Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Sounds like a great itinerary for a long weekend.  I'd be interested on your thoughts on Keen's steakhouse. I've never been but its' on my bucket list as I'm a carnivore.  Peter Luger in Brooklyn or Gallagher's are the usual gold standards of NYC steakhouses. 

Across the street from Keens is a Irish sports bar called The Keg Room, one of my pre-game, post-game watering holes when attending NY Ranger games. 🙂

I like Gallagher’s .Surprisingly I never went to Peter Luger even though I lived in Brooklyn nearly 60 years.My favorite watering hole in Manhattan was McSorely’s.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Most of time my breakfast is not that extravagant. At home, usually it's a bowl of cereal or a English muffin with jelly.  But put me in a diner and I'm all about the Lumberjack Special or the HungryMan Plate.

Once a month I have oatmeal instead of the toast.Occasionaly an English muffin.On cruises I have pancakes or waffles for breakfast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Phillies  5   Astros 5  

How come Dusty Baker wears the rubber gloves? is that incase he loses the toothpick in his mouth?

Phillies scored more in 5 innings than the Yankees did in 3 games. 😠

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The 10 day forecast is looking good. Highs in the high 60's, plenty of sun.  Downright tropical for our Canadian friends and @Ocean Boy  🙂😉

Same forecast here.I hope that it stays that way for the rest of the year.When I was younger I used to go upstate to engage in Winter sports.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe it was just a parting shot by Judge? Didn't give him what he wanted , a new contract before the season started this past year.

The Red Sox had The Curse of the Bambino for 86 years. Do I have The Curse of Judge to look forward to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

given all the luggage concerns with airlines, I got us these air tags on sale this week

71AE8C85-A03B-445C-828C-13F03EED734D.thumb.jpeg.5ac8de068cef77f4e436333ccaa08fe1.jpeg

We fly Delta nonstop to La Guardia next Friday 🤞 Several plans in the works for our weekend in NYC: Tavern on the Green, Central Park, Keen’s steakhouse, 9/11 Memorial, Brooklyn, Meatpacking district

got the hair done today for the tripE06F56E3-5628-40ED-AF81-20DA147045CA.thumb.jpeg.a2f4d1e19a69b31c1a2cda82b7a9f343.jpeg

and finally, tonight’s sunset

Nice photo ! You look fantastic in pastels .  My SIL ate at Jean Georges and raved about it .  Her sister dined at Tavern on the Green and she gave it a 👍.  NYC is my favorite travel destination.  I hope , you get to accomplish everything on your spreadsheet.  No Broadway play ? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe it was just a parting shot by Judge? Didn't give him what he wanted , a new contract before the season started this past year.

I do not think he will be a Yankee next season.I think he will be on the west coast,either the Giants or the Dodgers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Nice photo ! You look fantastic in pastels .  My SIL ate at Jean Georges and raved about it .  Her sister dined at Tavern on the Green and she gave it a 👍.  NYC is my favorite travel destination.  I hope , you get to accomplish everything on your spreadsheet.  No Broadway play ? 

Jean Georges is considered by many to be the best restaurant in Manhattan.In my opinion the best is One if by Land,Two if by Sea.

Tavern on the Green is very good too.I also really like Pete’s Tavern.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The Red Sox had The Curse of the Bambino for 86 years. Do I have The Curse of Judge to look forward to?

I doubt that.I think they need some different players.The Yankees always had star players at every position that everyone was familiar with even if they did not follow baseball.Now they have some players that I never heard of before .

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

We fly Delta nonstop to La Guardia next Friday 🤞 Several plans in the works for our weekend in NYC: Tavern on the Green, Central Park, Keen’s steakhouse, 9/11 Memorial, Brooklyn, Meatpacking district

Yay!  Love NYC, it's one of my favorite cities on the planet (Vancouver BC is a close 2nd, New Orleans and Paris also up there).  We try to go every year around Christmastime. 

It's such a uniquely American city, nowhere else like it. I think it was the playwright Tennessee Williams who once said something like "America has three cities...New York, New Orleans, and San Francisco.  Everywhere else is Cleveland."

Keen's is great and historical...the mutton chop can be amazing.  We always find new and incredible places to eat.  A few of them on on our repeat list almost every visit (John's of Bleeker St. or Juliana's for pizza). Chinatown in Brooklyn is a wonderful place to eat...warm egg tarts are divine.

IMG_1133.JPG.156c1175436cac95a250675e2787a344.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

I am a fan of afternoon naps also, have done it on cruises for decades since I like staying up late listening to music or gambling and want to wake up early enough for breakfast.  I am sure we would all like to that picture with you and Charlie.

Stay tuned. Working on it.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My average is probably 5 hours (6 at most) and even that is not a steady sleep.   

With my blood pressure med I get up about every two hours to go to the bathroom. That's why I usually sleep for 7-9 hours.

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

given all the luggage concerns with airlines, I got us these air tags on sale this week

71AE8C85-A03B-445C-828C-13F03EED734D.thumb.jpeg.5ac8de068cef77f4e436333ccaa08fe1.jpeg

I like the air tags. Are they exact? No but for the most part they can give you some peace of mind when traveling. Funny thing on the ship every time I left the cabin I got a notice that my luggage was left behind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We are an hour late and still haven't left yet. Doesn't seem like the engines are on. 🤷‍♀️ They have been calling 2 people. If we don't leave soon it's going to be to dark for the video. 

20221029_184209.thumb.jpg.71317bf9296961663bad9f780e497467.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

On 10/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, singinalot said:

speaking of fridges, Nate had to fix ours tonight as it has not producing ice

8D93179F-7BED-482E-92D3-68249FFB42A7.jpeg

I thought well that's an odd picture. You said Nate so I zoned in on him first. It looks like the bathroom door is open and he's on the toilet. 😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

But still less than 7 hours and I usually feel groggy the next morning. 

Same here, you sleep, but you don't wake up refreshed like after a "natural" sleep.

One of the reasons I've stopped taking sleeping pills. I reached the conclusion that after a sleepless night, I usually get 2 or even 3 nights of good, natural sleep.... Rinse and repeat....

• Like 5

On 10/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, Coralc said:

It used to be a regular fridge, but then a big tree fell on it. 

Mom's House 12-3-2011 015.JPG

That’s a huge tree. Glad she was ok.

On 10/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, Jimbo said:

Looks like he is sitting on the crapper..........

That’s hat I first saw also.

18 hours ago, NHProud said:

Our friend donated his body to our local medical school .  UCSD took care of everything from the retrieval of his body from his home to the cremation and distribution of his ashes in the Pacific Ocean . There is an annual memorial service for the families.  

It was an altruistic gift . I would have to think really hard about doing this .  

We said we would donate our organs if anything was wanted or if it’s to late then science/medical. The way we see it is we’ll be dead so we won’t know what happens. That and we won’t feel a thing. 😀 Plus if it helps someone else it’s a bonus.

13 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The sun goes down…

5AAB78FD-8979-4F94-8CCF-AD6093F2BF75.thumb.jpeg.8bdbf435e792f31f1744d0dc5ff6434e.jpeg

And the moon comes up 

F2B3CFA3-189E-4F2A-92D7-994A655C485F.thumb.jpeg.8efc9ab29a3145ec2ed465431a4c8459.jpeg

Beautiful pictures. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 5