Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Really? Always had a top freezer, so the food is at eye level. The other house has a bottom freezer and French doors. We really haven't put much in it, but I can just imagine it being a giant pit, that I put things in... never to be seen again. LOL. 😃

I spend more time checking what's in the fridge than I do the freezer so I prefer the fridge being eye level. 

Although I also haven't seen the bottom of the freezer in some time either. It's possible there is a free supermarket turkey from 2012 at the bottom 😁. So I do see your point.

• Haha 7

Wife heard something a humming noise from fridge , we had a contract with Best Buy but that expired last month and for some reason Best Buy didn’t call us to renew which we definitely would have done , we are told part is a thousand so time for a new fridge. Will look at Lowes who gives me a ten percent discount since I am a veteran, not my choice got drafted 50 something years ago. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

realizing I’m never going to be able to retire….it’s a harsh reality 😭 

I just wanna quit and travel the world 🤣

Keep saying Power Ball, Power Ball, Power Ball !   800 Million for the next drawing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

speaking of fridges, Nate had to fix ours tonight as it has not producing ice

I wish he could come over and fix ours. about 3 weeks ago it stopped dispensing water. We thought filter so ordered a new one still no water or ice. We thought the line could be frozen so we raised the temperature still no water or ice. Now I think it could be the part that opens and shuts the valve to let water go up into the ice maker. Linda has ordered a part and we will see if we can install it ourselves. Considering the fridge is 10 years old and works great except for the problem. I'm not crazy about buying a new one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

speaking of fridges, Nate had to fix ours tonight as it has not producing ice

8D93179F-7BED-482E-92D3-68249FFB42A7.jpeg

Was Nate able to fix it?  Your pup is standing guard!

57 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Any money in being a travel blogger?

I certainly would subscribe based on @singinalotCrystal's reviews on CC.

54 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It used to be a regular fridge, but then a big tree fell on it. 

Mom's House 12-3-2011 009.JPG

Mom's House 12-3-2011 011.JPG

Mom's House 12-3-2011 015.JPG

O M G!!!  I hated to click the "like" button but there was no better option.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Holy _____ that is one way to get a new kitchen, and roof and windows and other rooms too?

Yes. Mom was out of the house for almost year. Poor mom, she was on the other side of island counter in the kitchen when the trees came down in a windstorm. (2011) New roof, kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, living room, and new floors because it pushed the kitchen appliances down in the basement. 

We were fortunate, there was a company doing salvage logging after the storm, and they just plucked the tree out of the house. (No Charge) There were 9 or so trees down in her cul-de-sac. It was a huge tree, you can see that the top of the one that hit the house, went all the way out to the street. 

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Time for a kitchen remodel for sure .

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

O M G!!!  I hated to click the "like" button but there was no better option.

It looks fine now; I will post a photo or two. But it was a long process. Thanks. ☺️

Mom's House 12-3-2011 024.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought the same thing!  I thought the dog was barking at him while he was on the seat!  I thought,  what does this have to do with fixing a fridge.   😆 

Multi-tasking!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

One last comment. It is funny on the news reports, when they show trees hitting houses from the outside. The amount of devastation inside, is what is incredible! ☺️And just to make it cruise related. We were supposed to sail on Voyager out of NOLA in 10 days for pre-Christmas. She called me up that day to cancel, because her cat was sick. 😒 I was really mad at her. But then the tree fell on her house the same day and rendered dwelling uninhabitable, so she was able to have full recovery with travel insurance. 

She called me and said, "A bad thing happened". I went up for a week, to take care of things and filed her claim ..with photos! ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish he could come over and fix ours. about 3 weeks ago it stopped dispensing water. We thought filter so ordered a new one still no water or ice. We thought the line could be frozen so we raised the temperature still no water or ice. Now I think it could be the part that opens and shuts the valve to let water go up into the ice maker. Linda has ordered a part and we will see if we can install it ourselves. Considering the fridge is 10 years old and works great except for the problem. I'm not crazy about buying a new one.

Nothing to replacing the water shut off valves.  Done that a couple times with ours.  Good luck.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no.

I hope no one was hurt.

I'm sorry to see this damage to your house.

Thank you, Graham. It was originally my mom's house. She did have to go to urgent care, briefly, because of shock and her heart issues. But no one was injured. And she was fine. (She is since deceased) The neighbors said it looked like a bomb went off, because of the sound and exploding debris in the air. ☺️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you, Graham. It was originally my mom's house. She did have to go to urgent care, briefly, because of shock and her heart issues. But no one was injured. And she was fine. (She is since deceased) The neighbors said it looked like a bomb went off, because of the sound and exploding debris in the air. ☺️

I'm sorry to hear about your mam.

Our condolences for you and your family.

Graham.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your mam.

Our condolences for you and your family.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham. It was quite some time ago, (3 years) and she was almost 90. Her family is just me, alone. And I don't quite have the memorials that you do for your parents. I think it is lovely how you remember them. ☺️

Mom is in a box in the garage. Along with the boxes of ashes of her 8 cats. Her request was to be distributed with them. Which we will do, when Bobby finally moves on. I sincerely appreciate your condolences. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 6:38 PM, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I had my hips x-rayed this morning.

Afterwards we went for some lunch.

I will be 66 tomorrow and start claiming our government old age pension.👍

IMG_20221026_123640.jpg

I'm so far behind you will of had your birthday now. But I hope you had a special day and congrats on getting your state pension. Mine started 9 months ago 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I'm so far behind you will of had your birthday now. But I hope you had a special day and congrats on getting your state pension. Mine started 9 months ago 

Thank you Sue.

I had a lazy day at home with Pauline then we had a nice Italian meal with our Sarah.

Graham.

• Like 7

Interesting story about mom. She passed away on a trip and vacation in a hospital that was about 5 hours from where we live. We went up to say goodbye (she was unconscious) before she passed away. Folks in the US may be familiar with the Neptune Society. I have nothing but great and wonderful things to say about their services! 😃 They took care of everything and took care of mailing mom. 

I told our outstanding mail carrier that we were expecting mail delivery of my mom. (She had a tracking number) And he waited until we were home from work, so that he could deliver her in person and express his personal condolences. I guess I was thinking about her, because her birthday was Oct. 24th. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 21