Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We stayed an extra night in Houston before flying home the next day after our cruise this past Sunday.  The hotel did not have Hallmark Channel but we found Below Deck Mediterranean on Bravo.  Since there’s so much talk on here about Below Deck and me who have never watched it, I was real curious what it’s all about.  

So, we turned to it.  I don’t know what season we were watching.  It wasn’t prime time so it must’ve been old episodes from previous seasons.  The yacht was named Sirocco.  There was Sam, the captain; Hannah, the head steward; Wes; Malia; Bobby; Andy (I think that’s the name), the chef; Lauren, the 3rd steward; Buggy (or Bugsy- I don’t remember); and a few others that I can’t recall the names.  I can see how with each episode, you get more and more hooked.  I ended up watching all afternoon until it was time for dinner.  Does anybody know what season this was from?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, derorim said:

I’m glad it’s working now.  I have an appointment next week to get a hearing aid for one ear.  I’m a bit stressed about how it will interact with my Android phone and other Bluetooth connections, as well as life in general.  I’m halfway tempted to cancel until I have more info. 

I have an android phone and bluetooth works perfectly with my aids. The only other place it's connected is my computer.  It's an easy fix to turn it on or off especially with the computer thanks to you..  I often turn bluetooth off on my phone so that Jack and I can talk on speaker mode together when talking to friends/family members.

I agree with @Sunshine3601 Debbie.  Why not keep the appointment and see what the doctor has to say. You don't have to commit to anything but having aids for approx. 35 years has definitely enhanced the quality of my life for the better.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

Unless we are flying international, we truly try to avoid flying out of SFO and prefer OAK or even SJC. 

Have a nice flight, I hope you can get some rest on the overnight. And have a wonderful cruise. Merry Christmas to you and your family! ☺️ 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Unless we are flying international, we truly try to avoid flying out of SFO and prefer OAK or even SJC. 

Have a nice flight, I hope you can get some rest on the overnight. And have a wonderful cruise. Merry Christmas to you and your family! ☺️ 

Thanks. Happy Holidays to you as well.

SFO typically has the best prices and the most number of direct flights to FLL so we continue to fly from here.

It's the Holidays and thr flight is 100% full.

Will get at max 5 house of sleep in the direct flight. Probably less than 4 hours realistically. Arriving in FLL for breakfast and hopefully a nap.

Part  of the glamor of traveling nobody talks about...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Absolutely love your reviews !  Safe travels and happy holidays 🎄

Thank you fir your kind words.  Happy Holidays to you as well. 

Sometimes I wonder why we travel during the holidays when it's expensive and crowded but with kids in college, their break time is limited to next week.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Thanks. Happy Holidays to you as well.

SFO typically has the best prices and the most number of direct flights to FLL so we continue to fly from here.

It's the Holidays and thr flight is 100% full.

Will get at max 5 house of sleep in the direct flight. Probably less than 4 hours realistically. Arriving in FLL for breakfast and hopefully a nap.

Part  of the glamor of traveling nobody talks about...

But how do you get over there? We can Uber to OAK, and there are some reasonable Park/Sleep/fly hotels in San Jose. And our favorite hibachi restaurant, House of Genji is there. 

But SFO is just awkward. Uber, shuttles are expensive as are hotels, where we can park. So, I would be interested. ☺️

Never mind. I forgot. When we took my mom and friend on Alaska cruise for a 9 days, we just parked in the lot at SFO. Our international trips were much longer, so we did not park at the airport. 

Edited by Coralc

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

But how do you get over there? We can Uber to OAK, and there are some reasonable Park/Sleep/fly hotels in San Jose. And our favorite hibachi restaurant, House of Genji is there. 

But SFO is just awkward. Uber, shuttles are expensive as are hotels, where we can park. So, I would be interested. ☺️

My sister lives in San Mateo do we park car at her house and my brother in law drops us off

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1