Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My souvenirs from Haifa have been Roman glass jewelry.  You do have a resident artist so perhaps you two can come up with something. Looked up Capt. Kate and she has an on-board cat . A small painting of her cat ?  

Next to last PT session for my husband this morning. Hopefully done and finished with knee rehab a few days short of one month of his surgery.  Almost perfect bending and a few points short on straightening.  He’ll have to continue a lifelong exercise program to keep those muscles strong .  No pain or nerve irritation, fortunately. 

Watching Depp V Heard trial and feel sorry they have to resort to this public display of their marital issues. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think I discovered a new "Weight Watchers" program. Before the cruise I weighed in at 191.4.  I weighed in this morning at 185.8. Lost over 5lbs!  I feel my best between 175 to 180.  Looks like I should of booked a B2B.

My wife loves weight watchers, goes to meetings every Saturday. She doesn’t really count points but eats very healthy, her only vice is wine . She been going for years. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Looked up Capt. Kate and she has an on-board cat . A small painting of her cat ?  

Capt. Kate gets lots and lots of pictures, clothes, you name it for her cat [she is called "Bug Naked"].

In our "correspondence" she raved about her one and only visit to the port of Haifa, and visiting sacred places for the Christianity. She also has in prominent display a statue of St. Nicholas [patron of sailors]. That's the reason I lean towards finding something "faith-related".

So glad Steve is progressing so nicely. Quality of life is so important. Every painless day counts.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Capt. Kate gets lots and lots of pictures, clothes, you name it for her cat [she is called "Bug Naked"].

In our "correspondence" she raved about her one and only visit to the port of Haifa, and visiting sacred places for the Christianity. She also has in prominent display a statue of St. Nicholas [patron of sailors]. That's the reason I lean towards finding something "faith-related".

So glad Steve is progressing so nicely. Quality of life is so important. Every painless day counts.

A hairless cat would need a wardrobe full  of clothes . I’m sure you’ll come up with something significant that will catch her attention.  

I didn’t realize how caregiving is exhausting.   

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife loves weight watchers, goes to meetings every Saturday. She doesn’t really count points but eats very healthy, her only vice is wine . She been going for years. 

I’ve never been to a WW meeting but I do follow their food philosophy - low calorie, low fat and high fiber.  Although not so much on a cruise!  Wine & cocktails are my vices also.  I’m really not much of a sweet eater, I’d actually rather have fresh fruit.  Except Key Lime Pie - but that’s almost fruit?!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think I discovered a new "Weight Watchers" program. Before the cruise I weighed in at 191.4.  I weighed in this morning at 185.8. Lost over 5lbs!  I feel my best between 175 to 180.  Looks like I should of booked a B2B.

All that walking really accounted for something. I think I'll need to get my other knee done to do as much as you did. Congrats that's awesome. I'm on a mission to get to 175. I've lost 25 already got another 45 to go.

19 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I didn’t realize how caregiving is exhausting.   

I owe my wife Linda big time for all the work she did for me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

All that walking really accounted for something. I think I'll need to get my other knee done to do as much as you did. Congrats that's awesome. I'm on a mission to get to 175. I've lost 25 already got another 45 to go.

I owe my wife Linda big time for all the work she did for me.

I was very fat at one time ,bordering on obesity. I was working for a health insurance company that had a Nutritionist on staff,something truly unique at the time.She restructured my eating habits.I lost 66 pounds and never gained the weight back.I keep a picture of myself in my wallet of how I looked after losing the weight.I also convinced myself that the foods I used to eat may have tasted wonderful when I ate them but the end result was not worth it.

• Like 7

Y'all. This morning was my boy's graduation from 5th grade. He's headed to middle school in the fall.

While we were waiting for the ceremony to begin, another couple came in and sat next to us. They had a baby carrier with them. The lady immediately started fussing with the carrier to take the baby out. Only it wasn't a baby at all - it was a large pug dog!! She then began dressing the dog in a shirt that matched her own outfit! All in an elementary school cafeteria. It was... unusual.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks everyone for all your posts. I haven’t been online much as someone tried to hack me on this hotel network so staying off wifi and sleeping. Fever finally gone and breathing better so hope to get out of here as planned. 

