Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My hobbies seem to keep changing.  Today’s hobby is bakin bacon 🥓. Right out of the oven.  I wanted to bake the rest of the package so I hung the pieces over the side to make room.  Now I have to find a way to use it all 😂.  

B1D9EBE6-31A4-421B-B2E4-B4139C2D5EC9.thumb.jpeg.ced74b26ad226aeffb404551dc97a97d.jpeg

Put it in the fridge and nuke it for 30 seconds to reheat it back up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I knew a guy many years ago who had a car that he kept in a garage .He only took it out on sunny Sundays in warm weather for short drives.

My son’s ‘22 Corvette is for weekends only. But they do get a whole weekend’s use every week. 
His weekday vehicle is a Ford 150. 
He is in love with both of them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

The station we go to is charging $4.29 a gallon and they are the cheapest in the neighborhood!

Lucky us. :classic_rolleyes: We just hit the highest gas prices in the country. 

Gas Prices March.jpeg

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

2 weeks?…  It would be nice to see it turn around before 2 weeks.  As high as it is shooting up I wonder if RC will start talking about a surcharge for fuel cost.

Hush your mouth!!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Burn in is only really an issue if you leave a news or sports channel on for hours at a time, and there's something constant on the screen (like a logo).  For most people, that's not an issue.

I guess not many sports fans here then on this thread. On Saturdays and Sundays when watching football games(one right after another)CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN...or people here that want to know what is going on around the world watching news channels then. CNN, FOX, BCC News

That is when you can have image retention or burn -in on some tv sets.

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am so ready for the T to be back!  

I ended up having to make some fried egg sandwiches with melted cheese so I had a place for the bacon to sit!  Sometimes we do what we have to do.  Still have more to eat. I have been meaning to try some on a pizza.  Have you tried it?  Sounds good.

Ever have a Snappy sandwich?

Dick and I grew up eating them. 
Broil half slices of bacon on one side. Drain on a paper towel. 
Put a slice of American cheese on white bread. Lay a slice of tomato on top. 
Criss cross two slices of bacon uncooked side up on top of the tomato. 
Put under the broiler till bacon is done and cheese melted. 

Two or three of those make a meal. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been meaning to try some on a pizza.  Have you tried it?  Sounds good.

I've never had pizza with just bacon, but I've had it with several different meats including bacon.  Like I said, everything's better with bacon.

• Like 2

@bobmacliberty Thank you ,again, for posting those great car photos. It’s as if we were at the  show too ! Our friend has a Corvette which he says is his 401K . I am not sure of the year. It is a pretty one though. He keeps it covered in his garage and takes it for an occasional drive. He and his wife went to California for three months and I asked him if he would like me to drive it while they were away. He just smiled at me and shook his head. Seems he has heard that I tend to be a lead foot at times!

@DaniDanielle I hope your Charlie does get home today. There’s nothing like recuperating in your own bed. Take care of you too .

@Ozark_KidAgree with you about TV news coverage,especially the cable news shows. We have limited exposure to the news. Just enough to be informed without adding to much  extra anxiety.

Mimi- Something else we have in common ,other than our name, is that we favor Mustangs  of the middle 1960’s. My hubby had a cute Mustang in the 1990’s. Not the same as the earlier ones, but it did have more safety features.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As a teenager I tried to get a loan to buy a Jaguar XK-E.  It looked beautiful and the owner was selling it for $3,000.

Jaguar and Aston Martins build some of the most classically beautiful cars in the world.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Wish i hadn’t sold my chevron stock, glad my wife has some.

Speaking of investments, I am thankful My SS will start in a couple of weeks.  I really don’t see myself pulling out of the 401k for awhile.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Mimi- Something else we have in common ,other than our name, is that we favor Mustangs  of the middle 1960’s. My hubby had a cute Mustang in the 1990’s. Not the same as the earlier ones, but it did have more safety features.

The 1960's Mustangs were the best. They kind of lost their way in the early 1970's when they became big, bloated heavy beasts. I know I'm in the minority but I like the mid-1970's Mustangs are they returned roughly in size & weight to the original 1964.  Sure, the puny 4 & 6- cylinder engines were a far  cry from the big-block V-8 but they were were the right engines for the time during the first "energy crisis".  A lot of criticism directed that it was based on the Pinto but most Mustangs were based on an economy car, whether it be the Ford Falcon in the 60's or the Fairmont in the 80's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My hobbies seem to keep changing.  Today’s hobby is bakin bacon 🥓. Right out of the oven.  I wanted to bake the rest of the package so I hung the pieces over the side to make room.  Now I have to find a way to use it all 😂.  

