Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Marian.

Physically -- still safe. The soul -- not so much. Every day another atrocity is discovered, and the realization that we're not dealing with human beings is, sadly, very eye opening.

Good to see a post from you Dani.   Prayers are still being sent your way from our house.  Our church has had special prayers for Israel these past two Sundays.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you get a balcony discount for being Elite? The balcony discount and five drink vouchers are pretty valuable to me on RCI.

Hey stranger 😃  I am sailing on Celebrity Beyond in a few weeks, 9 night Southern Caribbean. I bought a cruise fare that included unlimited bar drinks, wifi and pre-paid gratuities.  Can't recall if there was a balcony discount or not? I am sailing in a solo infinite verandah cabin. First time on Celebrity and really looking forward to it!

Back on Oasis in February....

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you get a balcony discount for being Elite? The balcony discount and five drink vouchers are pretty valuable to me on RCI.

The biggie for me was reaching 340 points, and receiving the 50% solo discount on RCI.  

• Like 8

18 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Last picture for tonight.  Zoom in on Minnie’s porcupine quills.

IMG_5410.jpeg

At first I thought you meant real quills and I asked if she was OK.  Then I kept reading and saw what you meant.  Whew.  glad I was wrong. 😸

Edited by taznremmy
Needed to read further 😹
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 42°F and sunny here.

Lazy day planned to recover from jet lag as we are 5 hours ahead of Orlando.

Just had porridge for breakfast and missing Denny's Phillisteak omelette and red skin potatoes and toast.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

It was 49 here in NJ this morning.  Brrr!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m really struggling with packing for this upcoming trip.  Since the weather might be questionable, I feel like I have to be prepared for several possibilities.  I hope the forecasters have a better idea by Wednesday as we fly to Ft Lauderdale Thursday and I’d like to not have to bring an extra bag.  

Have you considered layering?  

Great job on your Celebrity review, Deb!  Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We met J and L today at the Captain's Club event. It was our pleasure! Laura is just one of the nicest ladies I have met and I enjoyed our conversations. Both are lovely people! We had lunch together. I am SO happy!

Excellent!!    They are a lovely couple!

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Thanks for asking.  He's really showing his age (16), and has lost more weight.  A couple of years ago he was almost 15 pounds, which is normal for a Maine Coon, but was 9.6 last week at the vet.  He can still jump onto the 30 inch tall desk, where he has a heated bed, though!  

Marcel sure is a pretty kitty.    That's great that he can still jump up onto the tall desk at his age!😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

THANK YOU for this!  This photo just made my day!  
Been off the board most of yesterday and today, as I boarded X Eclipse, and have limited wifi.  

Playing catch up and can’t believe how far behind I am 🙀.

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Marian.

Physically -- still safe. The soul -- not so much. Every day another atrocity is discovered, and the realization that we're not dealing with human beings is, sadly, very eye opening.

I cannot imagine living through what I am seeing on TV.😔

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How are you feeling, Greg?  All better, I hope!!  Your Kraken Colada is waiting for you on Adventure!!

The stomach is better but not 100% . I’m hoping it continue to improve and be good by the time we board on Saturday. Yes looking forward to my celebratory Kraken Colada.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The stomach is better but not 100% . I’m hoping it continue to improve and be good by the time we board on Saturday. Yes looking forward to my celebratory Kraken Colada.

You might want to take some Kraken for a test drive this week. You don't want to have your first drink on the ship and set off a problem.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

You might want to take some Kraken for a test drive this week. You don't want to have your first drink on the ship and set off a problem.

I plan on it since we are leaving Thursday, Wednesday night will be Cruising for Cocktails night watching this weeks Below Deck Med. A Kraken Colada will be first up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I plan on it since we are leaving Thursday, Wednesday night will be Cruising for Cocktails night watching this weeks Below Deck Med. A Kraken Colada will be first up.

Every day is a little better. Daily breakfast is great, what I have been waiting for.

Lunch and dinner  can be a challenge, taste still is a little off.  Stateroom ac has had the room freezing, finally called to have the heat fixed so it is now a little better. 

For the first time. I am able to sit here without a sweater and be comfortable.

Taking care of the ship for you guys.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

Every day is a little better. Daily breakfast is great, what I have been waiting for.

Lunch and dinner  can be a challenge, taste still is a little off.  Stateroom ac has had the room freezing, finally called to have the heat fixed so it is now a little better. 

For the first time. I am able to sit here without a sweater and be comfortable.

Taking care of the ship for you guys.

That’s great and things will get better. Looking forward to seeing you.

Watching an interesting show called Secrets of the Lost Liners.  This one focused on the Cunard Liners - specifically Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary Liners and their roles over time, during piece and war. 

This is an overview of the series. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5