Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Some pics from our traditional Passover Eve [we were invited to our DIL' sister-in-law parents] --

Overview

image.thumb.jpeg.6190baaaf3ff26f65e8897578ca40aaf.jpeg

The kid's table

Pesachthekids.thumb.jpg.e49493766a6a399b249c0bd8ae9c7df9.jpg

The brother of our DIL standing, with his wife far away in the kitchen. Our sons (both with glasses).

image.thumb.jpeg.c4d16e68994f6a70c77bce64cd7ab211.jpeg

Even if we're kind of "5th wheel", we felt very welcomed.

What a beautiful gathering of friends and family.  So glad for a few brief hours you were able to enjoy a lovely evening.

Your son with the blue top and glasses looks very much like Jack's nephew Alon.  Good looking boys, both of them!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Once again I am 17 pages behind, but  I had a great week on Celebrity Solstice (limited wifi access) and now I’m on Discovery Princess.  First time I’ve done a side by side.  I could get used to this.

I am catching up on all the posts I’ve missed, and hope this finds everyone well.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

We just returned from our favorite restaurant/bar no food several rounds of drinks listing to one of our favorite singer/piano players who we have been listening to for a couple of decades and he has been playing in Dallas for more than 60 years.  We know all the waiters, bartenders etc and everyone takes care of us. 

• Like 8

Since we had our Easter meal with family last Monday, it was just the two of us today.  Our Easter meal was

Cesar salad

1B23C5E2-1DEE-4310-88B2-DFEC9A1F9EB8.thumb.jpeg.3be98c84dc4bd49c63e0fca5cab6d995.jpeg

and prime rib. 

804B1763-90FF-4D27-A08B-AA92876C12FE.thumb.jpeg.068ddd635df37627687b267e285c6b19.jpeg

I don’t think I have had prime rib since our last cruise.  Nice and red, like we like it. Of course, there was desert, but it will wait till tomorrow.   

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Since we had our Easter meal with family last Monday, it was just the two of us today.  Our Easter meal was

Cesar salad

1B23C5E2-1DEE-4310-88B2-DFEC9A1F9EB8.thumb.jpeg.3be98c84dc4bd49c63e0fca5cab6d995.jpeg

and prime rib. 

804B1763-90FF-4D27-A08B-AA92876C12FE.thumb.jpeg.068ddd635df37627687b267e285c6b19.jpeg

I don’t think I have had prime rib since our last cruise.  Nice and red, like we like it. Of course, there was desert, but it will wait till tomorrow.   

How did you cook the prime rib? with a match?

I thought ours was rare until I saw yours.

20230406_103921.jpg

20230406_105103.jpg

20230407_172615.jpg

20230407_172628.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Sometimes a camera shot doesn't depict the true color of food.

I cringe when we eat out and Jack orders his steaks "no blood".

I like mine medium rare. When we have them at home, I just leave his in the pan a bit longer.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Loved the video, Always thought Las Vegas had a lot more high rise buildings though. I thought it was built up more.

Someday we might go there, so far haven't made it there.

Cool to see the Allegiant Stadium where the Raiders play now.

From what I can tell the high rise buildings are all along the strip, and the rest of the town is lower buildings. The Bellagio is 36 stories and the ones around it seem comparable in height. Old Vegas, Fremont Street area, the buildings are not as high. If I had to guess Vegas grew out VS up because they just took up more of the dessert.  It’s not prime farm land or real estate.

Fremont St in the distance, where the taller buildings are. Most of the community buildings outside of that area are lower in height. 

IMG_9055.thumb.jpeg.720f8faec00a3d16e65434d370847b66.jpeg

Closer to Old Vegas. The Fremont Experience is the long, low silver coloured arched building in the center/top of the photo. 

IMG_9056.thumb.jpeg.49bc1de267aaf59b6caef642483de642.jpeg

The view of newer Vegas. Many of the buildings are higher/comparable. Side note around the gravel lot in the bottom of this photo is where Pawn Stars, Counts Customs, Ricks Restorations and Vegas Rat Rods are located. All within a couple miles of another. 

IMG_9058.thumb.jpeg.7cf6b2d34614de32be9318eaf5546672.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

@A&L_Ont  Loved the video.  I’m not sure if you mentioned this somewhere, how long was the actual experience?   We’ve driven from Vegas to the Grand Canyon which was about 4 1/2 hours each way.  It is truly spectacular.  Great music choices.  (Can never go wrong with the Foo Fighters.) 👍😁

We were picked up at our hotel at 9am with their shuttle.  We took off at 10am and flew for 45 minutes to where we landed in the Canyon. We stopped for 30 minutes and they served us a selection of snacks, champagne, soda and water.  The flight back was another 45 minutes.  

Along the way back we stopped for fuel at the reserve.  It’s always cheaper at the reserve. That was another 10 minute stop where we were able to get out and walk around again. When you return to the base at the airport they will shuttle you back to your hotel. 

We decided to walk to the Welcome to Vegas sign which was minutes away and get some photos.  We then Ubered back to our hotel from there. We were at the hotel by 12:50pm. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@A&L_Ont superb video and excellent sightseeing experience for you all.  How long was the flight time?  Was there two passengers plus pilot in the front?  Owen was in the front I take it.  Did they assign you seating based on your weight or could you choose your seat?

I described the flight times and process above this post. When they checked us in they took our actual weights VS what we filled out on-line months ago. In the front row there was the 3 of us plus the pilot.  If we remember there was 4 seats in the back. We did book the chopper for a private flight and they allowed us all in the front row.

