Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Also he have a whole family of chipmunks that are tearing up our Hosta garden. Not sure what to do. They are cute but they are making holes and tunnels all over.

Yup, they sure are cute.  I hate them for what they do around here, though!  

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

A big difference in the temperature today.

I am sitting in the sun to warm up 

16583272176773284508355553260936.jpg

Glad to hear the weather's not sweltering for you today!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No good at all... just annoying pests... I think we now have a new "model" of mosquitos here, the "stealth" ones... we don't hear them, don't see them -- only their huge bites 😢

Well, gone again... I have the feeling that someone is following this thread, and grabs all the cabins which I've found for @DaniDanielle....

But I'm not going to give up, until Marietta tells me she's found one 😉

It is odd how quick they disappear.   I wonder if Royal up has anything to do it.   Sure hoping she gets one soon.😀

• Like 2

Lioness- We have many of the same critters in our yard. In thirty eight years of living here, I have only seen one snake- a garden snake- and that one was one too many !😳

We have possum,deer (lots of deer) ,cardinals,finches,blue jays and crows. The bane of my hubby’s existence are the voles that took up residence about three years ago. We could blame it on Covid (?!) or the fact that the neighbor’s outdoor cat went to his reward about the same time as the voles appearance. He was a mouser or should I say voler?

My hubby tried putting mint gum in the voles’ holes as well as the stakes that vibrate  and scare them away. That is a lot of gum and stakes for a half acre property !

Finally, we hired an exterminator. There are bait boxes all around the perimeter of our yard which the tech checks every month.They must be working as we haven't seen any voles or evidence thereof.

Stay cool everyone. It was 82 degrees at 10 AM,predicted to go over 90 here on the North Fork of Long Island. Too hot to even go to the beach- at least that is my opinion. We will stay in the AC,sip cool drinks and have deli for dinner. Sounds like a good day to me !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6

The Royal guy I spoke with says it happens to them also.  He was in the middle of a booking one time and the cabin went poof!  I have the TA working on it so we shall see.  Hoping something comes up, my daughter has not been feeling well, stress I am sure.  She needs a break.

• Like 4

On 7/19/2022 at 2:38 AM, Luckynana said:

We're all pulling for your daughter and grands, Marietta!🤞

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hoping something comes up, my daughter has not been feeling well, stress I am sure.  She needs a break.

Indeed she and her kids do. As Maryann said...

Sorry that the time difference between us is detrimental... The cabin for 3 was free for many hours when "you'all" were asleep 😢

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Indeed she and her kids do. As Maryann said...

Sorry that the time difference between us is detrimental... The cabin for 3 was free for many hours when "you'all" were asleep 😢

I am going to try in the middle of the night.  The lady from Royal suggested that and early morning, we shall see🤞

• Like 3

How about we condense stuff for Robyn.

We all love cruising and our families.

some of us love our jobs.

Some of us have dealt with illnesses and other setbacks and we all are here for each other.

We enjoy certain tv shows and movies and books also.

We especially love food and drinks!!!!!All kinds😃

Add whatever needs adding…….

I forgot, how could I but we all love Dani❤️

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad is 84. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  He insists on buying us something. To make it easy for him I said, I would love a box of chocolates from Coles (supermarket).  He goes twice a week.  Last night I opened my gift. Two storage containers of chocolates. Omg. F74835DC-2556-4804-8E47-08C9FABFEC54.thumb.jpeg.b31bfd183c3861441a12dd48054aee55.jpeg He said he spent $100 on wine for my brother’s birthday last month and it is only fair that he spent the same amount on me…….

(84 and still making sure his children are treated exactly the same)

Hope you enjoyed your birthday.  What a great dad you have🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Welcome to Dani's thread , it's great to hear from people in other countries and about their everyday lives. I feel I know people well now.  I was lucky to meet Dani last month and hope one day to meet others in this group in person one day

BTW I love your reviews 

I have been on cruises with RJ and her husband.

I was on a cruise with Marietta but did not get to meet her .

• Like 4

We have been in Europe for a river cruise the last few weeks.  Today I went to the grocery to fill up my empty refrigerator.  I knew prices had gone up, but was quite surprised that eggs were $4.15 a dozen.  And that’s the Publix store brand ones, not the fancy ones!  Is South Carolina an anomaly or is this everywhere?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

16583272176773284508355553260936.jpg

I think that's a good position to be in. Cheers!

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Add whatever needs adding…….

Though all of us are different and live all over the world we are all really the same.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ATG said:

We have been in Europe for a river cruise the last few weeks.  Today I went to the grocery to fill up my empty refrigerator.  I knew prices had gone up, but was quite surprised that eggs were $4.15 a dozen.  And that’s the Publix store brand ones, not the fancy ones!  Is South Carolina an anomaly or is this everywhere?

Same here  I actually happened to notice that the Eggland's Best eggs were less than the Publix ones last week so I got them instead.  First time I have bought name brand eggs😇

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Same here  I actually happened to notice that the Eggland's Best eggs were less than the Publix ones last week so I got them instead.  First time I have bought name brand eggs😇

Lol, I didn’t even think to look!

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Eggland's Best have been cheaper up here too.  They are the eggs I usually buy, especially if I am making a cheesecake.  They are so much better than the store brand where I shop.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ATG said:

Lol, I didn’t even think to look!

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Eggland's Best have been cheaper up here too.  They are the eggs I usually buy, especially if I am making a cheesecake.  They are so much better than the store brand where I shop.

I never looked at anything other than the Publix brand but just happened to wonder how much the name brand ones were.  Surprised me  They are very good  they taste a bit fresher whatever that means

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I never looked at anything other than the Publix brand but just happened to wonder how much the name brand ones were.  Surprised me  They are very good  they taste a bit fresher whatever that means

I swear the Market Basket I shop at will take the store brand eggs that have broken eggs and make a good dozen that they can sell.  They constantly have eggs on the shelf with expired dates or very short dates and I am not sure if they combine dates.  Sometimes when I have bought the store brand, the albumen is completely watery when you go to make a fried egg and that means it is old.  The Eggland's always have really intact whites and bright yolks, so I stick with those, though it is hard to pass up a cheap sale on the store brand. 😄

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good advice for any internet gathering place.  Don't feed the trolls.  Politely suggesting, angrily admonishing, or replying in any way at all just encourages them and gives them the satisfaction that they want.  Completely ignoring, although sometimes difficult, is usually the best. 

I just reported the posts last night. I wanted to respond but thought better of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Graham,  glad you can enjoy your backyard.  So peaceful. Our temp today is 107 again with100+ temps predicted for the next 7 days.  Probably beyond that too.  I don't remember when it rained last or when temps were below 100.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope you enjoyed your birthday.  What a great dad you have🥰

Echoing the above to aussielozzie! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2