Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

October 7th 2023 Radiance (16 Nights)  San Diego to Tampa, some are doing  B2B, Pacific Coastal(8 Nights) from Vancouver to San Diego.

Jim do you have a link for that? When I search for Panama Canal all I get are April 2023 sailings. Will not let select October.

The other issue we may have is Linda is worried about leaving the pups for that long. Right now leaning toward Celebrity with it's Tortola stop. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Jim do you have a link for that? When I search for Panama Canal all I get are April 2023 sailings. Will not let select October.

The other issue we may have is Linda is worried about leaving the pups for that long. Right now leaning toward Celebrity with it's Tortola stop. 

Just go on Royal site and search first for departure port: San Diego...............then search date: Only month that comes up is October 2023

Royal used to cruise from that port all the time, but not from much there lately but's it's a beautiful port to sail from.

• Day 1: San Diego - California
    • Sat Oct 07 2023 | Depart 04:00 PM
    • Day 2: Ensenada - Mexico
    • Sun Oct 08 2023 | 08:00 AM To 04:00 PM
    • Day 3: At Sea
    • Mon Oct 09 2023 |
    • Day 4: Cabo San Lucas - Mexico
    • Tue Oct 10 2023 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 5: At Sea
    • Wed Oct 11 2023 |
    • Day 6: At Sea
    • Thu Oct 12 2023 |
    • Day 7: Huatulco - Mexico
    • Fri Oct 13 2023 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 8: At Sea
    • Sat Oct 14 2023 |
    • Day 9: San Juan Del Sur - Nicaragua
    • Sun Oct 15 2023 | 09:00 AM To 07:00 PM
    • Day 10: Puntarenas - Costa Rica
    • Mon Oct 16 2023 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 11: At Sea
    • Tue Oct 17 2023 |
    • Day 12: Panama Canal (Cruising)
    • Wed Oct 18 2023 | 06:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 13: Cartagena - Colombia
    • Thu Oct 19 2023 | 10:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 14: At Sea
    • Fri Oct 20 2023 |
    • Day 15: At Sea
    • Sat Oct 21 2023 |
    • Day 16: At Sea
    • Sun Oct 22 2023 |
    • Day 17: Tampa - Florida
    • Mon Oct 23 2023 | Arrive 06:00 AM
Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just go on Royal site and search first for departure port: San Diego...............then search date: Only month that comes up is October 2023

Royal used to cruise from that port all the time, but not from much there lately but's it's a beautiful port to sail from.

• Mon Oct 09 2023 |
    • Wed Oct 11 2023 |
    • Thu Oct 12 2023 |
    • Sat Oct 14 2023 |
    • Tue Oct 17 2023 |
    • Fri Oct 20 2023 |
    • Sat Oct 21 2023 |
    • Sun Oct 22 2023 |

Thank you so much I will check it out.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

• Mon Oct 09 2023 |
    • Wed Oct 11 2023 |
    • Thu Oct 12 2023 |
    • Sat Oct 14 2023 |
    • Tue Oct 17 2023 |
    • Fri Oct 20 2023 |
    • Sat Oct 21 2023 |
    • Sun Oct 22 2023 |

That is a nice itinerary and definitely don't have to worry about weather being too chilly for those stops.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The last 2 photos are cookies?    Gorgeous spread of food,,,yummy😃

Yes. And those were 2 left over cookies we brought home.  She made several different ones for the event.  The neighbor first started about two or three years ago. We would order on occasion to help her business get going but now she is so busy.  So talented. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

This is our Ava Jude, ready for her Prom tonight.  I didn't mean for this to get into Debbie's post, but look guys, I did it!!!  My first posting pictures!

Maryann

So beautiful !  Glad she is well ! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This is our Ava Jude, ready for her Prom tonight.  I didn't mean for this to get into Debbie's post, but look guys, I did it!!!  My first posting pictures!

