Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Perfect solution.  I want to be cremated and spread over our property.  

Our friend donated his body to our local medical school .  UCSD took care of everything from the retrieval of his body from his home to the cremation and distribution of his ashes in the Pacific Ocean . There is an annual memorial service for the families.  

It was an altruistic gift . I would have to think really hard about doing this .  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🤞 that tomorrow you finally board the Odyssey 🤞

Thank you, Dani!  I guess tomorrow we can test to see if we board Odyssey Monday.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photos.

Thank you, Graham!

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love this picture!  Perfect timing.  You guys indeed made some great lemonade.  How are you feeling?  Any lingering symptoms?

I’m feeling fine.  No more symptoms.  It seemed like the cold got better and now gone.

DH is the adventurous one.  He’s really taking advantage of the amenities here.  He’s out there paddle boarding and kayaking again.  If there were any waves, he’d try to surf.   I came back inside because there’s too many mosquitoes for me.  I get bit left and right.  He’s rode the bike into town to explore yesterday.  This morning he rode the bike to the golf course and played golf.  He claims he played pretty good.  He tested negative a few days ago so  he’s making the best of everything.

It’s been 10 days since I tested in Civitavecchia so I just did a test today to see where I stand.  I am very pleased to let you all know that I tested Negative!  I just hope it stays that way for the eMed test before we board the ship.  I feel like I won the lottery.

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

There was an Elvis sighting this morning. (Along with a bat). 

A4DB6F98-3876-4A73-9AA7-A7C8B7ABB05B.thumb.jpeg.e71b19aaf4d84e52889922f8eb09398d.jpeg

I don’t know of any other 10 year olds that know the lyrics to so many Elvis songs.  It seems his favorite is Burning Love.  🤣🤣

Lord Almighty, Feel  my temperature rising!

I got my granddaughter hooked on Elvis when she was little.  She is 14 now and is into vinyl records, including Elvis.  She loved the Elvis movie and her friend is jealous that I saw him in person in Vegas!  I love that these young kids are into the older stuff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

My quote disappeared!  I knew CC would get me!!! Anyway, I said my granddaughter is into Elvis from when we would sing his songs when she was little.  She is into vinyl records now, including Elvis.  She saw the Elvis movie and loved it.  Her friend is jealous that I saw Elvis live in Vegas😁 Your grandchildren are gorgeous🥰

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you, Dani!  I guess tomorrow we can test to see if we board Odyssey Monday.

Thank you, Graham!

I’m feeling fine.  No more symptoms.  It seemed like the cold got better and now gone.

DH is the adventurous one.  He’s really taking advantage of the amenities here.  He’s out there paddle boarding and kayaking again.  If there were any waves, he’d try to surf.   I came back inside because there’s too many mosquitoes for me.  I get bit left and right.  He’s rode the bike into town to explore yesterday.  This morning he rode the bike to the golf course and played golf.  He claims he played pretty good.  He tested negative a few days ago so  he’s making the best of everything.

It’s been 10 days since I tested in Civitavecchia so I just did a test today to see where I stand.  I am very pleased to let you all know that I tested Negative!  I just hope it stays that way for the eMed test before we board the ship.  I feel like I won the lottery.

Congratulations on the negative test!  The TA should be a go!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you for the reminder of why I need to keep my guard up.

You should not disclose your last name ever in my opinion because somebody who could be your friend one day might not feel that way another time and disclose information that you do not wish to have known.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, George C said:

Wife heard something a humming noise from fridge , we had a contract with Best Buy but that expired last month and for some reason Best Buy didn’t call us to renew which we definitely would have done , we are told part is a thousand so time for a new fridge. Will look at Lowes who gives me a ten percent discount since I am a veteran, not my choice got drafted 50 something years ago. 

Sorry to hear about your fridge troubles.    I hope inventory/stock is better where you are then what we ran into with a couple of the fridges that were our first choices. 

You earned that discount😃   Thank you for your service!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear about your fridge troubles.    I hope inventory/stock is better where you are then what we ran into with a couple of the fridges that were our first choices. 

You earned that discount😃   Thank you for your service!

I know we had to wait months for the washer dryer we wanted. Wife wants a brand new kitchen with matching appliances, so we maybe will hope fridge keeps running until we get new kitchen in approximately 3 months, she gets a large bonus then. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, George C said:

I know we had to wait months for the washer dryer we wanted. Wife wants a brand new kitchen with matching appliances, so we maybe will hope fridge keeps running until we get new kitchen in approximately 3 months, she gets a large bonus then. 

Fingers-crossed that your fridge holds out that long. If not, consider plan B: a B2B2B....B2B cruise until the new kitchen is ready. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 6