Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie was supposed to see Sinatra in Vegas, along with a meet and greet.  He had a very high roller friend!  Anyway, that was when Sinatra’s mom was killed in the plane crash.  They ended up seeing Sammy Davis instead.  On another note, my friend who was not a fan, saw him in AC.  She said she could believe the electricity in the room when he came out to perform!

Sinatra was amazing you would see the orchestra behind him was in awe . First time I took my wife to see him it was supposed to be Sinatra, Sammy Davis and Dean Martin, but Martin canceled and they replaced him with Liza Minnelli, it was a great concert but I never had the chance to hear Dean Martin live.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, George C said:

Sinatra was amazing you would see the orchestra behind him was in awe . First time I took my wife to see him it was supposed to be Sinatra, Sammy Davis and Dean Martin, but Martin canceled and they replaced him with Liza Minnelli, it was a great concert but I never had the chance to hear Dean Martin live.

My cousin,the singer Marilyn Michael’s believes that Sinatra is the best male entertainer of all time.Her female in the category is Barbra Streisand.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations on bringing home the Gold!!!!😁  I love Motown!

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We got a nice surprise today. We found out that the day we get back from our cruise this month some friends we haven’t seen in forever will be arriving. We will all be headed to Key West that day. 🥂 

How great to spend time with your dear friends;  and in beautiful Key West!

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Port Canaveral 

20220109_162758.thumb.jpg.5e73c990f0d29c543171ffbb80a8fc5d.jpg

Thank you, John!  I clicked on the Port Canaveral webcam just in time to see the ship sail away!😉

• Like 4

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It wasn’t well attended, and no professionals.  We only had 14 out of 20, but the nearest competition had 10.  

The Beatles trivia last week had 6 groups with perfect scores. We missed 3 on that one. 

Back in the 90’s, Princess gave out umbrellas, travel alarm clocks, rain jackets, and other good stuff. 
I still use the umbrella and the clock. 
In 2019, we won highlighters. 

Nothing is like it used to be!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, derorim said:

Later that day, my son called and said he couldn't find the cat I put in his house.  Finally, 3 days later, he found it in the basement, on top of a wall.   He looked at the cat and said, “that’s not Kennedy.”  Apparently it was a feral cat that roamed the neighborhood. 

My son loves to tell people his mom let a feral cat loose in his house.  I love that there was a happy ending.

That was great!!!!  Jim asked me what I was laughing at, so I read your adventure to him!!  Truly a great story!  Thank you for sharing!

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Love horseradish. My mother use to make her own horseradish. Yum. Talk about clearing out your sinuses. 

Jim makes a great horseradish!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Back in the 90’s, Princess gave out umbrellas, travel alarm clocks, rain jackets, and other good stuff. 
I still use the umbrella and the clock. 
In 2019, we won highlighters. 

Nothing is like it used to be!

I liked rccl water wallets won a bunch of them, guessed the killer on murder mystery dinner got a backpack filled with stuff hats , T-shirt, bottle of champagne.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Looking for a quick answer of what is good to order at 150 CP. We usually go to Chops for specialty, but the time we wanted wasn’t available tonight.  We have chops a couple other nights this week. 

I had glazed scallops. lamb wellington and was was very happy. Also had the garden cucumber martini which was excellent.

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Looking for a quick answer of what is good to order at 150 CP. We usually go to Chops for specialty, but the time we wanted wasn’t available tonight.  We have chops a couple other nights this week. 

We always have the beef for two persons carved at your table.

Never been disappointed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

LOBSTER THERMIDORE!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH also decided last Passover that the horseradish sold in the stores isn't "harsh" enough for him, and he'll do its own.

He was very successful... with clearing the sinuses, cosinuses, tangens and all the others in between.... 🤪

In days gone by, Jack used to eat horseradish as a side dish.   He also used to eat charif  the same way.  His face would turn red, his eyes would get teary eyed.  He was in hot cuisine heaven. Times have changed and now he doesn't like anything remotely spicey.

charif - Israeli super spicey hot sauce oftentimes made with cayenne pepper. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@derorimThat is a great story.  I'm so glad your former DIL got her cat back.  I would imagine she didn't sleep until she had him back. 

I think my dog has very little hearing and I know if I lose sight of him I might not see him again since he would not be able to hear me calling him.  I used to joke that he was ignoring me but now I am convinced.  Lately he has become quite the explorer in our woods so no chance of being left unsupervised.

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We love doing trivia also.  Every now and then you get the “pros”that ruin the fun.

I would make all of you amateurs look like pros!

7 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We are the ones in our neighborhood that all the strays find. I've lost count as to how many I've had spayed/neutered and released. All kittens have  found homes. About a year ago we found a 2 that had been poisoned and there was one that I was convinced had been a pet. We had been feeding him for at least 5 years so my daughter took him. He still doesn't like to be picked up but loves to cuddle and when you pet him he grabs on to your arm with both paws. 

