Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If I was them, I wouldn't be happy that it isn't what I chose.   From the angle of the photo it looks odd.    Hopefully the builder can correct without compromising the structure.   

Sad part is there isn't a builder, the guy and his Father-in-law are doing most of the building of  the house  and have been building it themselves, somehow between seeing the set of plans and the company that made the trusses didn't come up with the right truss set up.

I guess they were to far  into it before they found out it wasn't going to look like they had hoped, like you said the final picture is a very attractive looking house.

I hope they can do something somehow to fix it.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I got dusted on the Romania Passport thread last night. I didn't say much of anything with one post, but 1 of the 3 pages went away over night. 

I actually just finished up taking the time to type a thoughtful reply& got an error message when hitting the submit button. In the time it took for me to type, the post I was replying to went poof.

I guess the mods are telling us to move on to a different subject so.....

1 hour ago, George C said:

Ok , what is your prediction for tomorrows game , mine is KC 27- SF 20

My prediction for tomorrow's game is they will cut away to show Taylor Swift 19 times.  Approx 4 times each quarter and 3 times during the half time show. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

So this happened today. We ordered in December and it was built the last week of January.

His first solo trip is to the arena for a game in a few minutes. We will meet him there. He is one excited and thankful kid. 

IMG_3624.thumb.jpeg.df292ef20ef80e0cfddd0dd3ad5be28e.jpeg

Delivered with winter tires on the factory rims. 

IMG_3625.thumb.jpeg.ffaaa0ae4f6eb5b709f28d3c6b27aba7.jpeg

The winter wheels will be replaced with a set of these rims and rubber when the weather improves. 

IMG_3622.thumb.jpeg.1a2ff6f54e292125a5b883a88e693998.jpeg

• Like 24

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

So this happened today. We ordered in December and it was built the last week of January.

His first solo trip is to the arena for a game in a few minutes. We will meet him there. He is one excited and thankful kid. 

The winter wheels will be replaced with a set of these rims and rubber when the weather improves. 

You are going to spoil him with that set up.

50 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

the Romania Passport thread

I thought it was Hungarian.... There is a veiled rivalry between the Romanians and Hungarians.... Each people think they're cleverer than the other 😕

Edited by dani negreanu
clarification
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, George C said:

Ok , what is your prediction for tomorrows game , mine is KC 27- SF 20

thanks I hope you are right!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Got to stick with the NFC, Lot's a points in this one 49er's 35- 23

I hope Mahomes can limit his crying for calls in this one and the winner isn't determined by bad calls by the refs.

This could be one of the games where Andy Reid is out coached.

Once again  I’m not surprised by your comments. I’m not going to comment a response. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

He has been. He’s an amazing kid and he knows how lucky he is.

He works hard at school, sports and is respectful of us and others.  This semester he is doing work co-op for two classes in the afternoon and he is working at a public school with DE kids. Summer job to come, so with him driving to sports, co-op and school saves us a lot of time. He also knows we also get to drive it when ever we want, and it has to be clean and cared for. 

He just left for the hockey game now, dressed in his suit. He’s going to drive grandma home after to have dinner at our house. 

IMG_3633.thumb.jpeg.748b27521a71646c0d1ed548ef555f14.jpeg

• Like 27

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I actually just finished up taking the time to type a thoughtful reply& got an error message when hitting the submit button. In the time it took for me to type, the post I was replying to went poof.

I guess the mods are telling us to move on to a different subject so.....

My prediction for tomorrow's game is they will cut away to show Taylor Swift 19 times.  Approx 4 times each quarter and 3 times during the half time show. 😀

What's the over/under on TS sightings.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He works hard at school, sports and is respectful of us and others.  This semester he is doing work co-op for two classes in the afternoon and he is working at a public school with DE kids. Summer job to come, so with him driving to sports, co-op and school saves us a lot of time. He also knows we also get to drive it when ever we want, and it has to be clean and cared for. 

He just left for the hockey game now, dressed in his suit. He’s going to drive grandma home after to have dinner at our house. 

After these last four or five years following your posts, Owen seems like a really impressive young man.  Congrats, that's a really nice looking ride. 🙂 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He really sounds like a great kid.  You are good parents!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What's the over/under on TS sightings.  

