PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

On 11/3/2021 at 7:14 PM, Thrak said:

Just checked the California State vaccination record and I see that the booster has been added to our digital record. I downloaded the codes for both of us so we now have QR codes that reflect all three doses of the vaccine. Whether or not that is something "valuable" to have remains to be seen. I'd rather have it than not.

We did the same!    Better to have it than not, I guess.

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

I live in a mobile home park which I love! after two trees fell on mobile homes I was never so happy they took the pines down! Now I can sleep in my bedroom 🙂 Neighbor complains it is too hot now ! well who told you not to put in central AC! She has more money than I do! Replaced oil with gas got ac and a new roof Happy lady 🙂

My daughter lives in a manufactured home park (similar to mobile home except permanent foundations) and loves it too. Nice side yards (1 at 30' wide, other just 2')

2 kids are performing.  1 with SF Philharmonic 12/3/21. The other doing a California tour now getting ready for 40 cities in 60 days throughout the south in the new year. Needs a roadie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

My daughter lives in a manufactured home park (similar to mobile home except permanent foundations) and loves it too. Nice side yards (1 at 30' wide, other just 2')

2 kids are performing.  1 with SF Philharmonic 12/3/21. The other doing a California tour now getting ready for 40 cities in 60 days throughout the south in the new year. Needs a roadie

Yes I have a beautiful yard and a farm behind me 

Know  one crawling up my back! Best thing I ever did 🙂Congrats on the kids 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

47 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Yes I have a beautiful yard and a farm behind me 

Know  one crawling up my back! Best thing I ever did 🙂Congrats on the kids 🙂

Her area is 50 homes surrounded on 3 sides by a ranch & other side by a state park. There are some really nice ones out there 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Her area is 50 homes surrounded on 3 sides by a ranch & other side by a state park. There are some really nice ones out there 

We have 300 homes here I got lucky grabbed my place right after it went on the market! We have plenty of space 🙂Management does a great job!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

We had three cruises cancelled last year and have just booked June next year using 50% off credit we were given from the first one cancelled. We have booked the Land of The Midnight Sun cruise and hopefully it will happen. A second cruise in December and a third in March 2023. Is it wishful thinking. Are we all expecting to be able to cruise? Very few cabins left and the mini suite I reserved is above the Vista Bar. I am a little worried it will be noisy….anyone had emergence with D719?  I am interested in reading all the comments from people who have cruised post covid shutdown. Australia I still shut to international ships.flights are resuming now. Strange old works hey   Appreciate your thoughts 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:39 AM, phred119s said:

Things here are ok. No confirmed cases in our county, but most all of the counties around us have confirmed cases. Most church services went online last Sunday. I think all restaurants are takeout or delivery only. I read today they will begin allowing  alcohol with curbside meals (sealed containers of course).  Malls are closed. Schools closed as of last Monday for 2 weeks. (We will see...) The first few days of homeschool were brutal!!! We seem to have settled in our normal for the time being — homeschooling our 2nd grader and both of us working from home. We’ve seen our neighbors more in a week than the last couple of years. Many are out walking or riding bikes around the neighborhood. There have been quite a few front yard conversations when people are passing by. My child is very social so today while us parents were doing yard work she was perched in a tree looking for neighbors so she could say hi. She informed us that it was the bridge of her cruise ship. 😂

We are supposed to be sailing from Copenhagen on the Sky in July. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 

Did you sail on the Sky in July? We have just booked her for June next year. What are your thoughts on how they maintained covid safety! I am not too worried as we are vaxxed but it will be a different world with cruising now hey. 

• Like 1

Got notices regarding the FCD we had used for our cancelled B2B2B down under.  Princess finally removed the cancelled cruises from our personalizers and then, a few days later, they vanished from the app. The only issue was the $600 worth of FCD we had used for deposits. They vanished from our account. I gave it a few days to settle down and then yesterday I got 6 separate emails - each one saying I had received a $100 credit from Princess that was returned to my credit card.

Weird month. We put pretty much everything on the credit card and then I pay it off each month.Well... This month I paid it off as usual and then immediately got a $300 refund from the Willie Nelson concert that was cancelled. Now I've gotten $600 from Princess. It's very odd to have a credit card account with a -$900 balance. Guess I'll have to buy something. 😁

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Got notices regarding the FCD we had used for our cancelled B2B2B down under.  Princess finally removed the cancelled cruises from our personalizers and then, a few days later, they vanished from the app. The only issue was the $600 worth of FCD we had used for deposits. They vanished from our account. I gave it a few days to settle down and then yesterday I got 6 separate emails - each one saying I had received a $100 credit from Princess that was returned to my credit card.

Weird month. We put pretty much everything on the credit card and then I pay it off each month.Well... This month I paid it off as usual and then immediately got a $300 refund from the Willie Nelson concert that was cancelled. Now I've gotten $600 from Princess. It's very odd to have a credit card account with a -$900 balance. Guess I'll have to buy something. 😁

I also got a FCD refunded to my credit card after I canceled a cruise. I wish they had extended it instead...oh well, at least I got the original hundred back, but I would have bought a new one when I was on the Grand last month if I had known.

I also got my 2019 FCD refunded but my PVP managed to get the OBC associated with it put on my December cruise. So although the reduced deposit went away, the primary benefit (in a time when I'm swimming in FCC) did not 

9 hours ago, Micklest said:

Anyone out there just back from a cruise? Half full or more? Sailing Dec. 4 Regal 5-day Caribbean.

