Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations! Those Buckeyes look very tasty. I could eat all of them. Chocolate and peanut butter what a glorious combination.

Greg,when you were in college did you ever know a guy with the last name Roos.He is likely the same age as you.He lived in Kansas.I cannot recall the city,He moved to NYC after graduation .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would be interested in what tape sold for $60K? I hope they have a machine to play it on.

Sorry to hear you are still positive. Are your symptoms still mild?

An unopened Star Wars VHS.  As with anything, the unopened ones are worth the most. 

Haven’t had symptoms for several days now.  Maybe I am one of those who will test positive for a while. According to CDC, I should not be contagious 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got a call from my daughter-in-law.  My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.  His leg is infected, he thinks from his excema.  Our family is really tired of one thing after another.

I hope the antibiotics do their thing and he is home soon!  Your family has been through a lot, sending healing prayers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, Marietta, I was just thinking about your daughter and her kids, and now this.

It really is too much in such a short time. 🤞 for you son, that the IV will work its magic.

+1

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Was at the hand surgeon’s today. Key word being surgeon.  Referred by my GP after two cortisone injections didn’t do what they were supposed to do. After examining my hand, he said ok, we’ll book you in for surgery in two weeks time. 
I said, oh I am having surgery?  I think he did an eye roll and then said what did you think was going to happen? I said I know you are a surgeon so surgery is obvious but I thought there may be other options first. Only other option is a third cortisone and he didn’t recommend so off to my third day surgery in 8 weeks to have a dequervains release procedure.  Pretty straightforward by the sounds of it so not worried.

Envious of everyone’s delicious cocktails.  It’s mulled wine & hot choc weather here 🧤🧣

Good luck with your surgery.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congrats. It’s not easy.

I keep up with his thread and his reviews. There are certain things about Virgin that I would like and others that I probably wouldn’t like. We plan on event giving it a try someday. I’m surprised they don’t have the UDP, but I think that’s good for some people. I’m sure it keeps the number of drunks down.

@dani negreanu So sorry to hear about your Captain Kate story. It’s sad that people don’t have better things to do.

I just booked Virgin for August.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I bought a record player for Gary's birthday last year. He still has all his old LPs. Though we have Spotify it's nice to have the old fashioned vinyl sometimes 

I have hundreds of LP’s going back to the 60’s.My children bought me an old fashioned phonograph a few years ago so that I can play the records.I have several obscure one’s that nobody except possibly DaveKathy has ever heard of.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I was surprised how easy it is!  Important to make sure to save pasta water and add as necessary.  You can grate the cheese and mix it with the egg and pepper ahead of time.  It’s quick and delicious.

We love carbonara.  I sauté some mushrooms for my husband to add to it. I usually use bacon but love it with pancetta.  It’s easy, quick and delicious. Of course, there is the cholesterol issue……

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has a large cupboard full of  vinyls.  After throwing out all his VHS tapes, he said I am never going to play these vinyls  and wanted to throw them out too.  Talked him into keeping them because I think he would regret it later.

When we moved from NYC I got rid of hundreds of vinyls that I regret doing but I do not know where I would keep them now.When my younger daughter moved out of the house she left her cassette collection and vinyls stating that she would take them soon It has been nearly 20 years and they are still here.

• Like 3

When my sons were young, I was den mother for the Cub Scouts.  We did lots of science activities since I don’t do camping.  One of my favorites was to make a hovercraft.  You take an old record album and glue a thread spool so that the holes line up.  Then blow up a balloon and fit it over the spool.  As the air escapes the balloon it floats the record.  On a smooth surface like our garage floor it goes very well.  The boys loved it.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And I just read that some VHS tapes are now selling for almost $60,000.

I still have my entire collection of 800 VHS movies.The only one I have that has some value is a Casablanca that was a prize in a contest I entered .It is a Gold Edition. I never removed the wrapping.I also still have the newspaper story about me winning the contest.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Was at the hand surgeon’s today. Key word being surgeon.  Referred by my GP after two cortisone injections didn’t do what they were supposed to do. After examining my hand, he said ok, we’ll book you in for surgery in two weeks time. 
I said, oh I am having surgery?  I think he did an eye roll and then said what did you think was going to happen? I said I know you are a surgeon so surgery is obvious but I thought there may be other options first. Only other option is a third cortisone and he didn’t recommend so off to my third day surgery in 8 weeks to have a dequervains release procedure.  Pretty straightforward by the sounds of it so not worried.

Envious of everyone’s delicious cocktails.  It’s mulled wine & hot choc weather here 🧤🧣

Do you have Dupuytren’s Contracture?

Where the Dupuytren’s cord is prominent in your palm, and eventually grows to the point of pulling your little finger and ring finger toward your palm?

I had surgery for it on my left hand and am getting closer to needing it on my right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

I still have hundreds of albums and maybe almost a hundred of 45’s, my vhs player just broke , most like Will just throw out the few vhs tapes I have left . Hot day in Dallas will be in upper 90’s should be another good pool day. 

