PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Virginia is now giving shots to those 65 and older, teachers, essential workers and continuing with health care workers.  13.3 percent of the states population is now vaccinnated and we are finally moving along nicely.  We were able to see our grandaughter last night for the first time in four months as our second shots are now effective. I finally see the possibility that we will get back to normal sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Nashna said:

Virginia is now giving shots to those 65 and older, teachers, essential workers and continuing with health care workers.  13.3 percent of the states population is now vaccinnated and we are finally moving along nicely.  We were able to see our grandaughter last night for the first time in four months as our second shots are now effective. I finally see the possibility that we will get back to normal sooner rather than later. 

Well i hope that is the the case but Facuci does not know. If that protects you or not! That's  what I heard out of his mouth this morning!

Edited by Reader0108598

On 2/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, memoak said:

Here in Oregon people 70 - 75 just became eligible for vaccine today. I was able to get a first shot set for March

Congrats on getting an appointment! Down here in Southern Oregon vaccine is still pretty scarce, so I can't schedule an appointment yet even though I'm now eligible.  They say patience is a virtue, right??

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rogueriver said:

Congrats on getting an appointment! Down here in Southern Oregon vaccine is still pretty scarce, so I can't schedule an appointment yet even though I'm now eligible.  They say patience is a virtue, right??

It took awhile even here in Portland. The website is not the most efficient I have ever used

Here in Silicon Valley 65+ has been able to register for the vax for a couple of weeks.   Many people I know in this age group, including me, have had first dose with second scheduled.    Some have even gotten both doses already.    Starting Feb 28th, appointments are open for educators.   So, we are moving along!    The more of us that get vaxxed, the fewer "hosts" for the virus to enter & mutate.

28 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

Here in Silicon Valley 65+ has been able to register for the vax for a couple of weeks.   Many people I know in this age group, including me, have had first dose with second scheduled.    Some have even gotten both doses already.    Starting Feb 28th, appointments are open for educators.   So, we are moving along!    The more of us that get vaxxed, the fewer "hosts" for the virus to enter & mutate.

Don't mean to disagree but, at least in Santa Clara County its out of control (in a real bad way). Starting March 15, 18 year old and up can be vaccinated if working in a bar or restaurant. I don't know why they think its OK to not vaccinate the 60-65 year olds with diabetes, COPD, and high blood pressure that work in assembly factories before 18 healthy people.... but only in California does this sound good idea to health leaders (shaking my head is discuss)! 

27 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Don't mean to disagree but, at least in Santa Clara County its out of control (in a real bad way). Starting March 15, 18 year old and up can be vaccinated if working in a bar or restaurant. I don't know why they think its OK to not vaccinate the 60-65 year olds with diabetes, COPD, and high blood pressure that work in assembly factories before 18 healthy people.... but only in California does this sound good idea to health leaders (shaking my head is discuss)! 

The vaccine shortages make these decisions difficult.   I don’t really envy the people who have to make them.   There still isn’t enough vaccines for all higher risk groups, let alone everyone who wants one.    Soon, I hope.  

46 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

That's great news for my daughter! Do you know where Sonoma County falls in?

so far, it seems it's county by county.   For us in Santa Clara County, starting Feb 28th, it's "educators, food service workers, and emergency personnel".  

I couldn't find a clear date for Sonoma County.   Seems to depend on supply, which is county by county.   But, getting teachers vaccinated seems to be key for getting schools fully opened (and I don't blame the teachers for wanting to get vaxxed!!), which everyone says they want schools open, so hopefully it will be soon in Sonoma County, too.   🙂

We've had both doses of Pfizer here in Northwest Ohio.  Husband is 73 and I'm 69.  No side effects.  Hope to get back to cruising before too many more months pass.

Our kids have been in school every day since August.  Doing well.  Of course, the sports teams have had to quarantine a couple times but all in all, its good.  They are together, enjoying athletic and music events.  Planning on prom and graduation this year.

