Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am a Ketchup girl...find it next to the bananas.  😄 

Ketchup on fries is always my go to but sometimes I like to switch it up. Sometimes just ketchup, sometimes a mix of ketchup and yellow mustard, sometimes just balsamic vinegar and sometimes balsamic vinegar and ketchup. Oh yea then there's fry sauce. But always with salt and black pepper. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Ketchup on fries is always my go to but sometimes I like to switch it up. Sometimes just ketchup, sometimes a mix of ketchup and yellow mustard, sometimes just balsamic vinegar and sometimes balsamic vinegar and ketchup. Oh yea then there's fry sauce. But always with salt and black pepper. 

I tried dipping them in ranch dressing once...not bad!  😉 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Bob, I did not know about this at all.

It was a surprise to me also.  The only reason I know about it is because I'm subscribed to 51 Drones on YouTube.  It's apparently an outcome of a law passed by congress in 2018. 

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Bob, so is this required no matter the size of the drone?

I believe the answer is yes, but I'm not certain.  Drones that are less than 250 grams (e.g. the Mavic Mini at 249 grams 😉) do not need to be registered with the FAA, so it's possible that pilots of such drones do not need to take this training.  I'd do it anyway since 1) it's quick and easy, 2) it does have some useful info, and 3) it's good to have should you ever be challenged by a LEO who does not understand the difference.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone tried to make their own fish and chips?  Is it hard?  There is nowhere to get good fish and chips were we live.

Mine was a disaster! So I am just going to have to look at Graham's pictures or be satisfied with the one closer to home.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I never understood the fry dipping in mayo that happens in the states. 

I agree, that just sounds like fat on fat.  Ketchup is good, BBQ sauce is a nice change.

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The 4th of July burger:

OMG. Looks great if you could actually fit in your mouth. Yes heart attack on a plate. I plan on grilling a wagyu burger tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Brunswick GA or Brunswick ME?  

I am fixing crab rolls right now (my favorite Jonah Crabs).   I had to order two containers yesterday when we picked up our live lobster to have them stashed them away in the back since they fly out of there quickly.  They were cooking and picking the meat last night.  Picked them up from our lobster pound this morning after a run to the Farmer's Market.  

Two upset, uptight ladies came in while I was picking them up...stuck their noses in the cooler display behind me and loudly proclaimed "I don't see any crab!!!"  I silently slunk out of there with my two containers.  😉 

Once again, using the small sub rolls that I "shaved".  

Bucky stayed here tending to his homemade spaghetti sauce he simmers it half the day.  Spaghetti dinner tonight!  🙂  

Shaw’s in Brunswick Me. If you drive north on US1 from Portland, you pass the Cook’s Corner exit. 24 goes south but feels like east, into Casco Bay. It crosses Great Island, then Orrs Island, over the crib stone bridge onto Bailey’s, and on to Land’s End. Lots of family ashes have been scattered at Land’s End. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

Aww...that's so nice of you to say so! 😊

I always get worried that I am boring the crap out of everyone with my rattling on.  😮 

Nope, traveling vicariously beats not traveling at all. I have thoroughly enjoyed your Maine vacation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just watched the latest STCG video.  Heart attack on a plate, that is if you can get a bite into your mouth.  The 4th of July burger:

I watched this one last night… just a double would have been enough, with maybe the rib meat at most for me. 

• Like 1

Not much of a fan of the vinegar on the fish...though I do love Vinegar.   Will use it though if I find the serving is fishy at all.  Fishy fish...not nice.  😜

We had  a somewhat weird friend who opened a combination seafood market and takeout pizza place. 
I asked about the fishy smell that might turn people off on the pizza. 
He said that if seafood has any odor it isn’t fresh. 
His combo place did very well, and his seafood really did not smell. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ATG said:

I agree, that just sounds like fat on fat.  Ketchup is good, BBQ sauce is a nice change.

My local bbq place has a mustard based sauce that I pour on my fries. My husband can’t stand the thought of it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think sometimes television series just don't know when to call it quits. Comedy series can get away with going on forever but a drama series which is story, needs to have a beginning, middle and end. I even thought "Lost" could of been 3 seasons instead of 6.

Lost,in my opinion could have been a 2 hour movie and not 6 seasons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I also like them with a thick blue cheese dressing with lots of blue cheese crumbled on top. 

There is a place down in the Keys that used to serve their homemade thick cut potato chips topped with blue cheese, bacon, and chopped green onions.  Oh yeah!  😉 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Aww...that's so nice of you to say so! 😊

I always get worried that I am boring the crap out of everyone with my rattling on.  😮 

It's always nice to hear what you have to say.

We are all friends on here and hopefully we all respect and appreciate our friends posts 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We had  a somewhat weird friend who opened a combination seafood market and takeout pizza place. 
I asked about the fishy smell that might turn people off on the pizza. 
He said that if seafood has any odor it isn’t fresh. 
His combo place did very well, and his seafood really did not smell. 

Exactly it.  Fresh seafood should smell like fresh ocean water.  Fishy smell...too old.  Blah..total turn off for me.  😜 

And frozen is not the opposite of fresh either.  As long as they freeze it immediately, and use it as soon as it is defrosted...not a problem.  It's the stuff that sits out more than 2 days (fresh or defrosted) that gets yuck!  😮 

• Like 1