Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I was supposed to be playing golf this morning.  It's currently 41F with around 15 mph winds.  Golf isn't going to happen.  

We are going to host some of the local Bills Mafia for the Bills game against the Chargers on Saturday night.  I'll use my new found free time to take a trip down to the Total Wine in Jacksonville to pick up some Labatt Blue Light beer (official partner of the Bills) and some Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey (official whiskey of the Bills...shots for everyone after a TD).  I can get the Screwball whiskey in several places nearby, but Total Wine is the only place that I've been able to find Blue Light.  Two other guys have volunteered to bring Beef on Weck.  Not sure where they'll find Kimmelweck rolls around here, but they will definitely be better than Royal's roast beef sandwich.

Tough loss @Jimbo for the Eagles last night but they should win out, go 13-4, and get the 2 seed.  I think Dallas still has another loss in them, hopefully not to the Dolphins.  The hard part would be beating the 49ers in San Francisco, if it gets that far.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was supposed to be playing golf this morning.  It's currently 41F with around 15 mph winds.  Golf isn't going to happen.  

We are going to host some of the local Bills Mafia for the Bills game against the Chargers on Saturday night.  I'll use my new found free time to take a trip down to the Total Wine in Jacksonville to pick up some Labatt Blue Light beer (official partner of the Bills) and some Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey (official whiskey of the Bills...shots for everyone after a TD).  I can get the Screwball whiskey in several places nearby, but Total Wine is the only place that I've been able to find Blue Light.  Two other guys have volunteered to bring Beef on Weck.  Not sure where they'll find Kimmelweck rolls around here, but they will definitely be better than Royal's roast beef sandwich.

Tough loss @Jimbo for the Eagles last night but they should win out, go 13-4, and get the 2 seed.  I think Dallas still has another loss in them, hopefully not to the Dolphins.  The hard part would be beating the 49ers in San Francisco, if it gets that far.

Yes, It was a gut punch for sure  😞

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Jessica feels great now that she has passed the 12 week point, thanks for asking Maryann.  We were very excited to learn recently that they are having a boy!  Both were convinced it was going to be another girl.  

Fantastic news. Congratulations I am so happy for youguys.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Must have Buffalo wings on menu😁, hope you have peacock , Saturday game will only be on that, also they will have one of the wildcard games.

45 minutes ago, George C said:

Must have Buffalo wings on menu😁, hope you have peacock , Saturday game will only be on that, also they will have one of the wildcard games.

We have Peacock.  And Netflix, Prime, Apple, Discovery +, Disney +, Paramount +, and probably more that I can't remember.  Sign up for the trial service just to watch one thing and then forget to cancel.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

They never say it is in Canada. I think Buffy, the Vampire Slayer was filmed in Canada, but it was supposed to be a US high school. 🙄 And Reacher is a US Veteran, he doesn't wander around Canada. LOL. ☺️

There are US Veterans characters in Narcos Mexico.

Reacher was filmed in Ontario,Canada

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Is it me or is Below Deck Med a little annoying this season?

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It's all because of Kyle. I can't stand his arrogant whining poor pitiful me syndrome.

I started out really liking this season but that’s quickly changed. Kyle is just an obnoxious, arrogant jerk this season and Luka is really getting on my nerves now as well. He’s starting to remind me of Gary from BDSY but not to that extreme. Chef Jack and Tumi are the only ones I really like anymore.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am watching season 2 of Reacher on Prime.It supposedly is taking place in Brooklyn,Manhattan and Atlantic City but it was filmed in Canada.I know it is based on a book but I cannot understand why they cannot say they are in Canada.For instance there was a scene where the actors are at an intersection in Brooklyn but in reality those streets do not intersect.

It's not uncommon for movies & shows to NOT be filmed on location and often times will subsitute one locale for another.

For example, 8 of the 10 episodes of Peacocks "Poker Face"  was filmed in the Hudson Valley just north of NYC, substituting for locations in Texas,  Colorado & NJ.  There is a brewery in Orange County, NY that was transformed into a BBQ in Texas and I'm 99.9% certain I recognized the Hudson River in scenes there were supposed to be Atlantic City, NJ.  Oh sure, they throw in a couple seconds of  "stock" exterior footage of the Atlantic City skyline or Rocky Mountains (for the "Colorado" episode)  but everything else was filmed here in NY.  "Denver Hospital" is actually Vassar Hospital in Poughkeepsie NY which I've been to as well as the IBM Office complex in Westchester, County, NY.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is set in Chicago although nothing was actually filmed there.  It was all done on Hollywood studio back lots and Breckenridge, CO for the wintry mountain scenes.  Only a few seconds of stock exterior footage of the Chicago skyline was used.

Canada is a popular filming location, lots of financial incentives makes it cost effective.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's not uncommon for movies & shows to NOT be filmed on location and often times will subsitute one locale for another.