Was on the 5 day Grand to SF last week.  Less than 400 passengers and 820 crew.  Needless to say...service was awesome!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Micklest said:

Anyone out there just back from a cruise? Half full or more? Sailing Dec. 4 Regal 5-day Caribbean.

We took two Seabourn cruises in the last few months.  The first was in the Greek Islands on the Ovation (600 passenger capacity) where we had approximately 300 passengers.  That cruise was near perfection in all facets.  The 2nd cruise was on the Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean (it uses Barbados as the home port) which has a 450 passenger capacity.  On our cruises we had 127 passengers with a crew of about 360.  Simply amazing.  Having cruised on far more then 100 cruises over nearly 50 years these two cruises were truly the cruises of a lifetime.  We have an upcoming (end of the month) 20 day cruise on the Enchanted Princess and it will be interesting to see how easy we can adjust back to a mass market cruise line.   We are long time Princess fans (been Elite for decades) but Seabourn is a tough act to follow...for any line.

Hank

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We took two Seabourn cruises in the last few months.  The first was in the Greek Islands on the Ovation (600 passenger capacity) where we had approximately 300 passengers.  That cruise was near perfection in all facets.  The 2nd cruise was on the Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean (it uses Barbados as the home port) which has a 450 passenger capacity.  On our cruises we had 127 passengers with a crew of about 360.  Simply amazing.  Having cruised on far more then 100 cruises over nearly 50 years these two cruises were truly the cruises of a lifetime.  We have an upcoming (end of the month) 20 day cruise on the Enchanted Princess and it will be interesting to see how easy we can adjust back to a mass market cruise line.   We are long time Princess fans (been Elite for decades) but Seabourn is a tough act to follow...for any line.

Hank

Hank- You have been busy! Thank you for sharing your recent cruise experiences. What a lovely time!

13 minutes ago, nini said:

Hank- You have been busy! Thank you for sharing your recent cruise experiences. What a lovely time!

You have no idea :).  I did not even get into our Oceania cruise that we cancelled because of a major change in the cruise itinerary...including moving the debarkation port 1500 miles!

But DW and I have truly been on cloud 9 whenever we talk about those last two Seabourn cruises.  Even in normal times Seabourn is a very fine luxury line (perhaps the best of them all).  But when we took these two recent cruises we were blown away that Seabourn did not cut-back on anything given the few number of passengers.  All the dining options operated as normal, entertainment was as normal, the interaction with the senior officers (something that is common on Seabourn) was even more amazing then usual, and everyone (both passengers and crew) were so happy to be on the cruises that the overall atmosphere was absolutely delightful.   DW and I figure that this will never happen again because on future cruises there will be normal number of passengers.     Now we are very curious about what we will find on the Enchanted Princess.   Will it be the same Princess that we know well, or will COVID policies have a negative impact?  

Hank

Well, I finally got my wish for a cabin upgrade...even though it was at the Lone Fir Resort in Cougar, WA and not on a cruise ship! 😄

(The 1 bedroom + bunkbeds cabin we booked was full of bugs when we checked in, so they moved us to the 4 bedroom retreat cabin!).  Just 2 nights, but what a surprise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanksgiving came early for me as my follow up with the urologist revealed that I am in remission from prostate cancer! Such great news headed into the Thanksgiving holiday. 

For Thanksgiving we will be headed to our daughter's house in Pennsylvania, actually only a 40 minute ride. 

We live in a manufactured home park for over 55's. It is still a good place to live, but in the past few months we have had problems with illegal underage residents who are living in their parents or grandparents homes. That is not a problem if they are over 19 and pass a background check. Therein lies the problem, no background checks because they have criminal records. Now we have problems with drug dealing and the occasional raid by the sheriffs department enforcing a warrant.

Marking time until our March cruise on the Enchanted Princess.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving (for those outside of the USA, Happy regular Thursday 😁).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

Thanksgiving came early for me as my follow up with the urologist revealed that I am in remission from prostate cancer! Such great news headed into the Thanksgiving holiday. 

For Thanksgiving we will be headed to our daughter's house in Pennsylvania, actually only a 40 minute ride. 

We live in a manufactured home park for over 55's. It is still a good place to live, but in the past few months we have had problems with illegal underage residents who are living in their parents or grandparents homes. That is not a problem if they are over 19 and pass a background check. Therein lies the problem, no background checks because they have criminal records. Now we have problems with drug dealing and the occasional raid by the sheriffs department enforcing a warrant.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving (for those outside of the USA, Happy regular Thursday 😁).

Congrats!  Wonderful news!! You have much to be Thankful for!

Happy Turkey Day!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

Congrats!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doug R. said:

So happy to hear your wonderful news!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 10:42 AM, Doug R. said:

That is wonderful! 

congrats! makes me feel lucky I only took a shitter staples  to the head took what i had on my rolater. I lost. Hospital through me in bed and left me there fall risk! thanks ****.  At least I have a a strong seargent who could pick me up when i got home from the hospital. They want me to come for Thanksging umm no you guys have more stairs  than a cartoon. and the toilet reminds me of elementry school Well we got six containers of soup from the wonderful Dil

Happy Thanksging All! Nurse coming today to remove staples wish me luck!

Edited by Reader0108598

Turkey is in the fridge thawing nicely (unlike last year when it was still an ice-ball at this point).  Baked the pumpkin pie this morning so we’ll be chowing down on that for the next few days, and those last remaining slices will be breakfast on thanksgiving morning.  We’re always so full from our feasting that there’s no room to comfortably have desert, so this year we figured we’d start with desert first, and then get around to the main event on Thursday.  Ummmm, pie!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1