I’m going with the following, if her plane makes it you’re going to see her. If the Chiefs are winning it will be more. If Kelsie makes a big play scores it will be even more likely. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m going with the following, if her plane makes it you’re going to see her. If the Chiefs are winning it will be more. If Kelsie makes a big play scores it will be even more likely. 😀

Apparently the Vegas line is TS sightings is 25... I'm going with the over.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Are you staying in CA or are you part of the exodus?  

We are staying in CA for now. We have another house in the Sierra foothills. We have to live there for at least 2 years. (capital gains) Hopefully, we will use that time to check out other states. Maybe the southeast, but not Florida. 😊

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

He really sounds like a great kid.  You are good parents!

He is an incredible kid as I got to spend some time with him on the Bella cruise. The apple does not fall far from the tree.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

We are staying in CA for now. We have another house in the Sierra foothills. We have to live there for at least 2 years. (capital gains) Hopefully, we will use that time to check out other states. Maybe the southeast, but not Florida. 😊

There is always Tennessee, although Florida is pretty special.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

WOW!    Very nice.  Doesn't look anything like the first car I bought a couple months before I turned 16.      I'm sure all his friends will love his new wheels.    I wish him the best.

Mom and Dad will feel better knowing he has a new car with minimal chance of breaking down. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to Owen and his beautiful new wheels.  You and Lisa have done an awesome job raising an extremely polite and polished young man.  He is one lucky fellow..and you and Lisa are two lucky parents!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

🤣 - funny but sadly true.

We’ve got TS coming here this month for concerts in Sydney & Melbourne.  It’s Beatlemania or should I say One Direction mania (again) A school in Queensland asked students to advise them if they were travelling interstate for one of the  concerts - so the school could set the timings of major exams around the large number of expected  absences as students fly interstate to the concerts.

Parents including high profile journalists are being scammed online in their last minute desperate bid to obtain tickets for their daughters.

The concert venues are putting out new & stricter rules for attendees and trying to stamp out parties in car parks near the venues for those who couldn’t get tickets.

DH asked me if DD was going to be watching the game for TS.  I said of course not!  Then I asked her and  she said “actually mum, we all are here”

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Yesterday afternoon while I was in the pool talking to someone, I looked up and saw a lot of black smoke.  A jet airplane with 5 people onboard, crashed about a mile from us on I-75.  Sadly, the two pilots onboard died in the crash. 3 people survived.  The plane was heading to the Naples airport, but lost both engines.  This tragedy could have been so much worse.  I feel the pilots were real heroes, avoiding the many communities in our area.  May they Rest in Peace.🙏

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That's a sweet ride. It's safe, practical,  & just a cool all around vehicle.  The complete package and he deserves it.

My nephew has been looking into buying one but hasn't pulled the trigger 

• Like 1

We are back home. It was a good cruise. I liked all the shows on this ship. Food was OK, couldn't starve😁. No complaints, no negative comments, all good. Terminal 18 has it very organized. Got off the ship at 8 am, in the car at 8.15 am.

OB I hope you are enjoying your last sea day. Which cruise is next? We are headed on the Equinox in March, which is my favorite X ship.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I like to look at it as an investment in the future.  The more I spoil my child now, the more they will spoil me when I'm a ols, broken down decrepit man. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

You've raised a fine young gentleman & that's a reflection of your awesome parenting skills.

No doubt you keep him grounded as well.  Congrats to you as parents & to him for his new set of wheels.  More practical than a Mustang.  🙂

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We are back home. It was a good cruise. I liked all the shows on this ship. Food was OK, couldn't starve😁. No complaints, no negative comments, all good. Terminal 18 has it very organized. Got off the ship at 8 am, in the car at 8.15 am.

We are headed on the Equinox in March, which is my favorite X ship.

Really enjoyed the photos you shared from your cruise.  Nice to have your Equinox to look forward to.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You have raised a fine son.  I am sure he appreciates and respects your gift.  It’s nice as parents  to be in a position to provide him with a safe and practical car and one  that he won’t have to spend money on to fix up due to some unexpected issue( & bonus it’ll impress the girls) 😉

Congratulations to Owen.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 7