If there was a full flight I do not know if they would arrange where you would sit or not. I do suspect that they would move you from the back to the front going VS return flight. If we remember there is also a max weight per person. 

They also do this exact flight as a sunset flight tour and when you return you see the strip at dusk. The lights are stunning.The sunset on the canyon walls is something to see.  This was Lisa and I 10 years ago at the same spot. 

IMG_0915.thumb.jpeg.15ca7a30b92f51d1652d22303ce2d729.jpeg

• Like 35

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Once again I am 17 pages behind, but  I had a great week on Celebrity Solstice (limited wifi access) and now I’m on Discovery Princess.  First time I’ve done a side by side.  I could get used to this.

I am catching up on all the posts I’ve missed, and hope this finds everyone well.

Sounds like you’re having a wonderful time.  We did a side to side several years ago although both ships were Royal ships.  We went from Jewel of the Seas to Adventure of the Seas.  Very fun experience.   I’ll be interested to hear how all the cruises/ships/companies compared.  Be well and have a great time! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I described the flight times and process above this post. When they checked us in they took our actual weights VS what we filled out on-line months ago. In the front row there was the 3 of us plus the pilot.  If we remember there was 4 seats in the back. We did book the chopper for a private flight and they allowed us all in the front row.

If there was a full flight I do not know if they would arrange where you would sit or not. I do suspect that they would move you from the back to the front going VS return flight. If we remember there is also a max weight per person. 

They also do this exact flight as a sunset flight tour and when you return you see the strip at dusk. The lights are stunning.The sunset on the canyon walls is something to see.  This was Lisa and I 10 years ago at the same spot. 

Wow.  Beautiful photo.  And I’ve never been in a helicopter that had more than 2 seats in the front.  That’s why I was curious.  All of you in the front with the pilot is amazing.  No wonder you took such stunning footage.  Thanks for sharing with us.

• Like 2

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Traditionally our parochial schools had Easter Monday off, extending the weekend. So I still think of the week as starting on Tuesday. 
I had a pretty disastrous weekend, at least Friday and Saturday. 
I got an iPhone 14 Pro, and Dick inherited my 8 Plus. 
Not being very brave about transferring data, we went to an Xfinity store for the afternoon Friday. David, a very patient guy, moved my data to the new phone and moved Dick’s to my old phone. 
it took forever, but worked beautifully. 
So Saturday mornin I was fiddling with my lovely new phone and looked at the Find My app. 
Saw that it said 8 Plus. So I clicked on it, and the next thing I knew “phone locked”. 
I couldn’t get into it. After at least 30 minutes I got “erase phone”. Not being more then .02% tech savvy I clicked on it and factory reset my new iPhone. 
My phone was blank!

Dick was waiting for an AC repairman because our air went out. 
I flew past him and out the door like the devil was after me. 
I made myself drive the speed limit back to Xfinity, where I clutched David around the knees and begged for a miracle. 
He told me I had cleared it of everything. 
After I got up off the floor I asked if some of it was in the Cloud. 

He asked if I had backed my phone up. 
I don’t think he thought a lot of my intelligence!

Long story short, he got it started uploading and sent me home. 
Got home and I couldn’t get into it. Back  to Xfinity, and  David did some more magic ; I had to sign in with my very ancient password I hadn’t used in 20 years, but it worked. 
When I got home, I went into the App Store and started reinstalling my apps as I thought of them. 
Then I started putting them in folders again, like Restaurants, Medical, Finance and Sports. 
Last was having to log back into each and every one. 
What I permanently lost:

A Voicemail from my brother Bill who died Dec 3…that is crushing. 
My Kindle Store App that let me buy Kindle books on my phone. Kindle eliminated the app. 
My Jaguars emoji keyboard. Also no longer exists. 

I got everything else back except my phone records. 
Lessons learned:

Keep everything backed up. 
Do not touch the Find My app. Ever!

My heart is way stronger than my cardiologist thinks it is. 

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Wow.  Beautiful photo.  And I’ve never been in a helicopter that had more than 2 seats in the front.  That’s why I was curious.  All of you in the front with the pilot is amazing.  No wonder you took such stunning footage.  Thanks for sharing with us.

We found out that there are only two companies that are allowed to land in the Canyon and on top of that with a specific type of helicopter. 

50 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@A&L_Ont Stunning photo. 

If it was just me and no Lisa it would be no where near as good. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What I permanently lost:

A Voicemail from my brother Bill who died Dec 3…that is crushing. 

I’m so sorry to read all of what happened but this is the hardest to read. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Sounds like you’re having a wonderful time.  We did a side to side several years ago although both ships were Royal ships.  We went from Jewel of the Seas to Adventure of the Seas.  Very fun experience.   I’ll be interested to hear how all the cruises/ships/companies compared.  Be well and have a great time! 

We did the opposite in march 2016. Adventure first overnight in San Juan and then the jewel. 

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

We did the opposite in march 2016. Adventure first overnight in San Juan and then the jewel. 

You’re right.  I went back and looked.  It was Adventure first, overnight in San Juan, then Jewel.  Ours was March 2014.  It was a lot of fun. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

So beautiful.  I hope you have this photo framed and displayed in your home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Somehow I think it’s ok to be behind when you are currently on a ship. Have a great time Pat I wish I with you.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Cesar salad

and prime rib. 

Nice  looking prime rib!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This was Lisa and I 10 years ago at the same spot. 

I love this photo and I love you two!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1