In the 50’s on every street corner in Brooklyn you could find guys singing trying to get a record label to sign them.In 1957 three of my friends and I went to a record label in Manhattan .The plan was to spend the fee of $5 each to get our song recorded.If it was liked we would receive a small sum of money and a record.Two of the guys never showed up so it was my friend B and I.During the recording I did not realize that it had started and I said to B “when will the begin ?”.Well ,I have the completed record with me asking the question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have hundreds!  I have all my 45s and a bunch of albums.  Most from the 60s.  

I have most of my 45’s and a few 78’s.I also have the one sided 78’s of Italian operas and several Enrico Caruso records that have the dates of the recording on the record.

I have a few LP’s that are the size of 45’s.

• Like 2

We just got a call from my daughter-in-law.  My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.  His leg is infected, he thinks from his excema.  Our family is really tired of one thing after another.

Sorry to hear this,Marietta.I hope that he gets better very soon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So, another year with the Cup south of the border.😱

The team maybe south of my border, but the Cup will spend multiple days in Canada with the team members that won it. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

The team maybe south of my border, but the Cup will spend multiple days in Canada with the team members that won it. 

Didn't realize you could 'check it out'

Can it go to Russia?

Lots of Russian players on the Bolts I hear

I think you and your family deserve a break for awhile.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't realize you could 'check it out'

Can it go to Russia?

Lots of Russian players on the Bolts I hear

Yes, each player gets the cup for a 24 hour period and can take it where they wish, along with the Keeper of the Cup close at hand. Not sure if the three or four (my guess) Russian players can take it home this year though, with the state of the world. The 15+ Canadians will have no problem though. 

That being said, when the Avalanche win it I know that it will be coming to London, Ontario.  Kadri gets his hair cut at the same barber shop that I go too, so I can get my photo with it again. 

• Like 6

@DaniDanielle  Marietta, hoping your son recovers quickly. 

Sitting here waiting for lunch, then therapy which is not too difficult since I'm only working on strengthening my good leg and arms to compensate for being unable to bare weight on my operated leg,  When I am cleared for weight bearing is when the pain will come in while doing therapy.  Surgeon appointment is on June 14th.  Hopefully, by then I will be fitted for a boot and commence heavy duty therapy.  This is a very long recovery to where I can go back to life as it was before I fell.

I am optimistic and know things will work out successfully.   Visits from family and friends continue to work their feel good magic.

Nurse woke me up at 3am for meds.  My fault since I should have remembered I didn't get my nighttime meds before I went to sleep....sigh.

Jack continues to ply me with goodies as well as a daily cup of Starbuck's.  I'll need to go on a diet when I get home!

Sorry to rant.  It's what I do best.😏

Love reading all your life stories and seeing all your beautiful photos..  

• Like 18

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Was 2 Broadway the building that had a bookstore on the street level ?I worked on Maiden Lane in 1968 and used to walk to Battery Park during my lunch hours ? 

I don't recall a bookstore on the street level.  Are you talking about inside the Lobby?  There was a bank on the left side corner of 2 Broadway...

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bragging time for me. My soon to be 18 year old granddaughter just texted to tell me that she was named the MVP of her high school Basketball team.

Congratulations to your granddaughter!🏀

17 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

A couple of years ago we had a layover in LA. I  started to chat with a couple of guys...it was the Commodores on a tour.  Had a great time talking.

Nice!!!

17 hours ago, dbancroft said:

My youngest daughter went to Orlando for the Megacon May 20th flew home the 23rd tested positive for covid on the 25th. She has been vaxed she said it felt like a very bad cold. She finally tested negative yesterday.

Same as when Jim had it in February.  I'm glad to hear she has now tested positive!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, each player gets the cup for a 24 hour period and can take it where they wish, along with the Keeper of the Cup close at hand. Not sure if the three or four (my guess) Russian players can take it home this year though, with the state of the world. The 15+ Canadians will have no problem though. 

That being said, when the Avalanche win it I know that it will be coming to London, Ontario.  Kadri gets his hair cut at the same barber shop that I go too, so I can get my photo with it again. 

I may have told this story already, but I got to touch the Stanley Cup in Fort Erie, ON.  Craig Ramsay had it for a day as an assistant coach the Lightning who won in 2004.  Not sure why he chose Fort Erie.  The Keeper of the Cup was not pleased but I was talking to Ramsay while standing next to the cup and touched it before he could stop me.  I played street hockey with Ramsay (and Don Luce, Ramsay's center on the Sabres checking line) a few times.  Ramsay and Luce were both friends of my neighbor's parents.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I don't recall a bookstore on the street level.  Are you talking about inside the Lobby?  There was a bank on the left side corner of 2 Broadway...

Congratulations to your granddaughter!🏀

Nice!!!

Same as when Jim had it in February.  I'm glad to hear she has now tested positive!