Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If you walk, you can see some of the interesting places like The Adult Toy Box. 

28785D99-65AA-469D-84BC-B6BA018E6B3C.thumb.jpeg.5b9bd8230032ae39b0bbb38ceac8fb7e.jpeg

I’d be curious if Xtreme Car Rental is connected to the Toy Box. Better check the seat before you sit in it, or grab a hand brake. 😂

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Often, around here, all the rules in the Highway Traffic Act are unilterally suspended by drivers when they head out into the snow.  First thing to not do.... clean the snow off the windshield.

We had someone on my street come flying down the street way to fast in a storm a couple of years ago.  Mind you, we live on a very residential cul de sac where there is no posted speed limit but 20-25 mph is what it should be posted.  This guy had cleared a tiny square on his windshield to see out and left the rest of the car covered.  He didn't see that he was at the small bend in the road, hit the curb, ran over my neighbors mailbox across the street and then managed to total TWO cars in their driveway!  One of my neighbors had carpooled to work because he had just bought his first car and left it home to be safe. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yup, Armageddon is coming!  We are finally getting measurable snow in New England and people are losing their minds!  I made the mistake of going to the grocery store today like I do every Thursday.  Big mistake!  

We are expecting the largest snowfall of the year in my part of NY.Schools will be closed tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are expecting the largest snowfall of the year in my part of NY.Schools will be closed tomorrow.

So are we in MA.  Schools already closed for tomorrow.  No need for people to freak out though, if you live in New England, you should own a shovel already!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While watching Amazing Race last night I thought up a new series that I think would be cool.  Amazing Cruise!  Have a cruise that stops at about 14 ports.  They get off and compete at each port.  To get their first clue at each port, blindfold them and have them take a bite of food. They would have to figure out where it was prepared and go to that dining area to find there first clue.  The rest would be at the port.

Not the same thing, but I've read about an Amazing Race excursion in Cozumel.  Looks interesting.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

There's a thriller mystery series on at the moment called 'The Tourist' . Its set in the Australian outback. Its very good 👍 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b6c8t6

Looks like something that we'd like.  I'll have to see if I can watch it in the US somehow.

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our dog Max and his floofy tail not observing social distancing..,.

FC579A7B-78C1-4060-8829-D4147E82F8F4.jpeg

I love it when big dogs think that they are still lap dogs.  😁

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We walked the boardwalk, but ended up at the BBB.  

8B4B4F57-C224-44A4-8813-BE2F67092DE1.thumb.jpeg.b5e6c97ef53018e87a84b8db6b1ee918.jpeg

It seemed like a day for initials, so I had a BBC at the BBB.  

D40C33AE-70C4-4CA9-8DEE-48676115CC0C.thumb.jpeg.4db87084c322d14b98b7e38cf894e13e.jpeg

It went well with a jerk chicken flatbread. 

AA70134A-4DF5-4FFD-B818-5FAA315534A7.thumb.jpeg.c40a1c053f76aa1169bb40de0cb0414c.jpeg

Great choices in location, drink and food!  I like their jerk chicken flatbread.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We walked the boardwalk, but ended up at the BBB.  

8B4B4F57-C224-44A4-8813-BE2F67092DE1.thumb.jpeg.b5e6c97ef53018e87a84b8db6b1ee918.jpeg

It seemed like a day for initials, so I had a BBC at the BBB.  

But then it was time to return to the ship, before we became a pier runner.  And here is my artistic impression of pier runners for our two ships today. 

FCEC2809-A6DC-4242-9047-FD6453CEE733.thumb.jpeg.4ba3c41af56d439c9e9c0dd244b5ae7e.jpeg

I love the BBB. I love your artwork.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yup, Armageddon is coming!  We are finally getting measurable snow in New England and people are losing their minds!  I made the mistake of going to the grocery store today like I do every Thursday.  Big mistake!  

I'm just hoping to get office hours in tomorrow morning. The school district has already closed for tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That's funny, you stopped at the grocery store and I stopped at the liquor store.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Snow storm coming here tomorrow. it's giving me anxiety today.😏

and yet, my grandsons are all pretty excited about it!!  We hardly get any snow in Forked River, and when it snowed there the other day, they had a great and fun-filled day, and it looks like they will be having another snow day!  

