Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

The dock.

12-dock.thumb.jpg.c3d9e4c36efb615ad92aa657c52065ea.jpg

Views from the dock.

13viewdockcenter.thumb.jpg.6248b8118e58e83146ab587d49eaba52.jpg

14-dockveiwleft.thumb.jpg.ace889737e41e6727bc659ed6b951d74.jpg

You can see the Boathouse behind and slightly above the chairs

15-dockviewright.thumb.jpg.2a3ae63cb765afe6c5cd27adc19b9045.jpg

Kayaks are still in the boathouse but there is also a canoe.

16-canoe.thumb.jpg.ba04675dbaa45152ecabd375dffb29d2.jpg

Path from dock back to cabin, it kinda zig-zags up the hill

17-stepsbacktocabin.thumb.jpg.61ab7124fd467d7694ad3bbf28d84438.jpg

• Like 24

Last post.

This picture sums up the trip perfectly. The foreground is the wife of college friend#1 (the one I see frequently) floating lazily on the lake while in the background, I and Little Miss HBE4 sit on our version of Perfect Day (not at Coco Cay) Floating Bar. 😁

20 - raft (2).JPG

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 30

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The dock.

12-dock.thumb.jpg.c3d9e4c36efb615ad92aa657c52065ea.jpg

Views from the dock.

13viewdockcenter.thumb.jpg.6248b8118e58e83146ab587d49eaba52.jpg

14-dockveiwleft.thumb.jpg.ace889737e41e6727bc659ed6b951d74.jpg

You can see the Boathouse behind and slightly above the chairs

15-dockviewright.thumb.jpg.2a3ae63cb765afe6c5cd27adc19b9045.jpg

Kayaks are still in the boathouse but there is also a canoe.

16-canoe.thumb.jpg.ba04675dbaa45152ecabd375dffb29d2.jpg

Path from dock back to cabin, it kinda zig-zags up the hill

17-stepsbacktocabin.thumb.jpg.61ab7124fd467d7694ad3bbf28d84438.jpg

Glad you had a great time away and thank you for sharing all your photos.  These photos from the dock look so relaxing & peaceful.  Did you have this part of the lake to yourselves whilst you were there?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@HBE4 It looks like a wonderful getaway. Beautiful view! Very rustic though. It looks like you had a nice time. I guess we are fortunate. Everyone keeps calling our other house a cabin. But it is actually a house that is even larger than our present home. I wish we were on a lake though. There is only a stocked ditch for fishing. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:18 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn Beautiful video and photos, Sue.

I assume Gary is a fan of the original movie not the re-make with Mark Walhberg & Charlize Theron.   I enjoyed the remake & haven’t seen the original

Yes I think we both think the original was the best, though the remake was good too 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last post.

This picture sums up the trip perfectly. The foreground is the wife of college friend#1 (the one I see frequently) floating lazily on the lake while in the background, I and Little Miss HBE4 sit on our version of Perfect Day (not at Coco Cay) Floating Bar. 😁

20 - raft (2).JPG

Great selection of photos @HBE4.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:39 PM, grapau27 said:

Pauline is saying exactly the same.

The girls look lovely and he is gross.

I wonder if the production team encourage this to boost the viewing figures.

I don't watch this but I'm wondering the same, how much is scripted ?

• Like 2

On 7/18/2023 at 5:27 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I heard on the news today that the temp in Rome (Italy) should hit 107°F. I can't imagine being a tourist there with that kind of heat.

There's been a lot in the news about the very hot weather in southern Europe.  We were mainly in northern Europe and the weather hit a max of 32c which was plenty hot enough as our air con in the car was broken.  Now back home and the UK is having pretty cool weather, between 18 and 22c and forecast to remain cool-ish until mid August 

• Like 6

On 7/18/2023 at 5:34 PM, Sea Dog said:

I saw that and the same for Greece with them also having wild fires. That's why I prefer to see Europe in the early fall

I agree, I've booked on one of Serenade mini segments next July from Barcelona to Southampton and I'm wondering if its going to be too hot to sightsee

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Luckynana Congratulations on your anniversary & happy birthday to your daughter.

@Jimbo Happy Birthday to your wife

@bobmacliberty All the best to Micheline in her recovery

@dani negreanu Lovely photo of all and a wonderful reason to celebrate.  Your friend is a special lady.

+1 , speed reading to catch up, but congratulations to all with birthdays, anniversaries and successful medical treatments

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m just playing catch up, a common theme here. 

