Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'd vote for the Empire State Building as well, although I think the less famous, less touristy Chrysler Building is more beautiful,  especially at night.  It was once the tallest building in the world for about a day until it was surpassed by the Empire State Building. 

Other iconic structures: Space Needle in Seattle,  CN tower in Toronto & possibly the Capital Records Building in LA? 

My suggestion would include the Guggenheim in Manhattan.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Look forward to your impressions of the these movies.

Thanks. Though I do not profess to be a movie reviewer, I thought I could at least tell people about these movies and encourage everyone to watch some of these great films. Some of them don't get the publicity that the big budget films get.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Thanks. Though I do not profess to be a movie reviewer, I thought I could at least tell people about these movies and encourage everyone to watch some of these great films. Some of them don't get the publicity that the big budget films get.

My friend Gerald is a SAG member.He never attends in person but he does vote.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

Hello from Antarctica AKA NW Arkansas.

I have never had this low of temperature in the south.

Real feel temp is -2 degrees F, this is crazy.

9D0D4BD9-7EED-4D50-BFC5-8BCC36191D44.png

Forget that you are up there .  Last night on the news they showed how you were getting hit.  Here in N Central Arkansas yesterday about this time it was 56° and now 22°. The low today 12°.  Crazy how the weather has been all over this winter 🥶. Woooooo Pig Sooooeeee.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Graham, this is the only birthday cake he’s getting! It looks yummy!

Mimi, how you and Dick are celebrating tonight? Low key, I assume.... until the chef with the mushy peas will be on his feet again 😁

Again, best wishes to you both, and have a lovely celebration 💐

• Like 3

Ship doesn't feel crowded at all. Looks like most people are wearing their masks.

Gold - 663

Platinum - 263

Emerald - 131

Diamond - 333

Diamond+ - 301

Pinnacle- 101

Total on board 2533

A walrus or seal?

20220118_211120.thumb.jpg.e69cffc00dc9d28f3f22dba23ec814a3.jpg

Yesterday we were in Roatan. We just got off the ship and walked around.

20220119_131500.thumb.jpg.caa10ef7adad3e924fdf398b09a29525.jpg

20220119_131521.thumb.jpg.8a0876434d5904be57b9625056cc3efb.jpg

20220119_132449.thumb.jpg.d1a6995b2800b3becc380733982656ca.jpg

20220119_132904.thumb.jpg.d23673b6d3b03f5fa87e7a6dcaf13fdc.jpg

20220119_133129.thumb.jpg.ff85e8417811b83c43a582d70d1dba7e.jpg

Our ship anchor at home is bigger than this one.

20220119_133415.thumb.jpg.c19ac62d98b8ba2d8d52111ff9955058.jpg

Caribbean Night. Plantains, jerk pork, cabbage ad Rasta bread. Thick bread without any special flavor. 

20220118_193524.thumb.jpg.82945f9243c415c89afa7fab6a47309c.jpg

20220119_132150.jpg

20220119_132341.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 19

Today is not my day.My Parkinsons therapy session was cancelled this morning.

I was scheduled to have the Pneumonia vaccine this afternoon but I cancelled a few minutes ago because it was snowing very heavily.Of course as soon as I got the confirmation of the cancellation it stopped snowing.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Forget that you are up there .  Last night on the news they showed how you were getting hit.  Here in N Central Arkansas yesterday about this time it was 56° and now 22°. The low today 12°.  Crazy how the weather has been all over this winter 🥶. Woooooo Pig Sooooeeee.

I just saw that you posted on the thread that I referred to in the Floataway Lounge.A few days ago I saw a movie the title of it is the state that you live in.

You might want to check it out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What a wonderful first visit to NYC!  We’ve done Top of the Rock a couple of times and One World Observatory.  I actually really liked One World.  The lifts are very cool and the view of the bridges and Statue of Liberty is really nice.

Yea, I feel Statue of Liberty represents NYC

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Different from here in Australia.  Masks compulsory indoors (including offices) and on public transport. QR code’s & social distancing.  No singing or dancing in certain situations A Music Festival in the Hunter Valley last weekend that had already been rescheduled from October that had 14000 planned attendees was cancelled 4 days out due to new Govt restrictions. Currently we have major supply chain issues in our two major grocery chains in particular relating to meat & poultry but also other products.  Chemists struggling to stock RATS and the Western Australian Premier has just announced that their border will continue to be closed to the rest of the country beyond 5 Feb.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Graham.  From what you re saying the guidelines here are almost the same as Australia's. 

I am so sorry for both of you.  I can't imagine all the restrictions.  For the last year my area of the world has been pretty much without any restrictions.  We do however have major supply chain issues.  There is a long wait for a lot of items like appliances and windows.  Yesterday our grocery store was well stocked but the week before there were several empty shelves.  My husband is very happy that I keep the pantry and freezers stocked, buying things I know we use in multiples when I find them.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The infamous Bella cake came via our Genie, but I gave him $40 to pass on to the pastry chef.