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

The DH is all better.

Waiting for clearance to go back to work.

(I am too🙄)

Glad your DH is all better, Sue!

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There are several "deserving" contestants this season...the guys on the French train, the guy who was wrongly imprisoned for 10 years, the couple that took the underprivileged black teenager into their family (who is now attending one of the military academies), and the couple that runs the after-school center for kids in a dangerous urban area (although I don't think they'll be able to keep up physically).  I've noticed on shows like this that more and more contestants are some sort of online personality.  The new economy I guess.

We missed the first half hour of the show;  I was on CC, when, I think it was reallyitsmema, mentioned that the Amazing Race was on.  Thank you for that, mema!!

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What is this snow and cold temperatures people complain about.  We will be in St. Martin in about an hour.  

D0A9BAA9-66B6-4138-B91A-87B2D93F4F8D.thumb.jpeg.189cef535134a98de86136173bdee061.jpeg

A8E7D9AA-1035-4185-AAA1-BAC884B55730.thumb.jpeg.5ba7686faeddd19ade2e5d77b97f6388.jpeg

By the way, it is 19° back home, so I will not be in a hurry to go back, whenever that may be. 

Loving your sunrise pictures, Mark!  Enjoy your sun and tropical temperatures!!!

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

But with 6 inches of snow in the forecast & cold weather ensuring the snow will be around for awhile, I'll be taking them down today. 

Our daughter and grandsons took down all of the outdoor decorations yesterday, for the same reason that you were taking them down.

How are you feeling??

9 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I am always amazed that anyone who can’t run, swim, drive a stick shift, try exotic foods or is afraid of heights goes on The Amazing Race. 

I totally agree with you, Mimi!

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The funniest part of that show was Harvey Korman trying to keep a straight face, especially when Tim Conway was doing something.  That entire cast was great.

Tim Conway playing the dentist with Harvey Korman as the patient!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our dog Max and his floofy tail not observing social distancing..,.

FC579A7B-78C1-4060-8829-D4147E82F8F4.jpeg

Too funny!

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take care and stay safe 😷.

3505D829-0952-4A47-979B-A74644077732.jpeg.77fe5a982dd8f77e834b252972f5d39f.jpeg

Love it!

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That tragedy is still haunting me... For every little thing, you need a license... Not for parenthood 😠

+1😢

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I couldn’t walk on the pool deck without looking over at the windows. I never dreamed anyone could be so unthinking!

No words.😢

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You forgot to add rear window, roof and hood too. 

True story..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We missed the first half hour of the show;  I was on CC, when, I think it was reallyitsmema, mentioned that the Amazing Race was on.  Thank you for that, mema!!

We missed the first 15 minutes.  The cable box froze.  We missed most of he intro of the players.

31 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our daughter and grandsons took down all of the outdoor decorations yesterday, for the same reason that you were taking them down.

How are you feeling??

Mostly good. I actually went the entire day without taking any meds, finally realized that around 6 or 7 pm tonight and have been coughing ever since. lol

The only "issues" I'm having is no sense of smell and fatigue. 'Ive been sleeping 10-11 hours a night whereas 6 hours is more normal. Or maybe it's just the 10 day Texas road-trip & holiday madness finally caught up. I've had run-of-the-mill colds that were worse.

Thank you for asking

• Like 8

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I am always amazed that anyone who can’t run, swim, drive a stick shift, try exotic foods or is afraid of heights goes on The Amazing Race.

I've always said I'd love to go on a show like The Amazing Race or Survivor and be the first person eliminated.

Why? Because you can't go home right away until filming of the show is finished. Which is usually 30 or so days. So the network puts you up in some fancy resort, all expenses paid for a month.

I'd gladly eat a bug and sleep in the rain for a day or two for that!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot recall the last time I shoveled snow .

My snowblower is all gassed up and ready for action. Started on the first pull , which is a rarity for first time of the season.

But, it looks like the storm is tracking south of me (towards your way), revised forecast is now 1-3 inches.  I can just sweep that aside with a broom.  bummer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2