Maryann

Good posting of your 1st pics!  Great pic of Ava!  Hope she enjoys prom tonight. So thankful she made it back home safely and is back to enjoying life!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

IMG_20220429_140946318.jpg

IMG_20220429_140950044.jpg

IMG_20220429_140951012.jpg

Ahh - so Sweet and Beautiful!    I love her hair too!      Ava is Beautiful young lady.     

Thank you so much for posting - you made my day🥰💐

I hope she has lots of fun tonight.    

Now you can post photos - YAY!    

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes. And those were 2 left over cookies we brought home.  She made several different ones for the event.  The neighbor first started about two or three years ago. We would order on occasion to help her business get going but now she is so busy.  So talented. 

I can see why she is so busy, they are beautifully decorated and probably taste as good as they look.     Always love to hear a success story for an entrepreneur!

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 2:04 PM, Lionesss said:

Congratulations to Owen. He must be so excited and I know you and Lisa are so proud of his ongoing success.

Take care

And

Enjoy every moment, they grow toooo fast.

+1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, h20skibum said:

You and me both.  We will get on two weeks after you get off. 

As long as I passed my covid test this morning I’m on the next 2 weeks and I’ll be getting off as you get on.

• Like 4

On 4/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I came so close to cancelling this cruise after getting stranded in Florida in January with a cancelled flight. Now I am so glad I didn't give into that knee jerk reaction. I am really looking forward to this trip.

Mike and I are glad you didn’t. It’s been nice talking to you again.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:56 AM, h20skibum said:

That is a nice itinerary.  I didn’t realize you were on an 8 nighter.  I know the following week is also an 8 nighter going to Aruba and Curaçao.  That would have been a great B2B. 

Yep. I’m going to enjoy it. I will miss Mike and OB. 😁

On 4/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

My Niece and family lost their house last evening.  My niece, husband and two boys are safe but they lost their dog. 

808FB196-39EF-4B47-85EE-8D1689293B16.thumb.jpeg.358cd0c3867f03ac77156544a7f9769e.jpeg

Sorry to hear this, but glad they made it out ok. Very sad for their dog.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been to a local garden centre and now sitting relaxing in the back garden.

IMG_20220429_163904.jpg

Beautiful yard, Graham.  BTW, thank you for the instructions on how to post.  My daughter helped me, but I'll need to write the tutorial down..LOL!  Thank you for that!

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So I would like your thoughts on 15 night Transatlantic from  Southhampton, England to Cape Liberty NJ on Anthem October 15th? I know the weather can be iffy. They say in the 70's but since it's more northern I would think it would be cooler. Interested in knowing if anyone of you has done a transatlantic in October and if you would recommend it?

Other choices include:

Wonder of the Seas 7 night Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten, St. Thomas and PD) all places we've been but never on Wonder.

Celebrity 8 night Eastern which does go to Tortola on October 28th on Equinox. I've never been on Celebrity before thoughts? There is also a Celebrity 8 nighter ABC islands on Oct. 14th.

Greg, we were supposed to do the Transatlantic from Southampton to Cape Liberty in October, 2020...however, it was canceled due to Covid,  I'd love to try again, but I've already had 3 Transatlantic cruises canceled for one reason or another.   

You can't go wrong with Celebrity.  You'll love this cruise line!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They usually do a practice up the beach the day before the airshow.  We saw the rehearsal from our hotel room right after we had checked in.  We saw the airshow from the aft of Oasis while we were waiting to leave port the next day.

Have a great cruise!  Bon Voyage!!!!🛳️

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Have a great cruise!  Bon Voyage!!!!🛳️

Thanks!  We leave in two weeks for Alaska!  My out of state brothers have come through and are flying in for a couple of days each to help my sister take care of my Mom so we can go.

