Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Has anyone checked Crystal's FB or other social media sites? 

I found Crystal's FB page.  She posted a comment and a few pictures 4 days ago about the wedding that she attended in what looks like Colorado.  Seemed pretty upbeat with smiling pictures and friends.  There wasn't much else on her page.  I think she's just doing a sort of social media reset.  My guess is we won't see her here again.  That's a shame but if that's what she needs to do...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I found Crystal's FB page.  She posted a comment and a few pictures 4 days ago about the wedding that she attended in what looks like Colorado.  Seemed pretty upbeat with smiling pictures and friends.  There wasn't much else on her page.  I think she's just doing a sort of social media reset.  My guess is we won't see her here again.  That's a shame but if that's what she needs to do...

That would be my guess as well.  Sometimes people need a break from social media.  I hope to see her back here again one day.  

Now that said, it's not as though as other members have been banned and haven't retuned... M8?  Are you still here?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

So, another midnight call to Virgin Voyager.  Give my email & birthdate and the staff member  says “just confirming you are sailing to the Carribbean in March”. Ah no, I am sailing from Sydney In February 😳 and I received a new confirmation email last night from your colleague after a 30min phone call, confirming this.

He then tells me that my booking reference is invalid, my sailor id (generated by Virgin) is invalid but I have two other sailor ids and apparently , my birthdate & email are linked to another booking that has my last name but not my first name.  The confirmation email that I received last night which confirms what I booked, is incorrect 

How can one single online booking result in such a cluster??

Would cancel but at this point not trusting Virgin to refund the monies..

Anyhow, tonight’s staff member assured me this will be fixed.  I am definitely not convinced.

Wish me luck!  Btw, if I need to call again tomorrow night, I will be escalating to a Manager (never had to do that before).

• Like 13

I strongly doubt Crystal has been banned.  I think she has made a conscious decision not to continue posting in a public forum or has been advised not to post here whilst going through the divorce .  I stopped following her on Instagram about 18 months ago.  My only reason was her travel posts here on cc were so good & detailed that there was no need for me to follow her elsewhere.  She will be missed.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 10

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've enjoyed all the reviews from people on this thread. Maybe because I have a "closer" connection?

Again, no disrespect to those that have reviews with lots of banter or random thoughts, just personal preference.

I definitely feel an affinity  to some reviewers, though I am thankful to anyone who attempts one.

Currently enjoying one from Jim_Iain over on the Celebrity page. It's up to 40 pages and is from Singapore to Australia 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I definitely feel an affinity  to some reviewers, though I am thankful to anyone who attempts one.

Currently enjoying one from Jim_Iain over on the Celebrity page. It's up to 40 pages and is from Singapore to Australia 

Are you planning on doing the cruise in the future Sue?

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sad to report that Linda and I have cancelled our April 1st Beyond 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise. We angonized over it but feel with Linda’s shoulder surgery on December 26th and me scheduling a hernia surgery will not give us enough time in rehab to really do this physically. It’s not like we don’t have cruises coming up. Navigator in October, Bella 2, Bella 2.5 in February of 2025 and Bella 3 in January of 2026. We will try again and book Beyond but I’m sure the prices will be more expensive by then. Oh well.

Sorry to hear Greg but your and Linda's good health is the most important thing. Plenty of time for cruises 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Today’s elf appearance

IMG_9492.thumb.jpeg.b039cff02cbf67298bc7cc5dc2a6b508.jpeg

And Ricky has decided to send Christmas cards to all his pet friends.  I guess all the pets here will have to accept this digital version. 

IMG_7382.thumb.jpeg.a62ec4bc5f392ed8ff935738b76d244b.jpeg

Love both.  Max wishes Ricky a very merry Christmas 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So, another midnight call to Virgin Voyager.  Give my email & birthdate and the staff member  says “just confirming you are sailing to the Carribbean in March”. Ah no, I am sailing from Sydney In February 😳 and I received a new confirmation email last night from your colleague after a 30min phone call, confirming this.

