Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@h20skibum

Safe travels.

And I hope you can help me out.

On your way home, bring the nice warm sunny days with you.

Stay safe and enjoy.

Take care

I will see what I can do, but my sister-in-law says we always have a snow storm around St. Paddy’s Day.  I hope she is wrong.

I did get an email from SWA saying they are serving alcohol again, but masks are still required.  That may be a little early for a drink for me.   

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.  Spent the entire day and part of last night in the ER.  Charlie’s arm was hurting and he couldn’t do much with it.  They said he has fluid on the elbow so they are doing MRIs, cat scans etc.  The doctor called me at midnight, scaring me half to death, going over things.  She said he has pneumonia also.  I am on my way there now, he is still in the ER.  I need to speak to the doctor as Charlie says he doesn’t have pneumonia but he is also drugged up.  Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

Sorry to hear this. Wishing the best for Charlie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

On my way to the hospital soon, hoping for better news!

I hope you have someone with you helping you out. It always helps to have an extra pair of ears and someone to take notes . 

Thinking of you !  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just came back in the house.  It is hot out.  I need to change into shorts.  Crazy that a few days ago it was in the upper 20’s.  Right now it’s 78° and supposed to get to 80°. It feels hotter out in the sun.  Funny thing is in July, if it is 80° out I will be talking about how cool it is outside.

• Like 1

Yes, plenty of helping hands.  My girls especially.  There was not any noticeable fluid in the elbow, now they are thinking an infection.  They are giving him heavy duty antibiotics, hoping it will clear.  Otherwise they will have to operate on the arm😳. Luckily he only hears half of this, otherwise he would be going crazy.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Post op appointment with my surgeon went good. He thought everything was progressing great and the X-rays looked like everything is aligned and looking good. Here is my new bionic knee.

4338D2FE-C2D2-4AF2-B3AD-B35719738B07.thumb.jpeg.9ce00e8746c46165731579743923f919.jpeg

530CAC28-9DF8-4089-B4B6-8E5760E53707.thumb.jpeg.97df7c658cd6cd7d4ef7da475a8aea31.jpeg

Took the surgery bandage off and released me from having to wear compression stockings. Yeah!!! Not going to win any sexy legs competitions but that’s ok. Continue therapy for another 6 weeks and start to wean myself off the pain meds. Things are getting better. Now off to therapy this afternoon.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Post op appointment with my surgeon went good. He thought everything was progressing great and the X-rays looked like everything is aligned and looking good. Here is my new bionic knee.

4338D2FE-C2D2-4AF2-B3AD-B35719738B07.thumb.jpeg.9ce00e8746c46165731579743923f919.jpeg

530CAC28-9DF8-4089-B4B6-8E5760E53707.thumb.jpeg.97df7c658cd6cd7d4ef7da475a8aea31.jpeg

Took the surgery bandage off and released me from having to wear compression stockings. Yeah!!! Not going to win any sexy legs competitions but that’s ok. Continue therapy for another 6 weeks and start to wean myself off the pain meds. Things are getting better. Now off to therapy this afternoon.

Sounds like all good news Greg. 👍 After you get the other knee done, we can start calling you Steve Austin (the Lee Majors version, not the Stone Cold version).

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That looks good Greg.  Keep up with the PT.

I don’t think they are doing sexy legs at the moment.  I won that competition on one of our cruises, but I had an in with a couple of the judges.  

I assume the drinking can’t start until you are off the pain meds.  If so, I will have a couple for you next week.   By the way, where did you and OB find the best expresso martini with Baileys?   I need to try one of those.  I am also eying up an El Toro, and a Dublin Iced Tea at the Bow and Stern.  I didn’t see either of those on your list.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here.

Lots of Corning which are excellent, and love the dishes' pattern.

Is there a cat, beside OWD and R.?

So, the dishes pattern is called Burgund.  It is made by the same German company that makes the Hummel figurines Goebel.  When we were engaged in 1980, and we went pottery shopping for our pattern.  This was the only pattern that we both liked.   So, we registered it.  We visited Epcot in the 1980s shortly after it opened, and when we visited the Germany exhibit, they were selling our pattern in the gift shop.  I think they quit making that pattern about 20 years ago.  We still like it very much.  My MIL had another Goebel pattern with a Blackberry theme called Bromberre (Blackberry), I like it very much too.  

As I mentioned, when I posted the pictures, those were from our late 2014 kitchen remodel.  So, the white dog is OWD aka Wellie, the Black and Tan was the best dog ever Maddock (not the very naughty Rodrhi), and the Cat…. Was Victoria who passed away over a year ago at almost 22 years of age.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.  Spent the entire day and part of last night in the ER.  Charlie’s arm was hurting and he couldn’t do much with it.  They said he has fluid on the elbow so they are doing MRIs, cat scans etc.  The doctor called me at midnight, scaring me half to death, going over things.  She said he has pneumonia also.  I am on my way there now, he is still in the ER.  I need to speak to the doctor as Charlie says he doesn’t have pneumonia but he is also drugged up.  Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

Prayers for Charlie. Keep us posted.

Special serenity prayers, wishes and a billion hugs for you. 💕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 28° this morning, but at least the sun is shining. A lot of things on our schedule today. Already got checked in for our flight to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning.  Our “Formal” bag is packed and weighed, and I have 3 pounds to spare. 

Second “Casual” bag will be packed later and finalized tomorrow morning when the bath items go in. Still have to weigh it to see if I might need to take a carry on.  Packing for 14 days, so it may be close. 

Getting together with grandkids for dinner tonight, then home to take one of our government Covid tests to make sure we should fly tomorrow.  Our two day prior to sailing tests are scheduled tomorrow in Florida. 

Daughter and her family wanted to celebrate my birthday early, since it will happen on our cruise. Told them to wait until we return.  Just putting off crossing over to old age. 🤣🤣

And since I am working out on daughter’s treadmill this morning (6.37 miles so far) how about a cat picture!!

CE58607F-10CE-4C18-A671-0A9ED118CD3D.thumb.jpeg.1213b752819e447a54705c001698de8a.jpeg

Have a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to your pictures.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry, please keep us informed.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume the drinking can’t start until you are off the pain meds.  If so, I will have a couple for you next week.   By the way, where did you and OB find the best expresso martini with Baileys?   I need to try one of those.  I am also eying up an El Toro, and a Dublin Iced Tea at the Bow and Stern.  I didn’t see either of those on your list.

Champagne Bar on Allure.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, Sea Dog said:

I was surprised too but it is a film that could see winning. I think it will do well at the Oscar’s. I actually did not vote for it as best ensemble. I did however get 8 of the winners so I felt pretty good about my voting. You always hate to vote and then see none of your votes win. When you do get it right you feel validated by your peers.

My friend Gerry the Director,Actor,Producer and Screenwriter told me last night that in his opinion the only recent film that had any merit is CODA.I assume that is who he voted for.

• Like 2