I had a cat like that.  He seemed fine and then suddenly he would have his claws in your arms. 

@helen haywoodI hope you can find time to keep us updated on the Edge.  I am supposed to be on the 2/6 cruise.  I have my fingers crossed that things settle down by then.  I was looking forward to not wearing a mask.  I did organize my "evening" outfits this week.  I was pretty distressed to find out that I "shrunk" my capris.  That is the only reason they could possibly be too snug.  I hope I get the ok from my doctor to start using my rower.  I figure if I do two hours a day I might be able to squeeze back into the capris.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

I had glazed scallops. lamb wellington and was was very happy. Also had the garden cucumber martini which was excellent.

One of the things I had was the cucumber martini, and it was good

72241798-D96F-4B13-904B-9409CDEBDF86.thumb.jpeg.78b65dea6f733575d01cebc83f99a583.jpeg

3 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We always have the beef for two persons carved at your table.

Never been disappointed.

Now you can get the beef for one, and that was my choice. 
49E6249E-A434-4480-9DB5-FFC5331D8436.thumb.jpeg.b841ed60459be526b6ba052cf3b04891.jpeg

Because of Susan’s food allergies, she had the halibut tonight. 

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

LOBSTER THERMIDORE!

I went in with the thought of ordering this, but the waiter was recommending the beef tonight. 

Desert was the fried cheesecake 

E42ABDA1-5970-43E7-8C08-394556DC000C.thumb.jpeg.864d893b6c8ca20b992829ca4dedcc0a.jpeg

A couple more pictures from CocoCay today.  I really like the blues in the sky. 

87E98528-BFD4-4392-BCAA-F3C766BBBC44.thumb.jpeg.b61b8ae0bc4c836b84c6b2ab2b18c203.jpeg

2BDCEB1A-708F-4FE5-8D45-6736599535BB.thumb.jpeg.71d54ed6872caa60bd1d151a51c3ff77.jpeg

• Like 15

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My cousin,the singer Marilyn Michael’s believes that Sinatra is the best male entertainer of all time.Her female in the category is Barbra Streisand.

I agree.  

I've seen Marilyn quite a few times on tv.  Her song "Momela" brought me to tears.  I remember she did a good Barbra impression. Talented lady.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I agree.  

I've seen Marilyn quite a few times on tv.  Her song "Momela" brought me to tears.  I remember she did a good Barbra impression. Talented lady.

She was a comedienne,singer,actress,impressionist,author and composer.Most recently she has been appearing with her son Mark.He plays piano and she sings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It wasn’t well attended, and no professionals.  We only had 14 out of 20, but the nearest competition had 10.  

The Beatles trivia last week had 6 groups with perfect scores. We missed 3 on that one. 

Screenshot_20220110-220512_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81fabd47f46fa2f8d530af425593c454.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Well I’ve moved on from watching Below Deck Med to Succession…and of course started the new Amazing Race last week.

2 more days until we head to the Fl panhandle for the weekend. My dad isn’t able to get there until Friday, so Nate and I have decided to go straight to the Destin beach on Thursday and get dinner at our & grandmas  fav beach restaurant. 💔 it will be weird to be at Grandmas alone. 

nates birthday is tomorrow and he’s sworn me to secrecy from reminding our Insta  friends so I at least I can tell you guys 🤣

Tonight I sent the table seating chart diagram to my sister for her review! Planning is coming along. Can’t remember if I posted this here, but here’s my dress…hoping the holiday pounds come off before March. 

71170195-5A22-4E0B-BD87-2081C37C4E9D.jpeg

0C55D51B-6731-4DAF-93FB-4CC87E68F34C.jpeg

Love the dress.  Bring warm clothes, it is going to be cold this next weekend.  Which is your favorite beach restaurant.  I am always looking for good places to eat for the times we get over that way.  Wishing Nate a wonderful birthday!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Well I’ve moved on from watching Below Deck Med to Succession…and of course started the new Amazing Race last week.

2 more days until we head to the Fl panhandle for the weekend. My dad isn’t able to get there until Friday, so Nate and I have decided to go straight to the Destin beach on Thursday and get dinner at our & grandmas  fav beach restaurant. 💔 it will be weird to be at Grandmas alone. 

nates birthday is tomorrow and he’s sworn me to secrecy from reminding our Insta  friends so I at least I can tell you guys 🤣

Tonight I sent the table seating chart diagram to my sister for her review! Planning is coming along. Can’t remember if I posted this here, but here’s my dress…hoping the holiday pounds come off before March. 

71170195-5A22-4E0B-BD87-2081C37C4E9D.jpeg

0C55D51B-6731-4DAF-93FB-4CC87E68F34C.jpeg

So what is the favorite restaurant?   Have you ever tried the original Dowey Destin?   It is good.  Good dress choice.