s in the picture with you and come alone 😁.

Just kidding😁 your both welcome. BTW it’s raining like crazy in Boston right now.

Tony

Well as of 5pm today the greater Brisbane area has gone into a 3-day lockdown as there are a few COVID-19 cases in the community. This is to try to get on top of any further spread and encouraging the public to get tested, which people have turned up to be tested ... which is great 👍. Can now only leave our residences for only 4 reasons.