Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If I eat too many bananas it upsets my stomach

Bananas, as well as most raw fruits, give me a stomach ache.  I like them, but they do not like me.  Once they are cooked, they are fine.  Not sure why.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, derorim said:

Bananas, as well as most raw fruits, give me a stomach ache.  I like them, but they do not like me.  Once they are cooked, they are fine.  Not sure why.

Same here. I like bananas but they always mess with my stomach. The two horse pills they had me take of potassium upset my stomach as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Good for Linda!  She must feel wonderful, just knowing that she can now start PT and begin to feel normal again!

More great memories being made with your dear friends, Dani.  Love the picture;  I also love that you don't have your shoes on at the table...lol!  that would be me!!😁

I saw that, and immediately thought of you, Graham.  Bummer.  There's always next year!!

Thank you Maryann.

The next ladies world cup is in 2027.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you! Yes Linda was extremely worried. I do like bananas I just don’t eat them often. I guess they will now be a part of my morning routine. Knee is better and Linda saw the hand doctor yesterday and he was quite pleased. She know doesn’t have to wear a brace and can start physical therapy in a couple of weeks.

There are lots of good foods rich in potassium..

Do you like baked potatoes or home fries? White potatoes are really high.  Sweet Potatoes and Andrew's favorie...Raisins

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are lots of good foods rich in potassium..

Do you like baked potatoes or home fries? White potatoes are really high.  Sweet Potatoes and Andrew's favorie...Raisins

Yes I do but lately I’ve been dieting and cutting out carbs. That could be part of my problem.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I have the feeling that in the last year, the "regulars" on this thread feel much more at ease to share their daily life and I'm so happy to see this.

Following on this "tread", after more than 5 months, our group of HS friends got together again, and the conversation flowed like it was yesterday we last spoke 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea419b500181d6576777f35b78ae767.jpeg

Lovely group.  Happy to hear you were able to enjoy reuniting 🥰

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Still can’t get the meds adjusted properly.  He has so many things going on it gets frustrating at times.  Thanks for asking.

I'm so sorry that you and Charlie are going through this.😔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My NY friends never text or send me emails.  Nothing but phone chats for us, some that last well over an hour. 

I'm more of a "face to face" person. No phone chats... The only exception is my cousin in Germany, we're conversing via WhatsApp, with her and me looking for the right words in Romanian... When "in trouble", we switch to English 😉

She's the only person I still speak to in Romanian. She is having much more "practice", many Romanians found themselves in Germany.

I was so looking forward to cruising with her in less than 2 weeks. Incidentally, while doing her annual check up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. A CT was performed, but it was inconclusive.... Waiting for the results of a bronchoscopy tomorrow.

I have my fingers crossed that she'd not be forced to cancel the cruise 😢

• Like 16

I was wondering about next October, so I went online, and one of my favorite ships in scheduled for 7 day cruises again, good old Freedom.  (as in of the Seas)  .  Very nice price. Thanks, Ken. Another 4 weeks. And looking  into the following January, looks like some interesting choices out of FLL.  Might just look into those as well.

I don't usually book that far ahead, but the very best buy I ever got was a cruise booked well ahead that I knew I would really want to do. That cruise was the one where Explorer left Bayonne to make room for Quantum.  

Funny to see Anthem leaving for Asia with Odyssey replacing it in NJ.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Inquiring minds want to know!

Also, if you're on Lasix / furosemide and your doctor isn't monitoring your potassium closely, I'd be pitching a fit!  Even a first-year nursing student knows better!  

Might be time to ask about a different medication... low potassium can really do a number on your body.  Fortunately, there are about 842 different blood pressure medications these days, so there are a lot of options out there!

A little quick to be jumping on a physician don't you think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

My kidney doctor told me to avoid bananas . My regular doctor gave me potassium pills and something else for my feet swelling when I cruise. About ten years ago I started passing out after having a coughing fit , this happen several times , good thing I would make sure I was sitting or in bed when coughing fit started, wife insisted on me going to the hospital for test after two days and several tests none of the doctors could find anything wrong , my regular doctor thought it was allergies, got shots for a couple of years then stopped, coughing ended shortly after hospital visit. 

I hate taking tests that are inconclusive. My kidney doctor always tells me that drinking lots of water, keeping my feet up, cutting back on salty foods is the best for swollen ankles.

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Same here. I like bananas but they always mess with my stomach. The two horse pills they had me take of potassium upset my stomach as well.

I had to take those potassium horse pills for a while.  Had to cut them in half but that made swallowing them bitter.  Luckily, I don't need them anymore.

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm more of a "face to face" person. No phone chats... The only exception is my cousin in Germany, we're conversing via WhatsApp, with her and me looking for the right words in Romanian... When "in trouble", we switch to English 😉

She's the only person I still speak to in Romanian. She is having much more "practice", many Romanians found themselves in Germany.

I was so looking forward to cruising with her in less than 2 weeks. Incidentally, while doing her annual check up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. A CT was performed, but it was inconclusive.... Waiting for the results of a bronchoscopy tomorrow.

I have my fingers crossed that she'd not be forced to cancel the cruise 😢

My very best wishes for your cousin's test results to allow her to cruise with you.  Refuah Shlema to her!

My friends and I never thought to voice chat on What's App.  Hmmmm it's a thought.  Jack does that with his sister and friends in Israel.  We also What's App with our daughter and grands.  My 9 yr old granddaughter loves to show me new hairstyles, new stuff in her room, etc.  She's such a sweetheart girly girl.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My friends and I never thought to voice chat on What's App.  Hmmmm it's a thought.

WhatsApp is "life saving" regarding "long distance" relationships. 

We're spoking or video chatting with our grandkids in an almost daily basis. No need to calculate how much it is costing you and how many minutes you can afford, like in the "bad old times" 😉

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

WhatsApp is "life saving" regarding "long distance" relationships. 

We're spoking or video chatting with our grandkids in an almost daily basis. No need to calculate how much it is costing you and how many minutes you can afford, like in the "bad old times" 😉

when we first moved into our home here, we had an elderly ( like almost 100 yo)

living next door.  She asked for our phone number . We just had our cell phones, and they have CT area codes.  Turns out, she had worked for the phone company, and I guess one of her retirement benefits was free phone service.  She was concerned that the call would be long distance. I don't know if it really was, but she thought that it was.  

We ended up getting a land line, and gave her the local number.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate taking tests that are inconclusive. My kidney doctor always tells me that drinking lots of water, keeping my feet up, cutting back on salty foods is the best for swollen ankles.

I had to take those potassium horse pills for a while.  Had to cut them in half but that made swallowing them bitter.  Luckily, I don't need them anymore.

My feet and ankles always swell up on cruises. I’m going try wearing compression socks at night in bed with my feet elevated.

Those horse pills are the worst. They even halved them for me and I still couldn’t swallow them. I basically had to chew them and they tasted horrible.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My feet and ankles always swell up on cruises. I’m going try wearing compression socks at night in bed with my feet elevated.

DH was told to NOT wear compression in bed. Only during the day. He does have his feet elevated at night.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

DH was told to NOT wear compression in bed. Only during the day. He does have his feet elevated at night.

Interesting did they tell him why? 

Edited by Sea Dog