PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

13 hours ago, donswife said:

The only way I know how to delete cookies is by eating them! But CC is working on my phone again. 

Cookies is just another way to say history. On a phone, go to the 3 dots on the top right. It should be near the top of options .... 

20211025_090426.jpg

Anyone going through the pass (Marsh Creek Rd Brentwood  -> Clayton) be careful. Bolders in road and, as we all know, we're the last road in California to be cleared. Will go on NextDoor to see if we can get some of our trucks out there and get the bolders moved out of the roadway 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, nini said:

The wind is still howling. We saw that we lost the top of one of our birch trees. No damage to the house, self, or others. High tide was crazy yesterday; watched the waves crash high over the rocks.

Wind still blowing hard here in Oregon as well.  The trees are still upright but all their leaves are gone.  One day we had beautiful colors on the trees and now they are bare

45 minutes ago, memoak said:

Wind still blowing hard here in Oregon as well.  The trees are still upright but all their leaves are gone.  One day we had beautiful colors on the trees and now they are bare

Bummer! The leaves are so gorgeous there. We were there on the 14-15th and really enjoyed them by our daughter's house and Happy Valley area.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Cookies is just another way to say history. On a phone, go to the 3 dots on the top right. It should be near the top of options ....

Close but no cigar. Even using the Firefox built in "history erase" button you can see that they clearly make a differentiation between History and Cookies.

image.png.21d3a3a1baa6c261dc7388098d3d5990.png

image.png.6a094d6aaf9152ea56573ba9fd965126.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Close but no cigar. Even using the Firefox built in "history erase" button you can see that they clearly make a differentiation between History and Cookies.

image.png.21d3a3a1baa6c261dc7388098d3d5990.png

image.png.6a094d6aaf9152ea56573ba9fd965126.png

This is what I see once I go into History but if I just erase all history, that worksScreenshot_20211025-122300_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb6bc1f1e412aa1f2341412042709095.jpg

Edited by Ombud

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I just wanted you all know my wife and I received the third Pfizer shot last week.
No problems at all.

We went to CVS in and out in about 30 minutes. My appointment was 12:45 and Margie’s was 1:00 pm. the girl did both of us at the same time 😁

Stay Safe my friends!!!

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

This is what I see once I go into History but if I just erase all history, that works

@Thrak is correct.  History <> Cookies.  You can see you had two separate items listed.  The system indicates both, but checks off both as expecting what most users are looking to do.  History is a record of all the website pages you have visited.  Cookies are like settings or previous entries you have used in order to give a more personal experience next time you visit.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, donswife said:

How are you doing with the crazy weather?

It's weird. No rain in forever and then giant winds and rain. The rain was much needed but we could have done without the wind. There are trees and branches down in lots of places. A city street was blocked because an entire tree fell over and blocked the street completely. Another tree took out some power lines.

I was thinking things had calmed down but now the wind is whipping up again. I'm so glad we had our large backyard trees professionally cleaned up a couple of years ago. We have dead wood falling from the huge tree on one side of the yard but it's nothing significant. As for rain: We will gladly take any we can get.

• Like 1

Hi from downunder. 

How is cruising going in the north? W still don't have any cruises. There are a couple around Australia and a couple to New Zealand early next year. 

"They" say they are letting us out of the country from next week. Funny when we can't even travel within the country to different states. We get 2 cases and they shut down. 

have cruise credits and I rang today. They have been extended until De 2022 thank goodness. 

I would really like to do Hawaii home in October. 

Torn whether to book now or wait. The thing is, I think as soon as it definitely opens there will be an influx. Insurance may be an issue too. 

Crazy times! 

Edited by sayaguru

29 minutes ago, sayaguru said:

Hi from downunder. 

How is cruising going in the north? W still don't have any cruises. There are a couple around Australia and a couple to New Zealand early next year. 

"They" say they are letting us out of the country from next week. Funny when we can't even travel within the country to different states. We get 2 cases and they shut down. 

have cruise credits and I rang today. They have been extended until De 2022 thank goodness. 

I would really like to do Hawaii home in October. 