@Luckynana Happy 52nd to you and Jim! It sounds like you had a great celebration. 
@bobmacliberty I wish Micheline an easy recovery from her surgery.  In no time she’ll be ready to dance the night away at your daughters wedding. 
@dani negreanu what an inspiration your friend is and a lovely picture of you all celebrating her. 
@h20skibum I’m enjoying your Summer of Fun (is this 3.0?).  It’s nice that you’re able to have a mix of group/family activities as well as some one-on-one time.  Hope Susan’s feeling better. 
@Sea Dog glad to hear Linda’s doing well after her surgery. 

Not a lot happening here. The last of my Amazon Prime Day purchases arrived today.  I mostly ordered things for our trip in September-portable chargers for our phones, plug converters, a crossbody bag for me with RFID and security zippers.  We also both got new backpacks with the intention of possibly going

’carry-on only’.  So a carry-on suitcase each and a backpack each. I doubt it’ll actually happen LOL. 

Our recent European road trip we didn't have much storage space in our car, so managed with just one small carry on and one backpack  between us. It was a seven day trip. Got us thinking now, maybe we could manage with just hand luggage for our next cruise, but it'll be two weeks with travelling.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You’re welcome. As for the cruise you are a couple days early, we board on Friday. 

Saw it too.  Perfect description.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise. Hope you'll do a 'live' or pop on here to let us know how it's going 

• Like 3

So home from our road trip now. Last two days were visiting Baden-Baden in Germany and then Arras, a town in France mainly choose as a convenient place to stop on the way home as only just over an hour from Calais .

Turned out to be a lovely little town . Like Dijon it had a very large square with 20 or so restaurants around the edge. 

Journey home was uneventful. Went to a large supermarket in Calais and bought a lot of wine and some beer. Much cheaper than at home. Good appllation controle and pays d' oc wine for around £3.50 a bottle, rose, white, red and some bottles of cremant.

Bier Keller in Baden-Baden 

20230717_190912.thumb.jpg.48138077e6b6e88712d55f2580997bcd.jpg

Arras

20230718_193801.thumb.jpg.be2b1e21bdc039ffaed6a6d1e1e8ffc4.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@A&L_Ont  Have a great cruise Andrew, Lisa and Owen.  Dave, my son and I are headed to NJ/NYC Friday for the weekend to see Manchester United vs Arsenal at MetLife stadium in a preseason exhibition game on Saturday.  Manchester United is our team and this will be the fourth time seeing them in person, 2 times at University of Michigan and 1 time at Old Trafford in Manchester.  So looking forward to it!

We saw Manchester United play Bayern Munich in Chicago many years ago.  They are Dave’s team, I’m a Liverpool supporter.  I’m glad the season is about to start, it seems weird to not have games to watch on weekends.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Deb!🥰

I can not imagine doing just a carry-on and backpack...I usually use a backpack, a carry-on, and my regular piece of luggage.  When we've planned on staying in a hotel for a few days prior to a cruise, I live out of the carry-on without opening the regular luggage until we're on the ship.  

You and Andy are going to have such a wonderful time on your European vacation with cruise included.😉😊

We are the same.   I could never live out of a carry on and backpack.   I pack 1 large and 1 small carry on and check in on flights then have my backpack as carry on.   My small checked bag is our shampoo, conditioner, body wash, sunscreens, first aid kit, body lotions, face cream, perfumes and shaving items.  Large bag is clothes and shoes.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Packed? Have a great cruise and a great Anniversary!!

99.9%.  Storm trooper launches at 8:45, an we fly at 2:30pm. 

7 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@A&L_Ont  Have a great cruise Andrew, Lisa and Owen.  Dave, my son and I are headed to NJ/NYC Friday for the weekend to see Manchester United vs Arsenal at MetLife stadium in a preseason exhibition game on Saturday.  Manchester United is our team and this will be the fourth time seeing them in person, 2 times at University of Michigan and 1 time at Old Trafford in Manchester.  So looking forward to it!

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome weekend. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last post.

20 - raft (2).JPG

Love these photos.  Looks like you had a great trip catching up with old friends.  When I was young, I used to really enjoy when our family took vacations like this.  I remember one in NY on Lake George somewhere.  Now, I think I'm too soft. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Deb!🥰

I can not imagine doing just a carry-on and backpack...I usually use a backpack, a carry-on, and my regular piece of luggage.  When we've planned on staying in a hotel for a few days prior to a cruise, I live out of the carry-on without opening the regular luggage until we're on the ship.  

You and Andy are going to have such a wonderful time on your European vacation with cruise included.😉😊

We are still traveling with two large suitcases plus a backpack.  My backpack has all the electronics and charging stations.  One suitcase has bath liquids and changes of clothes for pre-cruise stays so we don’t have to open the other bag.

We have friends who have cruised with only carry on bags, but that limits what they can take. 

• Like 5