For example, 8 of the 10 episodes of Peacocks "Poker Face"  was filmed in the Hudson Valley just north of NYC, substituting for locations in Texas,  Colorado & NJ.  There is a brewery in Orange County, NY that was transformed into a BBQ in Texas and I'm 99.9% certain I recognized the Hudson River in scenes there were supposed to be Atlantic City, NJ.  Oh sure, they throw in a couple seconds of  "stock" exterior footage of the Atlantic City skyline or Rocky Mountains (for the "Colorado" episode)  but everything else was filmed here in NY.  "Denver Hospital" is actually Vassar Hospital in Poughkeepsie NY which I've been to as well as the IBM Office complex in Westchester, County, NY.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is set in Chicago although nothing was actually filmed there.  It was all done on Hollywood studio back lots and Breckenridge, CO for the wintry mountain scenes.  Only a few seconds of stock exterior footage of the Chicago skyline was used.

Canada is a popular filming location, lots of financial incentives makes it cost effective.

Yes,I realize that but they could attempt to do a better job.The scenes supposedly in Atlantic City look nothing like that.The same for Brooklyn.

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had unexpected smoke haze in Sydney all day today. From bushfires burning 500km away.  There are currently 76 fires burning in NSW.  We are expecting the smoke haze in Sydney to clear overnight.

Good to hear the smoke haze is expected to clear.  We had quite the Summer here with smoke haze as well as occasional ash hitting our pool.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Finally home. Saw three cars in the ditch on the way down and 4 transports in the ditch on the way back. Looked like an episode of Heavy Rescue 401, to which the stretch we were on was feature quite frequently.  The normal 1:10 minute drive took 1:40.  Not too bad. 

We lost 3-1 as well. We finally scored on that team at least. 

Glad to hear that you all made it home safely last night.  

We all know the saying "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game!"  The boys on Owen's team are all winners, Andrew!

How'd your Mom make out this morning at the surgeons?

I had a somewhat successful trip to Total Wine and More.  No problem getting the Screwball Whiskey.  They were out of Blue Light and only had a 12 pack of regular Labatt Blue cans left.  I settled for regular Blue.  The store employee that I talked to said they've had problems getting Canadian beer in general and haven't had any Blue Light since August 11.  What's going on @A&L_Ont Andrew?  Are Canadians drinking so much beer that there's not enough left to send across the border?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This’ll be our 4th grandson. Our daughter in PA has three boys.  

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Fantastic news. Congratulations I am so happy for youguys.

This is amazing news for sure. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I started out really liking this season but that’s quickly changed. Kyle is just an obnoxious, arrogant jerk this season and Luka is really getting on my nerves now as well. He’s starting to remind me of Gary from BDSY but not to that extreme. Chef Jack and Tumi are the only ones I really like anymore.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Luka is ridiculous and the girls are not too bright following him around.

Yes Luka I really admired at first but now he just seems to have "Gary Syndrome" and wants to hook up with anyone he can.

My favorites are Laura and Haleigh.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a somewhat successful trip to Total Wine and More.  No problem getting the Screwball Whiskey.  They were out of Blue Light and only had a 12 pack of regular Labatt Blue cans left.  I settled for regular Blue.  The store employee that I talked to said they've had problems getting Canadian beer in general and haven't had any Blue Light since August 11.  What's going on @A&L_Ont Andrew?  Are Canadians drinking so much beer that there's not enough left to send across the border?

I can’t speak for all but 🍻

• Haha 7

Slowly watching the final season of The Crown.  Just watching one episode at a time.  It’s so humid here right now, that I watch an episode each night to cool down after taking Max for a long post dinner walk.  Last night I watched the episode focusing on that fateful night in Paris.  I think the actors that play Diana, Dodi and young William were cast well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How'd your Mom make out this morning at the surgeons?

It went well.  We were there by 7:10 for the 7:30 apt. The process time was between 2-5 hours, and it took us 5, with extra time at the pharmacy to pick up some items for the surgery. The process included X-rays, blood work and meeting 4 different team members of the prep team at separate times. 

I’m beat though.  I feel asleep at 1am and the alarm went off at 5:50. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Slowly watching the final season of The Crown.  Just watching one episode at a time.  It’s so humid here right now, that I watch an episode each night to cool down after taking Max for a long post dinner walk.  Last night I watched the episode focusing on that fateful night in Paris.  I think the actors that play Diana, Dodi and young William were cast well.

We are also watching The Crown. S l o w l y and not everyday. I don't want it to end.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It went well.  We were there by 7:10 for the 7:30 apt. The process time was between 2-5 hours, and it took us 5, with extra time at the pharmacy to pick up some items for the surgery. The process included X-rays, blood work and meeting 4 different team members of the prep team at separate times. 

I’m beat though.  I feel asleep at 1am and the alarm went off at 5:50. 

I wish her the best and speedy recovery. Hugs.