Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 7/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

My Nana felt this way when she was 96.  Once she was no longer able to drive and unable to live by herself and refused to move in with my parents and didn't want anyone staying with her.   We moved her to assisted living.   She was in good health, very active.  At first she was OK with new place then about 6 months later she told us she was done.   She decided to stop eating.  My Mother would beg her to eat.   I would sit and listen to why she didn't want to be alive anymore.  It made sense to me so I would sit with her for hours several times a week talking about everything and anything.

My Mother would ask me to get her to eat.  I  said No. I am respecting her wishes.  She passed within 2 weeks.  

Her home had called family the night before she passed and told us it will happen very soon as she was fading away.

I went there early that morning and took her some hershey kisses, she always loved them.   She ate 2 or 3 kisses.  Asked if I would be okay.  I told her i would be fine after everything she taught me on how to be a strong independent woman.  I told her to close her eyes and have happy thoughts as she was an amazing woman.   

I left in tears knowing that would be the last time.   I went to work and half later I got the call she had passed.   The nurse said she was gone moments after I left.   

My Mom had a real tough time in understanding and kept wanting to know what I said to her and what she said.   Eventually my Mom understood.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy what time you have with her and try your best to understand and appreciate her wishes.💖

Oh Debbie, I'm in tears 😢 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm definitely not an expert buy I have grown jalapeno and they usually are stubby dark green with firm skin so the on the bottom right could be but the grower said the peppers were not hot.

I have not grown pablano but they are also a dark green, mild pepper so the one on the right corner could be a pablano but hard to say for sure.

IMO, these all look like mild peppers.

I thought they were banana peppers which I raised one year.  Great pickled on hot dogs or brats.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I don't think the thread has gone south personally but if it has,maybe  it's because certain posters like to stir the pot and take a "shot" at others but don't like it  when they are on the receiving end of a "shot". The old saying is still true: If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

This is supposed to be a friendly thread where people leave their differences outside. And that is true 99.9999% of the time. If there is any kind of personality conflict between people, they should just use the ignore button or scroll on by their post.

Just my opinion. Looking forward to the next cute pet picture.

Tahdah!

Gus is hoping for a bird.

1503C8AE-CFDC-49A2-B8B8-574062B37BB3.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Then we joined an evening bum boat cruise that passed under the illuminated bridges and past the Merlin fountain and across to58F91C69-F67F-4C0E-957C-1683553B0B79.thumb.jpeg.1800b5bc2a6785da74735bcab822565d.jpeg

DC96B700-755F-425F-B30C-716BDC7E7E5B.thumb.jpeg.8bcb57cdb3f09f8672027f5a46140c5c.jpeg

see the light show at Marina Bay Sands Hotel.  My photo is poor quality but the light show & dancing fountains were worth seeing.

Thank you for posting all of your wonderful photos.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@aussielozzie18 - Loved your Singapore pics.  Thanks for posting.  I've been there a couple of times on business travel so I didn't have enough time to do many of the things that you did. Went to the top of Marina Bay Sands for a drink, rode the Singapore Flyer, also ate at one of the restaurants on the river at Clarke Quay.  We stayed both times in the Orchard Street area.  It's amazing how much of that area you can walk through without ever going outside in the heat.  Like many of the places that I was fortunate enough to visit on business travel, I'd love to go back and spend more time there now that I'm retired.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I thought they were banana peppers which I raised one year.  Great pickled on hot dogs or brats.

yes, the bulk of them is banana peppers but Baily and Sophie was questioning if 2 of the peppers were something else and after closer look at the photo it is possible there may be a poblano or jalapeno pepper in the mix.    

I agree.    I have pickled them as well as cucumbers in the past and they are so much better than what you buy in the store.    I made cheesesteaks for dinner last night and put some on our sandwiches, yummy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Homeward bound

Gas in Easton Ohio. 

stay safe.  

CB413D0F-4CD4-46E3-AC78-715CDA535DC5.jpeg

It is 3.81 at your Sam’s Club.  We filled up there yesterday. 

still 4.65 here in PA.  Got to love our high taxes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was in tears after I typed that.     She was a truly amazing and dearly miss her.

