Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, George C said:

I rarely see a play twice, but we liked Beautiful so much we saw it three times twice on broadway and once in Dallas , I don’t believe it is currently touring would love to see it on a rccl oasis class ship. Our favorite local singer at table13 sings a few of Carol Kings songs.

One of my early dates with my wife was in the Fairmont room in late 1980’s with Tony Bennett.

We saw Carole King at "The Bitter End" in the Village so many years ago..she had just recorded "Tapestry".  She was the warm-up for a Folk Group..I think it was the "New Christy Minstrels" (sp?).  I sure wish I had memory recall like so many of you on here.😔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Success! I could not be happier. We went from this.

IMG_1430.thumb.jpeg.f7224c64723b4b0ac231403f0e7514d1.jpeg

IMG_1432.thumb.jpeg.8bb8d457e944588dfba24c0da4d1787d.jpeg

To this.

IMG_1463.thumb.jpeg.fad7b87ebe1c6850c677115ef0adac65.jpeg

IMG_1460.thumb.jpeg.dd47dccd6d9759349a920b306cc0309e.jpeg

Quite the interesting process. Here is a video I put together that has some time lapse in it of the installation.

I hope it will be a good investment. Already the dogs just love it and I can finally not feel embarrassed about my back yard. Heck I may sleep on it tonight.

• Like 35
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Smart move.  I took surfing lessons in Hawaii in 2008 with my daughter who was then 13.  I can't remember if she needed an adult to join her or if I just didn't want her to do it alone.  It wore me out completely.  If I tried it today, 15 years older, I think it would kill me!

We did it in 2005 and it was exhausting.  Flow riding is for the lazy surfer. 🤫😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

To this.

Quite the interesting process. Here is a video I put together that has some time lapse in it of the installation.

I hope it will be a good investment. Already the dogs just love it and I can finally not feel embarrassed about my back yard. Heck I may sleep on it tonight.

It looks really nice Greg! 5 neighbors have synthetic turf, and they all have to vacuum, or leaf blow theirs. Is that the standard maintenance procedure? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It looks awesome Greg. The dogs seem to enjoy it and it will probably b softer then a RC bed. 

• Haha 10

Just now, Coralc said:

It looks really nice Greg! 5 neighbors have synthetic turf, and they all have to vacuum, or leaf blow theirs. Is that the standard maintenance procedure? 

Yes that's all you have to do. But you can not power wash it because of the fine synthetic pebbles that help keep the grass looking natural and standing straight up.

Clean up after the dogs will consist of picking up their waste (which we do) and any mess is cleaned by some water and dishwashing liquid and a soft brush. Should be real easy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

To this.

Looks fantastic and the dogs do appear to love it. Your video would be a good promo video for the company that did the work. 

• Like 5

I don’t know how warm your summer’s are Greg, but here in So Cal the turf can get quite warm.  I’m thinking of the pup’s paws.  My solution is to water down an area to cool it off.

Also, as a word of caution; I have double pane windows and some of my turf “melted” from the reflection.  The solution was putting solar screens on the affected windows, and the turf company replaced the damaged area at no cost to me. They said they should have told me.  That impressed me.

I am so happy that I made this investment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks fantastic and the dogs do appear to love it. Your video would be a good promo video for the company that did the work. 

I told them I was putting together a video and asked if they would take some off the price. They said they could not do that. I'm going to send it to them anyway and maybe they will give me a break on the yearly touch up maintenance.

29 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I don’t know how warm your summer’s are Greg, but here in So Cal the turf can get quite warm.  I’m thinking of the pup’s paws.  My solution is to water down an area to cool it off.

Also, as a word of caution; I have double pane windows and some of my turf “melted” from the reflection.  The solution was putting solar screens on the affected windows, and the turf company replaced the damaged area at no cost to me. They said they should have told me.  That impressed me.

I am so happy that I made this investment.

That's interesting and good to know. Thank you Pat. I will be careful with that with not only our windows but the heat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

To this.

That came out really nice.  I watched the video with Sharon .  She said to tell you she thought it was impressive !

Good job on the video too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

I rarely see a play twice, but we liked Beautiful so much we saw it three times twice on broadway and once in Dallas , I don’t believe it is currently touring would love to see it on a rccl oasis class ship. Our favorite local singer at table13 sings a few of Carol Kings songs.

One of my early dates with my wife was in the Fairmont room in late 1980’s with Tony Bennett.

OHHH  I wish Carol King's Beautiful would be performed on Wonder of the Seas for our Bella 02 cruise.  There's enough time for getting it all together.

@Luckynana Maryann, somewhere in storage is my Tapestry album.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

OHHH  I wish Carol King's Beautiful would be performed on Wonder of the Seas for our Bella 02 cruise.  There's enough time for getting it all together.

@Luckynana Maryann, somewhere in storage is my Tapestry album.

My wife said that was the first album she ever bought, so somewhere in our house is two copies of tapestry . My sister saw her show in Vegas at least once.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Love the video Greg! I first saw grass like that at EPCOT for the Flower and Garden Festivals children's play parks. I REALLY wanted that for our yard. That and a springy rubber surface under the swing set and play yard! It looks beautiful. Kudos!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

To this.

This looks awesome.   How does feel if you go barefoot?   

• Like 2

Been off the boards a few days. It's been hectic with baby sitting duties and g/sons 2nd birthday over the weekend. Just trying to catch up whilst he naps for an hour. We also looked after the 8 month g/son whilst mum and dad went to another concert at The O2 in London on Sunday.

The crazy dog (sons golden retriever) has finally gone into second season so he can get her spayed ASAP. Hopefully then she will start to quite down.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Spring weather (or autumn for @aussielozzie18

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2