I just went back and looked at my post about the airshow.  I missed one sentence, that was when we sailed Oasis in 2016. 😱😇  Ooops, sorry.  I shouldn't multitask. 🙂 

• Like 5

On 4/22/2022 at 10:49 AM, DaniDanielle said:

I know it is ridiculous but I enjoyed finding the ducks!  People looked at me strangely when I whooped it up🤪

We also find them and bought a bag of them to hide. On Easter they had a thing for the kids so I hid the weeks worth on that day. I would “hide” (fairly easy to see) one and then stand in an area where I could watch the kids find them. It was great to see their faces light up when they did. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:10 AM, Lionesss said:

Oh where to begin. 

Well a good place would be at the beginning. 

I am sure people remember hurricane Charlie on Friday the 13, 2004. Our DD was only 10 when we evacuated safely. She was so mature and when we got home we said. “ ok she is showing responsibility so we will get her a kitten that she has been asking for”. We had to wait till spring and in April of 2005 Miss Carrie joined the family. 

Her life existed with Christina non stop. In fact we would tell people Carrie did not walk the first two years of life, she was carried everywhere. 

Then in 2013 Christina went off to college and we inherited Carrie. It took awhile but soon she was my best bud. Always around wherever I was in the house. She would even sneak under the covers at night. My lover girl. But when the DH would catch her and put her at foot of bed and she would stay there till morning. 

Now to the present. 

This past Tuesday she didn’t eat her dinner, started throwing up. I’m thinking hair ball. Medicated. 
Wednesday still throwing up. Eating very little. Not drinking.  I went to store and bought her new food and the treats she likes. Still sleeping with me. 
Thursday. Very sluggish slept all day. Ate a few treats. Slept with me. 

Today. Lethargic, wobbly on feet. Can hardly notice if any food out of bowl. Definitely not perky. Weight loss evident. 

She just turned 17. And in my heart I know it is only a matter of time. No heroics are planned.  Just comforting and tons of snuggles. 

Now, I’m crying. Yea to some she is only a cat. But to me she is the child my daughter raised. 

I know it is only a matter of time. 

Sad in Ohio. 

Carrie a few months ago C96A1399-3979-4A55-A179-C6C1F02A31CC.thumb.jpeg.e8c0acddac3351af686dea8b949ab520.jpegCarrie today ED9F0D4C-EAF0-4FE5-9D9E-8B969A9538AB.thumb.jpeg.ac0c5659ea93cf93cb2096d1a04c189e.jpeg

Sorry to hear Sue. What did the vet say? Hope she isn’t in any pain. 

On 4/22/2022 at 1:11 PM, Luckynana said:

Our 16 year old granddaughter is in the hospital in the Dominican Republic with a stomach virus.  She traveled there with her girlfriend  Bella and Bella's family.  The entire family had been sick all week, and Ava was the last to get it, and obviously the worst.  She has been in the hospital for the past 2 days and will be there overnight as well with an IV to keep her hydrated.  Bella's family has been with Ava the entire time in the hospital.  They are supposed to all fly home tomorrow, God Willing.  🙏🙏

Prayers gratefully accepted❤️

Maryann

Oh no! I hope she is doing better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

DH had a false positive with the Emed, and wants to have an "official" in person, rapid.

We do have the Emed kits, 

I think we will get up at 7am, and do Emed and if he tests false again, off to Quick Med on Belmont.

Good luck tomorrow , Sue and Rick!🤞

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

So beautiful !  Glad she is well ! 

Thank you so much, Judy!🥰

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

What a beautiful girl she is!

Thank you, Mimi!😘

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good posting of your 1st pics!  Great pic of Ava!  Hope she enjoys prom tonight. So thankful she made it back home safely and is back to enjoying life!

Thank you, John!  I appreciate your words more than you will know!❤️

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh - so Sweet and Beautiful!    I love her hair too!      Ava is Beautiful young lady.     

Thank you so much for posting - you made my day🥰💐

I hope she has lots of fun tonight.    

Now you can post photos - YAY!    

Debbie, I had to take the challenge, after you asked for pictures..lol!  I'm glad I did!  Thank you so much..Ava truly is a really sweet girl.  I'm glad I helped to make your day!😘🤗🥰

45 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

As long as I passed my covid test this morning I’m on the next 2 weeks and I’ll be getting off as you get on.

