Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Everyone here helped me calm my experience while taking care of my mom as she died.  I appreciate everyone for that 

I'm so sorry Lucas. I thought that might have happened. And you took such good care of her, for such a long time. That is the ordained order of things. That parents generally pass away before we do. Losing your mom is so hard, though. I am very sad for your loss. I still miss my mom. I hope that Oliver is of some comfort, as you go through all of the stuff.  ☺️

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Again.  I feel I have said too much.   I’m very sorry to say things that most guys don’t like.   I’m one tho g on my mind and very different in real life.   I’m sorry HBE4 yiu re an awesome man that loves his family 😎

Don't Worry About It! It is easy to stress about message boards, and what you might have said. But your stress is misplaced, and no one thinks or cares about what you might have said. People think about it about it, because you have had a significant life event, and will express sincere sympathy. But any malapropism will be quickly forgotten. No Worries! ☺️

• Like 3

On 12/8/2022 at 7:35 AM, HBE4 said:

On a happier, more upbeat note - as this is a cruising forum - I’d figured I’d share that our last cruise was 4 years ago, Nov 2018. It was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Once married, I not only gained a wife but a daughter as well, in what I call a “2-for-the-price-of-1” package deal.  It only made sense to include my step-daughter on the cruise as well.  As she was living in Houston, TX at the time, we decided to sail out of Galveston on Liberty of the Seas.  Which brought us full circle as Liberty was our first ever cruise ship back in 2009 in which we fell in love with cruising. After the 2nd day of that first cruise, we looked at each other and asked: "Why have we not been doing this our entire lives?" What the heck, here are a few pictures from the 2018 cruise.

Me and the Mrs.

1338231247_MetheMrs..thumb.jpg.51e114bde478e18ce4cd6f31b1f563f3.jpg

My wife and her daughter. It was her daughters first time ever cruising and sadly, the only time she’d cruise with her mom.  So excited we were to share our cruising experiences with her, to see it thru her eyes, it was like we were on our first cruise all over again.  All three of us refer to it as the best vacation we’ve ever had, of any vacations with anybody our entire lives.

112679698_MomandDaugter.thumb.jpg.8bebc916010abac69a9ba7b0b7a52f62.jpg

Me and Little Miss HBE4.  She was 4 years old when I first started dating her mom, 11 when I married her mom and since then, has always referred to me as her “real dad” vs her “biological dad” that drifted in and out of her life. All these years later, she is not the least bit ashamed, and dare I say, actually enjoys hanging with dear old step-dad.  

1925626045_SDI.thumb.jpeg.c14ed10c20e16344dabe6d2b2fcc432a.jpeg

This picture is nicknamed “Pompous HBE4” as I proudly show off the 2 lovely ladies in my life. Blessed am I.

112564934_PompousMe.jpg.04a8a013735c4093a35b62c48cfc9ddb.jpg

This last picture would sum us up as who we are as a famliy. My wife had a zest for life, always the glass-is-half-full, “Life Is Good” attitude. I fully intend to live life as she would want me to. Cheers to all the kind folks on this thread!

Cheers.jpg.78535c88fe3b0d7a5e7641546717bbf5.jpg

Dear @HBE4I'm in tears hearing your sad news but also your amazing love story.

How precious those years together are. She looks wonderful and both her and her daughter shine with an inner radiance.

May your wife rest in peace 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Everyone here helped me calm my experience while taking care of my mom as she died.  I appreciate everyone for that 

So sorry to hear about your mum. Even if it's expected its so hard to lose a loved one. From what you've shared in the past it sounds like you have done an amazing job looking after her when she needed you most. May your mum rest in peace 🙏 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I’m very sorry for the loss of your Mom.  May she  rest in peace and may you find solace in knowing you gave her such great care.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

So sorry for your loss.   You were a wonderful Son and I'm sure your Mom appreciated everything you did.  May she Rest in Peace🙏

I hope you and Oliver are doing better every day.   🥰

• Like 2

I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing.  Sending our condolences and good wishes for you.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your mom's passing, condolences to you and your family.

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Starting off our frosty morning, watching a sick granddaughter.  

It appears the Elf escaped from the light, and landed in a cup of cocoa this morning. 

3875448B-807E-4051-8A9A-88652F487493.thumb.jpeg.42cb2d824bd3c4e2ca5cde3ceaa7a678.jpeg

How cute.  I am torn on whether I would have wanted these elves around when my kids were young or not.  Such cute ideas I see, lots to live up to.

• Like 2

Here’s our Christmas tree- every year we think about replacing it, then a cat climbs into it, and we say, “Maybe next year”. Apparently antique ornaments are fashionable now- my tree has my great-grandparent’s, grandparent’s and parent’s ornaments. The cats don’t climb high (now), the bottom is non breakable stuff.

And my oldest son is back from his deployment- the dog will be leaving after Christmas. The cats are thankful! 

12567410-9D8B-47F2-B84F-D8E1681BC66E.jpeg

• Like 19

@LucasLikesToCruise Lucas, please accept my condolences for the loss of your Mom.

My husband and I were caretakers for my Mother who lived with us and passed at 93. Taking care of a loved one is not always an easy task. There were difficulties caring for Mom to be truthful. She would often say that she wished she could help us more with her care. I would say that all she needed to do was cooperate.

With all those difficult times,there were plenty of good times too and we certainly loved each other.

In the end, I wouldn’t have done anything differently.

Please take to heart that you were a good son who cared for his mother.

I wish you peace and a healing heart.

MJ

• Like 8