B1D9EBE6-31A4-421B-B2E4-B4139C2D5EC9.thumb.jpeg.ced74b26ad226aeffb404551dc97a97d.jpeg

I figured if I was going to bother cooking one pound of bacon, I might as well make it 3 lbs.  It’s not too much, is it?  These are all oven baked.  The easiest way to do it.

CCAEB0A6-E384-45D1-93B3-150860F3F714.thumb.jpeg.946ac2cabc55156a070a215953c53926.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

@HBE4I know what you mean about the early 70s Mustangs. In college, I drove my Dad’s 1967  Chevelle Malibu when he got a new car. I liked the car very much- Aqua with black interior. But, I always liked the 1966 Mustang a sorority sister drove- icy blue with a white interior and the one our neighbor had ,a 1966 one that was silvery green with beige interior. I often told him if he ever wanted to sell the car, I would buy it, but he moved before that happened. 

Recently, I was thinking why I didn’t buy a new. Mustang  when I got my first job out of college in 1974. So, I googled  that year . Certainly did not look anything like the Mustangs I liked. That is the reason,most likely, that I didn’t buy one in 1974. Unfortunately, I bought a Mazda that I nicknamed the Putt-Putt for obvious reasons. It was good on gas, but style, not so much!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of investments, I am thankful My SS will start in a couple of weeks.  I really don’t see myself pulling out of the 401k for awhile.

Only reason I took some out is because it’s mandatory at 70 or 71 depending on birthday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@HBE4I know what you mean about the early 70s Mustangs. In college, I drove my Dad’s 1967  Chevelle Malibu when he got a new car. I liked the car very much- Aqua with black interior. But, I always liked the 1966 Mustang a sorority sister drove- icy blue with a white interior and the one our neighbor had ,a 1966 one that was silvery green with beige interior. I often told him if he ever wanted to sell the car, I would buy it, but he moved before that happened. 

Recently, I was thinking why I didn’t buy a new. Mustang  when I got my first job out of college in 1974. So, I googled  that year . Certainly did not look anything like the Mustangs I liked. That is the reason,most likely, that I didn’t buy one in 1974. Unfortunately, I bought a Mazda that I nicknamed the Putt-Putt for obvious reasons. It was good on gas, but style, not so much!

I drove a Plymouth Satellite in the late 70s in high school.  It had been my father's work supplied car that he could buy after a while.  It became mine, then my younger brother's when I left for college.  Loved that car.  When I needed a car for my sophomore year at college, my brother was still using the Satellite.  I bought a Datsun B210 Honey Bee.  Still feeling the impacts of the 70s energy crisis, and having to spend my own money, a used B210 made sense.  Like you, it got me from point A to point B fairly cheaply but style, definitely not so much.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My expensive hobby’s are my music studio, cruising and fine bourbon.

Virginia ABC Authority holds periodic lotteries for some special release products.  I'm currently entered for the right to purchase a $1,999.99 bottle of Double Eagle Very Rare bourbon.  I'll let you know if I win.  🙂 

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/double-eagle-very-rare?productSize=0

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg,did you watch the Spirit Awards last night ? The best reason for the awards is that it showcases actors ,directors,etc who are wonderful in their craft but are virtually unknown.The husband of a woman that I went to HS with has two Oscar nominations ,one for Tootsie and one for Raging Bull and a BAFTA nomination for Saturday Night Fever but nobody ever heard of him.My friend Gerry has been in the film industry since the late 60’s and nobody except his peers knows who he is.

I’m sorry I missed it. What network airs it? I am aware of it. Very cool about your friend Gary.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yum, time for a BLT😉

I was thinking the same thing. I had one yesterday. Love them.

52 minutes ago, derorim said:

Virginia ABC Authority holds periodic lotteries for some special release products.  I'm currently entered for the right to purchase a $1,999.99 bottle of Double Eagle Very Rare bourbon.  I'll let you know if I win.  🙂 

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/double-eagle-very-rare?productSize=0

How that would be great . I’ve never seen the very rare even offered from around here. I love the regular Eagle Rare if you can find it.

• Like 2