Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

NOOOOO! I’m heartbroken 💔 of course I understand. That does seem like the right thing to do. I am confident we will sail together. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later.

It would of been fun.  Your TA was offering the same to us which made it sound even better. But when the Allure was mentioned it was to good to turn down.  I am sure we will work it out sometime.  What else do you do when retired.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Any cruise that goes to Aruba and Curacao is hard to say no to, IMO.    

Your TA got you a great price for that sailing!    

If I was you I would turn into a b2b and do the 6 night mexico sailing before or after your sailing.    Prices are very reasonable for either the 10.09 or 10.23 sailing.    

Have you ever done a b2b yet?    

What do you do while at Aruba and Curaçao?  

We have not tried b2b yet.  Mentioned it to Sharon and she was not liking the idea of being away from a new Grand baby.  Might have to wait awhile to try it.  I think it sounds great.  Don’t have to fly twice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Depending on who is talking, the major issue seems to be staffing with flight crews with a sprinkling of weather and IT issues. Jet Blue seems to be particularly affected. 

When I was stranded in Miami I asked the lady at check in (check out that day) why?  She would not look up and she said, Weather and satellite problems.  I said, Wow.  You said that with a straight face!  She looked up and whispered, This is not why I took this job.  You could tell that the airline told them what to say.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We booked The Breakers.   My daughter stayed there before and liked it.  The kids will enjoy the lazy river and slides.  We will be doing kid friendly things, so adult night life will probably be out for this trip. 

We haven’t been there for probably 25 years when we took our kids there, so I imagine there have been lots of changes.

Have heard Breakers is nice.  Was thinking of kids things.  Definitely look at Broadway at the Beach, they have the Ripleys Aquarium, Wonderworks with the upside down building, rides and a whole lot more.  A bit further north is Alligator Adventure, a small animal park with lots of gators.  In the same area is Barefoot Landing with kids stuff and lots of kid friendly restaurants, Lulu's, owned by Lucy Buffett Jimmy's sister, is great for kids and right along the intracoastal.  Doc Antle, from Tiger King infamy, used to have a place in Barefoot Landing with tigers where you could get pics with animals but they shut down after the show aired.  Many mini golf courses, water slides, etc all over and of course the beach.  Definitely lots to do for the young ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It would of been fun.  Your TA was offering the same to us which made it sound even better. But when the Allure was mentioned it was to good to turn down.  I am sure we will work it out sometime.  What else do you do when retired.

Sounds like we both have a great TA 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Love watching the lorikeets feeding from the camellias outside our kitchen window. They hop & climb across to every single flower for a feed.

I would love that too! You have the prettiest and most exotic birds there. :classic_biggrin: My friend sent me amazing photos of the birds at her birdfeeder in Australia. :classic_smile:

We have Western Bluebirds in the birdhouse this year. Which is really neat. But they are just blue, and kind of small. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I would love that too! You have the prettiest and most exotic birds there. :classic_biggrin: My friend sent me amazing photos of the birds at her birdfeeder in Australia. :classic_smile:

We have Western Bluebirds in the birdhouse this year. Which is really neat. But they are just blue, and kind of small. :classic_smile:

How lovely.  If your friend is not in NSW but another state, she may get birds that we don’t have here.  Always neat to have birds in your garden 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Being sick at home all week, I have been enjoying a new real estate reality show that DH recommended -

Luxe Listings Sydney on Amazon Prime, here.  First season focused on the luxury waterfront homes of the Eastern Suburbs with their stunning harbour views.  Just started the second season and the agents venture across the bridge to the lower North Shore & Northern Beaches. I cannot get enough of the water views.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, akcruz said:

Have heard Breakers is nice.  Was thinking of kids things.  Definitely look at Broadway at the Beach, they have the Ripleys Aquarium, Wonderworks with the upside down building, rides and a whole lot more.  A bit further north is Alligator Adventure, a small animal park with lots of gators.  In the same area is Barefoot Landing with kids stuff and lots of kid friendly restaurants, Lulu's, owned by Lucy Buffett Jimmy's sister, is great for kids and right along the intracoastal.  Doc Antle, from Tiger King infamy, used to have a place in Barefoot Landing with tigers where you could get pics with animals but they shut down after the show aired.  Many mini golf courses, water slides, etc all over and of course the beach.  Definitely lots to do for the young ones.

Thank you.   Will have to check those things out.

The grandkids will have fun just being together.  They had a great time when they were all with us in Florida for the Christmas/New Year holidays. 

• Like 2

So did you ever have trouble sleeping?  You get up and pace the floors. You lay across your bed trying not to disturb  your spouse thinking about your day. The excitement you had going to the laundromat. All those quarters. 
Quarters. Quarters. Why am I awake thinking about QUARTERS. 

Then I realized when my mom was alive she had ordered the commemorative coins holder that would hold all the fifty state coins to be issued over the upcoming years. So I go in her Hope chest quietly and I found it. All 49 states were filled in.  Now, um we have 50 states. 

