Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

The beautiful kitty that DD is cat sitting needs to have his meal heated in the microwave for 6 secs before he will eat 🙄

We had a lightning storm the night before last.  DD messaged us last night to say the power had been obviously been impacted because she wasn’t able to heat up her dinner leftovers in the microwave (plus half of the power points weren’t working).

I said oh no about her dinner but also how will kitty go without his food being heated up.

Turns out kitty has no issue eating his dinner unzapped.  He was just being a Prince.

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, a terrorist opened fire on one of the busiest streets in Tel-Aviv.  One killed, 7 wounded.  No matter where an attack occurs, every Israeli is impacted.  I had friends in Ra'anana years ago but lost touch.

Dani, so sorry DH's relief came so late but at least now he's showing improvement.

Same from me to @NHProud

Yes,I realize that .It is a horrible situation ,unfortunately.

• Like 1

@NHProudBest of luck to your DH on his knee operation on Tuesday! 

I had cataract surgery almost 3 years ago.  How nice to not have to wear glasses any more!!

@dani negreanu I'm glad to hear that your DH is feeling better since he was given the prescribed             medicine, Dani.  Horrible what he (and you) had to go through without getting to see his doctor.  Thank goodness he was finally seen by a doctor this past week.

@A&L_Ont  Yes, Allie is all around you, Lisa, and Owen. 💕 

That was quite a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas,  so much to see, so much experienced!!!  Good times!😉

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Think I’ve mentioned this before but on our first night in NYC, my DD excitedly posted a photo of the beautiful night view we had of the  Empire State Building from our hotel room.  

We had a view of the Chrysler 🤣

The Chrysler Building is a much more beautiful building, in my opinion.

• Like 6

On 4/7/2023 at 3:42 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not a big opera fan, but Pavarotti's version of Nessun dorma causes me to tear up when he hits the high note at the end.  Amazing.

The most painfully exquisite moments of my life were when driving down from Taormina at dusk. We went around curves below walls loaded with blooming bougainvillea, and below the outer side of the road we looked down at the coast with little lights starting to come on. 
Then it was dark, and our driver put in a tape of Pavarotti dining Nessun Dorma. 
We burst into tears, because our hearts were squeezed so tight. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The Chrysler Building is a much more beautiful building, in my opinion.

Were you ever able to enter the Chrysler building? I tried once but was turned away after entering the lobby !  I guess the most unusual place I’ve been to in NYC is the dining room at the UN .  

At Easter , I remember my travels to Jerusalem and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. 

Happy Easter to those who celebrate . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I’ve not noticed the similarities before. But you’re right they do.

Think I’ve mentioned this before but on our first night in NYC, my DD excitedly posted a photo of the beautiful night view we had of the  Empire State Building from our hotel room.  

We had a view of the Chrysler 🤣

When I was in college I had a part time job in the Empire State Building.However,even though I lived in NYC I had never been to the building previously.When I organized a school reunion in 2007 ,much to my surprise none of those attending had ever been to the ESB.We decided to take a tour.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Were you ever able to enter the Chrysler building? I tried once but was turned away after entering the lobby !  I guess the most unusual place I’ve been to in NYC is the dining room at the UN .  

At Easter , I remember my travels to Jerusalem and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. 

Happy Easter to those who celebrate . 

I have been to the UN dining room a few times.Why do you feel that it is an unusual place ?

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The most painfully exquisite moments of my life were when driving down from Taormina at dusk. We went around curves below walls loaded with blooming bougainvillea, and below the outer side of the road we looked down at the coast with little lights starting to come on. 
Then it was dark, and our driver put in a tape of Pavarotti dining Nessun Dorma. 
We burst into tears, because our hearts were squeezed so tight. 

You explained your emotions beautifully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been to the UN dining room a few times.Why do you feel that it is an unusual place ?

It is not your usual tourist dining spot .  How many tourists dine there ?  It is probably closed to the public now.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

I was invited out to my Aunt Linda's house for the family Easter dinner tonight.  I got to meet three more of her grandkids, plus had a good talk with a couple of my cousins.  

I'm hoping to be able to get my son involved with the "kids" in the family.  The kids range from 18-30yo and are all pretty close with each other, and I think my son would fit right in.  With him being an only child and not really knowing any cousins growing up, I'd like for him to have a family to belong to besides just me (and his father, to a lesser extent -- he's not close with his father).  

• Like 17

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Were you ever able to enter the Chrysler building? I tried once but was turned away after entering the lobby !

I have not. I think they only allow people into the lobby to look at the Art Deco interior. Otherwise, there is not much else there. No observation deck, gift shop or musem. Pretty much strictly an office building.

• Like 1