Debbie, I am sorry I missed your original post and was glad it was quoted so I could read what an exceptional loving granddaughter you were.

@aussielozzie18Your pictures never disappoint.  These are amazing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We had the pleasure, but only for 2 days before our cruise.

I like orchids, and I'm sorry I couldn't visit more 😢

Dani , which city or trip has been the most interesting for you , so far ? 

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take care Lenny.

Pauline and I send you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for your good health and a successful outcome with your Cardiologist meeting on Monday.

Graham.

You and Pauline are wonderful people .Right now I am looking forward to the party tomorrow.I told my children that I do not want any gifts.Friendships are more important to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

CB413D0F-4CD4-46E3-AC78-715CDA535DC5.jpeg

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It is 3.81 at your Sam’s Club.  We filled up there yesterday. 

still 4.65 here in PA.  Got to love our high taxes. 

Same with NY. $4.70 for regular & $5.39 for premium.  Filled up both cars yesterday, the tanks on both were almost empty. The SUV with regular for $75 and the Saab convertible with Premium for $80.

Yep, spent $155 on gas yesterday. The only good thing is the Saab is pretty much just an around town car so a full tank should last 3-4 weeks.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

I have read a few explanations of main board vs. Floataway.  I too feel if it ain't broke don't fix it and am very happy with this thread on the main board.    Whatever personal stuff I post in here is "out there" and can be read by anyone no matter where the thread is listed.  I admit to sometimes scrolling down the list in Floataway to see what's going on.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Am I not getting it?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Oh, and the price of diesel is still pretty high ensuring everything we need to buy will continue to go up in price. 😒

We passed a gas station not far from us with regular at $3.69.  A bargain!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Not sure how many of you have had the pleasure of visiting Singapore but thought I’d share some photos of the week my Dad & I spent there.  Doing a repositioning cruise from Singapore to Sydney is on my bucket list.

Lovely aussie, I use to live there as a child for three years. We had planned a holiday March 2020 to Thailand and Singapore but obviously it didn't happen .....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Taxis are inexpensive in Singapore and they were always available at our apartment complex.  The next day we caught a taxi from our apartment to the Battlebox Museum at Fort Canning.  Dad had no idea what I was taking him to.  It is a underground bunker that was the command headquarters of the Malaya campaign during WWII.  It was where Singapore surrendered to the Japanese in 1942.  The guided tour was fascinating.  Dad was pleased I booked it.A10C1285-2A1C-47C4-AA11-9C64F716B484.thumb.jpeg.4f689983fa8b223bbb5ebaa6e2329361.jpeg

My DH would of loved this , and I would of loved the gardens 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

Good news on the ankle front.  My Physical Therapist told me yesterday that I would be out of my wheelchair and walking with the aid of a walker in 2 weeks.  He had me walk a bit with a walker and although a bit painful I succeeded in not faltering.  He said I have to be positive and not be afraid that I might fall or hurt my ankle which is loaded with titanium hardware and will not be damaged taking regular steps.

I can't wait to put this wheelchair into storage.  Hopefully, the walker will follow but not sure how long I will need it.  I just don't want to rely on the walker when I don't actually need it.  My friend's husband fell, nothing broken, no surgery and refuses to walk without a walker.  He has no other history of falling.  He's just afraid.  I don't want that to be me.

• Like 19

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Not sure how many of you have had the pleasure of visiting Singapore but thought I’d share some photos of the week my Dad & I spent there.  

Thank you for all the beautiful pictures of Singapore.  We were supposed to be there in March 2021, sight see for a few days and then board the brand new Ovation OTS from Singapore to around the ports in Japan and then the Trans Baring Seas to Seattle.  It was so disappointing it got cancelled because of the virus.  But we did board the Ovation in September 2021 when cruises opened up again and went from Seattle to Alaska.  

Glad you got to explore Singapore with your dad.  That’s very special.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1