Here's how to recreate it😉

20220119_182401.thumb.jpg.f1dbccb06436b22bd9ec58b68cf0cf56.jpg

Maybe Renee could whip one up for your cruise?  It would take me about a month to roll all that fondant out to make that dog.

I did the amateur version when I made this cake for my daughter's graduation from nursing school.   i have to say, marshmallow fondant tastes really good.

DSC03218.JPG

• Like 15

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

May I add --

Moscow --The dome churches, St. Petersburg - Hermitage building

Firenze - Ponte Vecchio

Santorini - The blue domes of Oia

Jerusalem - The Golden Dome / The Wailing Wall 

Petra - The "Pink" temple

Venice - I'd suggest the Doge Palace

Las Vegas - The Stratosphere?

So much in St Petersburg.  Hermitage is the place to go, but so blah from the outside😉

Much prefer the Church of Spilt Blood😁

• Like 4

Hi everyone. I'm just recovering from Covid. We were at an AI in the Caribbean over New Years, tested negative in order to get on the flight back to Canada but tested positive when I was tested on arrival at the airport back in Toronto. I had to isolate for 10 days and now I can go out, but with all the snow we got on Monday I'm not going anywhere soon. I am double vacc'd and boosted, wore an N95 mask almost everywhere, but still got it. 😕 Mrs. Dawg is the same with her vaccine status and was almost everywhere I was from my test #1 (neg.) to my Test #2 (pos.) but she tested negative on arrival and she still tests negative even while being cooped up in the same house as I am. She had to isolate for 7 days while waiting for her arrival test results so she didn't go anywhere either.

Apparently only about 1% of the returning Canadians test positive with the airport arrival testing so I kind of feel a bit special. Now, I can truly say I'm a one-percenter! 😉 For me Covid was just a bad  flu. I'd say it was in the top ten of flus I've had in my life but certainly not close to the worst I have had.  

So here is a question for you. Now that I have tested positive for Covid and people apparently can still test positive for 90 days + following infection, is there anyway I could cruise with Royal or X over the next couple of months? I can get into the States with a positive test if I also provide a letter from a healthcare professional stating I am well enough to travel and not contagious,  but I'm not sure if that will be acceptable to the cruise line(s). I know the cruise lines only need an antigen test, which is less sensitive, so I would likely test negative in two or three months time but I'm asking just in case. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We have a weatherman whose name strikes fear into the bravest. 
When Jim Cantore shows up, people start to flee. 
Unless they’re Floridians. If they’re Floridian’s they buy more alcohol and snacks. 

you have seen that Weather Channel commercial from a few years back?  Jim all decked out to go to the beach with his beach chair, zinc on the nose and swimsuit and everyone runs away?  He then sits down and enjoys an empty beach......LOVED that one.....

I think I've said, but I'm from Fernandina!  So close 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

We are in northern SC just off the coast and have a winter storm warning for tomorrow, not happy at all.  I moved south for the warmth, not the winter weather.  At least we know how to deal with it not like the locals 😜

We’re the other side of the state, about 40 miles north of Augusta and right on the border.  I agree, we moved south to escape the cold.  But, remember the end of December when it was in the 70s for a week.  New Year’s Day we turned the air conditioning on.  It will eventually warm up.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

This is an amazing thread and all. But does it strike anyone else as odd that a they have a hair trigger to move a thread because God forbid you ask a question about a port on a cruise line forum instead of a port forum, but this 1800 page bit of randomness hasn't been relocated to the Floataway Lounge yet?

Sure is amazing isn't it, almost like there are 2 or 3 sets of rules when it comes to posting on a thread doesn't it?

I think a lot has to do with who the members that are posting on the thread. Some are allowed a lot more leeway then others.

Moderation on this site isn't very consistent.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

This is an amazing thread and all. But does it strike anyone else as odd that a they have a hair trigger to move a thread because God forbid you ask a question about a port on a cruise line forum instead of a port forum, but this 1800 page bit of randomness hasn't been relocated to the Floataway Lounge yet?

It was moved to the Floataway Lounge and brought back here. Obviously the CC mod squad thought about it and decided this fun thread created by  Dani belongs here. 🍻👍

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sure is amazing isn't it, almost like there are 2 or 3 sets of rules when it comes to posting on a thread doesn't it?

I think a lot has to do with who the members that are posting on the thread. Some are allowed a lot more leeway then others.

Moderation on this site isn't very consistent.

The only rule on this thread that I know of is that we need to check our guns at the door.  We can argue with each other all we want on the main boards but keep it civil in here. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1