Torn whether to book now or wait. The thing is, I think as soon as it definitely opens there will be an influx. Insurance may be an issue too. 

Crazy times! 

Hi sayaguru,

Your so right about Crazy times. I hope you get to take your cruise soon. Good Luck 🤞 

Tony 

WOW...crazy weather here today in SE MA.  At one point this AM, 500,000+ power outages were reported.  After all the so-called hurricanes & tropical storms sailed by this way earlier in the season, we were hit last night & this morning with a good old-fashioned Nor'Easter, which has been the most powerful storm we've had here for a long time.

Thankfully we had a generator installed last Spring...kicked in at 5 am today.

So wish we were on a cruise right now....(sigh)

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 11:02 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Doug,

When you tell the girls about the 5 mile hike each way don’t forget to tell them it was UP Hill each way😁

I hope you feel better soon!!! 🤞

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

On 10/24/2021 at 6:39 AM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Not to mention the raging blizzard that was usually occurring at the time!  😄

Told the trio that was a picture of  me going to school.

snow hike.jpg

Edited by Doug R.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/23/2021 at 11:02 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Doug,

When you tell the girls about the 5 mile hike each way don’t forget to tell them it was UP Hill each way😁

I hope you feel better soon!!! 🤞

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

IN THE SNOW!!

• Haha 2

We both just got back from getting our Moderna Boosters. They added the shots onto the existing card and told us the info was being uploaded to the state. I'll wait a week or so and then check if it shows online. When that happens I'll snag an updated qr code for my phone.

Getting the booster was easy. CVS has online signups and I just showed up on time. I mentioned to the pharmacist that my wife was unable to get the same time slot (1:00 PM) and would have to come back at 4:00 for her shot. She was waiting for me in the car so the pharmacist said to just tell her to come on in and gave her the shot then. Sweet!

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

Got our Moderna boosters yesterday at CVS and except for sore arm, felt pretty good this morning.  Darn!  When I had chills after the second shot I thought great - it’s working!  Phil assures me that the Tylenol I took 13 hours prior to the shot was well worn off by then so no, it wouldn’t impact its effectiveness.  Poor Phil - must be tough living with a hypochondriac. ☺️.  Good tip on checking the state registry - will give it a few days and check it out.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, donswife said:

I got my Pfizer booster at work on Wednesday.  Most of us who got them were dragging on Thursday, but only one called off.  And of course my patients all wanted their therapy that day 😄 .

I go my Pifzer booster just after it got approved in Sept.  Both me and DH were fine except for a little sore arm

• Like 1

My good friend received both Pfizer vaccines last February. She contracted Covid last July. DH babied her and she could not figure out why the water he kept giving her tasted like water you would put in a hummingbird feeder. Her taste buds were very off for several weeks. She is good now... water tastes like water.

Just checked the California State vaccination record and I see that the booster has been added to our digital record. I downloaded the codes for both of us so we now have QR codes that reflect all three doses of the vaccine. Whether or not that is something "valuable" to have remains to be seen. I'd rather have it than not.

• Like 4

I just returned from the beautiful Majestic Princess (Calif Coastal & Ensenada Oct 22-29). We were treated so well by the Princess crew - our vacation was amazing. The ship is so clean and everyone is so helpful. Here is a short video of our bartender Ranier. Hollywood Pool Deck 17.  Ranier & Suo are fantastic! 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 4:28 PM, Thrak said:

It's weird. No rain in forever and then giant winds and rain. The rain was much needed but we could have done without the wind. There are trees and branches down in lots of places. A city street was blocked because an entire tree fell over and blocked the street completely. Another tree took out some power lines.

I was thinking things had calmed down but now the wind is whipping up again. I'm so glad we had our large backyard trees professionally cleaned up a couple of years ago. We have dead wood falling from the huge tree on one side of the yard but it's nothing significant. As for rain: We will gladly take any we can get.

I live in a mobile home park which I love! after two trees fell on mobile homes I was never so happy they took the pines down! Now I can sleep in my bedroom 🙂 Neighbor complains it is too hot now ! well who told you not to put in central AC! She has more money than I do! Replaced oil with gas got ac and a new roof Happy lady 🙂