Looking closer I see that Wisconsin is missing. Hmmmmm.  So I quickly stumble downstairs, realizing that I must have got all those coins yesterday for a reason. They were from my mom. 

So I get out the magnifying glass and started going through all the coins. And guess what????  No Wisconsin. Now I’m on a roll. 
I pull out the coin jar and started going through it coin by coin. What seemed like an eternity but was just around 30 min.  Found Wisconsin. 
My life is fulfilled. 

So I go back upstairs get the holder and place it in its spot. 

Tonight when I cannot sleep I will take them

out one by one and glue and place them

in so they are not crooked. 

21739F46-C1F5-492C-9617-595C3F9F1557.jpeg

5FA440E4-9D21-45C3-B46D-5E3E2F49EE8C.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 12
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Love watching the lorikeets feeding from the camellias outside our kitchen window. They hop & climb across to every single flower for a feed.C438F0CB-99E9-4619-8ED7-D9EFFBF719FC.thumb.jpeg.c7f3e0cd1463b2880604dc764a909f07.jpeg

9195970E-7379-41F2-B0F7-C63B3B53EC59.thumb.jpeg.4606a8f3c45b4f95dec38b11c551e334.jpeg

EE74D311-6830-4607-81F0-E72134C6FEDF.thumb.jpeg.d4f6d286419b191f126e1115fb937dd1.jpeg

They are so colorful, Gorgeous!   I would really enjoy watching them too💐

• Thanks 1

OK, I am seeing a new CC “Easter egg” this morning.  Not showing up every avatar, but I was reading another thread and TreeSkier had a little watermark on the top of his Avatar that said Rare.  Then in another thread saw Twangster with the same.

What is this, why is this, and when is this.  I know I hope MM doesn’t read this it will drive her nuts with that grammar mashup.

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What do you do while at Aruba and Curaçao?  

We have not tried b2b yet.  Mentioned it to Sharon and she was not liking the idea of being away from a new Grand baby.  Might have to wait awhile to try it.  I think it sounds great.  Don’t have to fly twice.

For Aruba your first time to Aruba I highly recommend a tour that will take you to the natural Bridge and see the whole other side of the island then go to the California lighthouse is a must.   We had booked thru royal our first time there and really enjoyed learning about the island.    

If you are there for a late night I highly recommend going to West Deck for dinner and sunset.    It's a short taxi ride from cruise terminal.   If you do want to do this go to their website and make a reservation early.   It is a very busy place for sunset dinners.   

For first time to Curacao you must do the walk over to the floating bridge.   The port area is beautiful and short walk over to the bridge.   Once we crossed the bridge we then ate lunch at one of the cafes on the water and watched the bridge openings.  And of course wander around town and do a little shopping.    

I have to go thru my notes to send you some more suggestions.   They are both very beautiful islands and offer a much different feel than others.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

OK, I am seeing a new CC “Easter egg” this morning.  Not showing up every avatar, but I was reading another thread and TreeSkier had a little watermark on the top of his Avatar that said Rare.  Then in another thread saw Twangster with the same.

What is this, why is this, and when is this.  I know I hope MM doesn’t read this it will drive her nuts with that grammar mashup.

jc

I have seen this on a couple posters and wonder too!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

You didn't notice I was Rare as well. Actually Dbl Rare now

image.png.d50e66b291c9d06c49d86746992bb5a0.png

It indicates you have done a live review

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I like cats.  I am done 100% done doing the litter box and general mess.  I did it for 21 plus years.  So, if she wants a kitty she will be on litter duty.  I am betting she won’t be getting a kitty.  

Our DD swears by her Litter Robot. 
No scooping, no raking, no smell. 
Makes having cats a win win. 

4C06498A-00F8-4415-8995-890E1975B333.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For Aruba your first time to Aruba I highly recommend a tour that will take you to the natural Bridge and see the whole other side of the island then go to the California lighthouse is a must.   We had booked thru royal our first time there and really enjoyed learning about the island.    

If you are there for a late night I highly recommend going to West Deck for dinner and sunset.    It's a short taxi ride from cruise terminal.   If you do want to do this go to their website and make a reservation early.   It is a very busy place for sunset dinners.   

For first time to Curacao you must do the walk over to the floating bridge.   The port area is beautiful and short walk over to the bridge.   Once we crossed the bridge we then ate lunch at one of the cafes on the water and watched the bridge openings.  And of course wander around town and do a little shopping.    

I have to go thru my notes to send you some more suggestions.   They are both very beautiful islands and offer a much different feel than others.

We love Curaçao .The floating bridge is wonderful.On our last visit there we met a resident who moved there from Brooklyn,NY.He was about 30 years younger than me but he grew up on a street that was around the corner from the street I grew up on.He said it was the first time that he ever met someone in Curaçao who lived where we both lived.

• Like 4