I know I have missed a lot on this thread and will catch up once I have my laptop at home. 

@DaniDanielle I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to your family. 

@Luckynana sending prayers for baby Ginny. 

Pleased to hear you are feeling better.

I am always wary on hotels free WiFi and even on their encrypted WiFi.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have had the pleasure of meeting Lenny and Toby on NCL,
Marietta and Charlie on the Anthem. And I remember well enough to pick all four out of a lineup. 😄

I also think I have met or run across others....I see pictures and say hmmmm where have I seen them? Definitely have seen Deb. But I was associating Deb's Andy as somebody else's hubby. 🤣 Ok so I will be quiet before I get anyone into any trouble. LOL!😜😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve never been to a WW meeting but I do follow their food philosophy - low calorie, low fat and high fiber.  Although not so much on a cruise!  Wine & cocktails are my vices also.  I’m really not much of a sweet eater, I’d actually rather have fresh fruit.  Except Key Lime Pie - but that’s almost fruit?!

Besides WW my wife goes to camp gladiator 4 days a week at 5 am , only time I worked out that hard was in basic training which was way over 50 years ago, I also am fond of key lime pie . Maybe I can think of my gin and tonics as healthy since I do get a wedge of lime in them 😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

True on pictures, clothes, toys, etc for Bug.

She also likes food. Like Dried Mango Habanero snacks from Trader Joe's.
She is an absolute darling!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is odd they locked down that post yesterday.      

Odd indeed. Not only that, but my reply to @NHProud was also locked down... First time it happened to me since I've joined CC ☹️

On a happier note, we have a Jewish holiday approaching, where the tradition is to eat lots of cheese.... Since our inlaws will be abroad [they got an offer to visit Normandy which they couldn't refuse 😉] and our "mutual" grandson was 4 years old today, we'll celebrate more than a week ahead, and I volunteered to bake.... surprise... a cheese cake. A new recipe.

So today I've baked "part 1", it has to "rest" at least a day in the fridge, and Friday morning I'll do the top.

Part 1 --

image.thumb.jpeg.af501f804cbfb689dbfc29a1fb72c5fa.jpeg

• Like 28

2 hours ago, George C said:

I bet she would love the Alaska cruise as a weight watcher program.  😆 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Odd indeed. Not only that, but my reply to @NHProud was also locked down... First time it happened to me since I've joined CC ☹️

On a happier note, we have a Jewish holiday approaching, where the tradition is to eat lots of cheese.... Since our inlaws will be abroad [they got an offer to visit Normandy which they couldn't refuse 😉] and our "mutual" grandson was 4 years old today, we'll celebrate more than a week ahead, and I volunteered to bake.... surprise... a cheese cake. A new recipe.

So today I've baked "part 1", it has to "rest" at least a day in the fridge, and Friday morning I'll do the top.

Part 1 --

image.thumb.jpeg.af501f804cbfb689dbfc29a1fb72c5fa.jpeg

Your cheesecake looks absolutely delicious. 🥰    I cannot wait to see when topped.     We love cheese in our house and would enjoy any holiday that includes lots of cheese and dairy items.     

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR GRANDSON🎂    4 yrs old is such a sweet precious age.    I loved when our boys were this age.     Walking, talking, (done potty training) and really starting to show their personalities.   Enjoy and savor every moment you can. 

Is it Shavuot that you will be celebrating?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

The walking was definitely it.  And those steep drives coming from the Market Place.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We watched the new Below deck Caribbean tonight.

Captain Lee,Kate,Mat,Nico and the rest are a bunch of novices.

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You folks are way behind on Below Deck.

If you want get the NBC Peacock App and watch all the Below Deck Sailings from Below Deck, Below Deck Med, Below Deck Sailing and Below Deck Down Under with all their seasons. You could watch 24/7.

I watch reruns of BD while I exercise on the eliptical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The walking was definitely it.  And those steep drives coming from the Market Place.  

I think those hills would kill me. I would need to some training to get in shape for that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I think those hills would kill me. I would need to some training to get in shape for that.

I hope your knee op recuperation is going well Greg.

I have an appointment tomorrow at my doctor's to get the results of all the x-rays on both my knees.

• Like 5