Edited by Lemonslikethefruit
  • Like 1

We've also had our two doses of Pfizer with no side effects other than a slightly sore arm. It's been two weeks today so we are considered "fully vaccinated". We still wear masks in public as it is required in our area and think it's a good practice just to ensure everyone's safety. That being said; we are flying on a plane for the 1st time in well over a year when we board in mid-May to head out to Utah. Hoping that everyone else looking for a vaccine gets one soon and that we can slowly get back to a new normal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

My wife and I are going for our second Pfizer shot tomorrow 😁. We can’t wait to get this over with.

Just to feel a little safer it will be a big relief. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I'm so sad about the Major,  it is a nasty disease.  On the other side, so glad you two are getting your second dose. My daughter and I got ours because we work in a rehab center,  and my 80something parents got theirs, so we finally got to visit them for a few days!

• Like 3

My wife and I had our second vaccine two weeks ago here in southeast Florida.  The process was smooth and efficient thanks to our Governor and county officials.  Now we are one step closer to being able to sail again, which should be May 15th on the CB leaving Port Everglades for western Caribbean.

We haven't pack our bags yet for real,  but we have in our minds.  All this idle time has caused us to keep booking cruises for later this year and into next year.  We are so ready!!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grego said:

My wife and I had our second vaccine two weeks ago here in southeast Florida.  The process was smooth and efficient thanks to our Governor and county officials.  Now we are one step closer to being able to sail again, which should be May 15th on the CB leaving Port Everglades for western Caribbean.

We haven't pack our bags yet for real,  but we have in our minds.  All this idle time has caused us to keep booking cruises for later this year and into next year.  We are so ready!!!!!

We have booked three cruises and two land vacations in the last month.  We are vaccinated and raring to go.  Our first trip is scheduled for September 25th.   Just hoping that the new varients don't ruin our plans.  

• Like 1

Maybe it was the full moon or something last night but, this morning I was able to make my first appointment March 15 (we all know this can flip of a dime).

I was joking with my wife (she is doing her 2nd tomorrow) that California was waiting to get the low price/one shot/ lower efficiency/ vaccine approved first so we can give John that low grade stuff.....lol:)

Honestly, I would be honored to just have an opportunity to get a jab of any 3 of the vaccines. There are all good at eliminating death and personally, that is all I was hoping for.

We need more cowbell!

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 3

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

‘My wife and I both received the second Pfizer shot today at 1p.m. So far everything is great no problems and no pain at all. It only took as about 40 minutes because they make you stay for 15 minutes after the injection to make sure your OK. 
Tony

• Like 6

Here in Ontario they have done all the long term care home, seniors residence and priority health personnel. Now they are starting to vaccinate people 80 years old and above who live in their own homes (ie not in a residence). They will then vaccinate 75+ and so on reducing by 5 years every time they finish vaccinating a group until they get to the 60+. As Canada has just approved a 3rd vaccine, I hope Ontario will now acelerate its vaccination roll-out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ringers0815 said:

Here in Ontario they have done all the long term care home, seniors residence and priority health personnel. Now they are starting to vaccinate people 80 years old and above who live in their own homes (ie not in a residence). They will then vaccinate 75+ and so on reducing by 5 years every time they finish vaccinating a group until they get to the 60+. As Canada has just approved a 3rd vaccine, I hope Ontario will now acelerate its vaccination roll-out.

Residents 80 and over (and not residing in LTC or retirement homes) will only be able to  start making appointments  for vaccinations on or after March 15th in most of Ontario. The way our authorities have handled this pandemic  so far, I hope they step up and do a better job when setting up the vaccinations.

2 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

I hope they start BC soon...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

In the good old USA we are going to vaccinate illegals first ! who knows when my 73 year old husband or myself at 62 fit in. It's ok I will drag my oxgen tank behind when it is my turn!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

In the good old USA we are going to vaccinate illegals first ! who knows when my 73 year old husband or myself at 62 fit in. It's ok I will drag my oxgen tank behind when it is my turn!

Reader,

They're not 'illegals'.  They are 'undocumented immigrants'  The speech police told me so

and I certainly want to be politically correct.

• Haha 2