He then tells me that my booking reference is invalid, my sailor id (generated by Virgin) is invalid but I have two other sailor ids and apparently , my birthdate & email are linked to another booking that has my last name but not my first name.  The confirmation email that I received last night which confirms what I booked, is incorrect 

Anyhow, tonight’s staff member assured me this will be fixed.  I am definitely not convinced.

Wish me luck!  Btw, if I need to call again tomorrow night, I will be escalating to a Manager (never had to do that before).

I need an emoji for shaking my head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I hope Crystal is doing well and hope she is doing a reset. I hope she will come back here but I also know of people who have gone through divorce and needing to start over on everything. I hope her being on here does not remind her of her past so much as k owing she has friends here who wish her the best and want to see her moving forward.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@Sea Dog

Greg,

I echo everybody else's thoughts , but I am so sorry you had to cancel.....or let's not say cancel, let's say move the date from April 1 to another one. I wish you and Linda a wonderful recovery.

Thank you . I’m already looking for future Celebrity sailings.

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That would be my guess as well.  Sometimes people need a break from social media.  I hope to see her back here again one day.  

Now that said, it's not as though as other members have been banned and haven't retuned... M8?  Are you still here?

I believe Rory, M8 still views here but is still banned.

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear Greg but your and Linda's good health is the most important thing. Plenty of time for cruises 

Thank you Sue.

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Today’s elf appearance

IMG_9492.thumb.jpeg.b039cff02cbf67298bc7cc5dc2a6b508.jpeg

And Ricky has decided to send Christmas cards to all his pet friends.  I guess all the pets here will have to accept this digital version. 

IMG_7382.thumb.jpeg.a62ec4bc5f392ed8ff935738b76d244b.jpeg

love the smelt pics and Ricky’s card is adorable.

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

Thank you!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Are you planning on doing the cruise in the future Sue?

We've done three on Celebrity and they are on my radar. Their rejigged Israel cruises from Greece this winter have some very good prices. 

But not far off diamond plus so its tempting to stick with RC for the next year or so. 

We have booked a short holiday in Singapore in February with a four day RC cruise tagged on.

One day we will get to Australia 🇦🇺 🙏....

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

From the taillights alone I recognized that car. I know two guys that have them now and they are a throwback to their youth. I bet he talks about this car frequently. 

He does have fond memories of that car.  He enjoyed adding modifications to it, and took it to the drag strip a time or two.  I believe he sold it around 2009.  He was involved in too many other projects to devote time to it, and decided it was time to move on.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sorry you are gong through this.

We avoid Virgin or anything "Branson". Some years back, we had a similar experience with them (airline this time) where very elderly grandparents were involved. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I LOVE their reviews, but must admit that I find myself wandering off after three or four pages, maybe, of "Is Don still the bar tender" 🤣🤣. i take a small break of couple days and pages, and then join back to read again, only to find out that the said bartender is on leave and will rejoin after the holidays.....🤣🤣 and now it's the waiter in question🙄😉 who served cold food. 
I love reading reviews and looking at pictures, so I guess I take that the banter is like a side effect that is not listed on the box. I am still catching up on Norwaylady's review of her B2B.....now I do associate more to her type of traveller, but I enjoy all reviews very much.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Interesting point. Now that I think about it, I wonder if that is why Julie didn't go after Austin? No one was sure if Emily came back with an idol. Austin didn't feel the need to play his idol. Maybe this was all a planned blindside in disguise.

Edited by NHProud

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m assuming you are writing about Survivor . I’ll be vague as I don’t want to be banned from this “ island “ however you missed the real survivor show last night .  An alliance was made but no one was booted off .  I watch all the episodes because personalities are revealed along with some bits of info . Anyway, it is loads of fun . 

Now I am confused.🤔🤔

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now I am confused.🤔🤔

Well , I deleted it because I know not to push the envelope over the edge .  
Well , it is still there because you quoted it . I was referencing the debate last night which is a fight for survival . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1