Enjoy, Renee!  You've really got some sea legs there!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks!  We leave in two weeks for Alaska!  My out of state brothers have come through and are flying in for a couple of days each to help my sister take care of my Mom so we can go.

I just went back and looked at my post about the airshow.  I missed one sentence, that was when we sailed Oasis in 2016. 😱😇  Ooops, sorry.  I shouldn't multitask. 🙂 

How wonderful that your brothers are stepping up to help your sister with your Mom's care while you and your DH cruise through Alaska.  Have the best time!!!!

LOL about the 2016 airshow.  So many of our friends on here are cruising or about to cruise, I sometimes forget who is where and when!😜

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oh no! I hope she is doing better.

Thank you, Renee!  Ava is still on meds, but she's doing great, and is on her way for pictures before tonight's Prom.😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had an emergency doctors visit today.I woke up with blood coming out of my left eye and the upper lid so large that it nearly covered my eye.It was either to go to the only hospital in town and hope that they have an Opthalmologist there or call my doctor .I opted for the latter.She told me to come to her office right away.When we arrived one of her associates was there .She said my eye was infected and she treated it.Afterward the lab on the premises checked out my eye thoroughly and then my doctor came in.

She prescribed an antibiotic to apply to the eye and warm compresses every four hours.She called me a few minutes ago to see how I am doing.

My eye is so much better .I am going to rest it and stay off line for the rest of the day.I hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My eye is so much better

Glad to hear.

@Luckynana Maryann -- BEAUTIFUL -- the girl, the dress, the hair, the earrings. Classic beauty.

@Ozark_Kid, John, congrats on the first b'day. The cake looks "enticing" 😁

@Lionesss, Sue & Rick, enjoy your cruise. You both need some time away after losing sweet Carrie.

@ReneeFLL, enjoy your solo cruise.

@Sea Dog, I also recommend to give Celebrity a try. If you're Diamond, you'll get all the perks of Elite on X. If not, still a very enjoyable "environment". Nevertheless, I would not "bank" on Tortola not being swapped at the last moment, so a Panama Canal seems like a sure bet. BTW, ABC islands is also a very nice itinerary.

@A&L_Ont - congrats to Owen on excellent grades.

@grapau27 - I like your garden 🌷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had an emergency doctors visit today.I woke up with blood coming out of my left eye and the upper lid so large that it nearly covered my eye.It was either to go to the only hospital in town and hope that they have an Opthalmologist there or call my doctor .I opted for the latter.She told me to come to her office right away.When we arrived one of her associates was there .She said my eye was infected and she treated it.Afterward the lab on the premises checked out my eye thoroughly and then my doctor came in.

She prescribed an antibiotic to apply to the eye and warm compresses every four hours.She called me a few minutes ago to see how I am doing.

My eye is so much better .I am going to rest it and stay off line for the rest of the day.I hope everyone is having a good day.

Lenny I hope you feel better.

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad to hear.

@Luckynana Maryann -- BEAUTIFUL -- the girl, the dress, the hair, the earrings. Classic beauty.

@Ozark_Kid, John, congrats on the first b'day. The cake looks "enticing" 😁

@Lionesss, Sue & Rick, enjoy your cruise. You both need some time away after losing sweet Carrie.

@ReneeFLL, enjoy your solo cruise.

@Sea Dog, I also recommend to give Celebrity a try. If you're Diamond, you'll get all the perks of Elite on X. If not, still a very enjoyable "environment". Nevertheless, I would not "bank" on Tortola not being swapped at the last moment, so a Panama Canal seems like a sure bet. BTW, ABC islands is also a very nice itinerary.

@A&L_Ont - congrats to Owen on excellent grades.

@grapau27 - I like your garden 🌷

Thank you Dani.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210908_202954.jpg

Screenshot_20210908_202452.jpg

• Like 15