Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hey Bonnie!  Thankful to see you posting.  I was thinking of you earlier today.   I am happy to read that your daughter likes to lift the spirits of those around her!  It shows she understands what is really important in life!  Let her know that hearing this lifts my spirits too!

Good luck with your umbilical hernia surgery.  Kenzie's sister just had this procedure earlier this week.  That is why Kenzie and Caden spent the night with us.  Kenzie's sister is still recovering but doing well.

Umbilical hernias are common. It is the price we pay for being mammals and at one time being, literally, attached to our mothers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Umbilical hernias are common. It is the price we pay for being mammals and at one time being, literally, attached to our mothers.

After awhile you just have to cut the cord. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just haven't been in the mood to post on CC.  My daughter's MS (not sure I mentioned, she was diagnosed about a year ago) is not cooperating with her daily life.  Flair ups, in-hospital infusions, eye sight getting worse.  We wanted to go to NJ but she insisted she's doing "well" and is planning a trip here in a few weeks.  She's "fine" now, back to work and feeling good. She is so upbeat, she calls to lift MY spirits up.

I'm having umbilical hernia surgery in a few weeks.  Not major surgery but scary enough.  I've been to two surgeons for consultations and picked the one I felt most comfortable with, in bed side manner, in education, in experience with my type of surgery.

Sorry Bonnie to hear about your daughter. Hopefully she will have more good days than bad. I have a good friend with MS she has lived with it for over 35 years. 

Welcome to the hernia club. They should do it laparoscopic which will be less painful and a faster recovery. My hernia pain was never bad. More of a dull ache. Main thing is to take it easy and no lifting of anything over 15 pounds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@BonTexasNY and @DaniDanielle Thinking of both of you as you are caring about loved ones whose health has been impacted recently.

Hoping that both your daughter and Charlie will soon be having better days. When our loved ones feel well,we feel better too.

Wishing all who post here are having good days also.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm watching it on NetFlix. Very entertaining show. Still on the first season but Micheal Richards (Kramer) was in 1 episode & I believe  Julie Louise-Dreyfus (Elaine) is in an upcoming episode.   Each episode in 10-15 minutes long & it's really just Jerry and his guest hanging out having a conversation. Not your typical interview, talk show style. He's still just as witty as ever

I'll have to look for it.  And, every time I see a Penske truck (moving, I think), I think of the Penske file.  If you know, you know. 😉

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hey Bonnie!  Thankful to see you posting.  I was thinking of you earlier today.   I am happy to read that your daughter likes to lift the spirits of those around her!  It shows she understands what is really important in life!  Let her know that hearing this lifts my spirits too!

Good luck with your umbilical hernia surgery.  Kenzie's sister just had this procedure earlier this week.  That is why Kenzie and Caden spent the night with us.  Kenzie's sister is still recovering but doing well.

That comment made me feel darn good.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry Bonnie to hear about your daughter. Hopefully she will have more good days than bad. I have a good friend with MS she has lived with it for over 35 years. 

Welcome to the hernia club. They should do it laparoscopic which will be less painful and a faster recovery. My hernia pain was never bad. More of a dull ache. Main thing is to take it easy and no lifting of anything over 15 pounds.

My surgeon does hernia surgeries the invasive way, laparoscopic and robotic.  Unfortunately, he feels an incision not laparoscopic would be the best option for my situation. 

Thank you @Sunshine3601 Debbie, @jmh2006 Jennifer have a fabulous cruise and @MJSailors for your kind words.

@Ocean Boy OB, hard to let go for sure. 🤔

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Perfect.    Be packed and ready to leave from Cape Liberty tomorrow.    We have a 12:30/1:00 pm check-in

Urgent care prescribed cefdinir, said I have a "classic" ear infection but appears I caught it early on so Cefdinir should take care of it.     

I never had ear infections until about a year ago.   I hope this isn't going to become a regular thing with me.  

He said it would be okay if I have 1 or 2 drinks.     Guess he's never been on a cruise😁

1 or 2 in the first hour onboard?  🤫

• Haha 4

Good to see you Bonnie and that you are posting. Lots going on. 

I'm trying to not panic with so much to do before I can move. I started to cough about 3 nights after I got home from that 14 day carnival cruise. Think debarkation someone in the line near me was coughing though a tablemate said someone at the Mdr table behind us was coughing. She found me and another social media and frinded me. It's not any better and I'm still coughing up something. Dont know if related to the eye and nose discharge. My gp referred me to a polumogogist or something like that. I texted back I'll schedule after I ask the eye doctor. 

I see the eye doctor this thursday. I see the skin doctor next week on tuesday. This morning I went to nissan and got my oil changed and they wanted to sell me on lots of extra stuff, but they have been cheaper than going to a local place. Thursday I wired the money for the new condo closing, yesterday, late afternoon i signed the docs for closing. Monday is the official close date. I asked my realtor if he can pick up the keys and get me the hoa contact to set up hoa payments. He reminded me i need to call FPL and change the electricity to my name on Monday. Also whenever i want to call spectrum as internet and wifi included in my hoa. I'm trying to start sorting stuff here. Also to round up tax stuff this year. I'm missing NASA. NASA last year i called 3 weeks straight and had to set my alarm to call when they opened. My dad retired from NASA and mom was getting a tiny pension. These tiny pensions withheld taxes, so i now see why the CPA says we need to file for her personally too. 6 returns. 

Last time i saw this skin doctor she found 6 places, 5 frozen and 1 she said had to be cut out. I see some spots on my arms I'm worried about. Spent too much time playing tennis in the sun when i was younger. 

Of course I'd love to move now but i got too much to do before i can move. I didnt really want to find a place i wanted quite yet but found what i was looking for, except this one doesnt have a garage like the smaller condo. Just a car port. But 95% of what I wanted and top floor. I think I'd be kicking myself if I let it go. Just wasnt ready. I was thinking sept, not now. Might have gone overboard, too much sf. Who knows, but by monday we will be closed. Trying not to worry so much doctor stuff to get thru. It would make no sense to retire here, was just here for my parents, have to get thru this. Taxes next. And doctors.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My Cousin Vinny was just on E!  I could watch that movie over and over.  Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci are so good.  

I almost watched that today. Great movie.

• Like 2

I'm 5 pages behind and haven't posted that we got on our first Virgin Voyages cruise yesterday. I'm going to post photos of the ship and food/drinks, or I'm going to die trying. 😁  Today is a sea day. We are in the Sip Lounge which is what I'd call their champagne bar.

20240302_180755.thumb.jpg.dae5a93d64db1677dd7e1f655d91fe7b.jpg

20240302_181216.thumb.jpg.fbf2a660d9bcc958af20f296e6b6e19c.jpg

20240302_180955.thumb.jpg.0bced43560e0ace7abfda05846b033c7.jpg

20240302_183421.thumb.jpg.c2c1daecc618e190f2c32de67a882da5.jpg

20240302_183429.thumb.jpg.8a4e15079d66e341c46c241dbc5879e0.jpg

20240302_184120.thumb.jpg.adaf217f2201ac906c5a0d07c75767f2.jpg

20240302_184241.thumb.jpg.218701ec3dccd588f7f2abeecd275234.jpg

• Like 14

57 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm 5 pages behind and haven't posted that we got on our first Virgin Voyages cruise yesterday. I'm going to post photos of the ship and food/drinks, or I'm going to die trying. 😁  Today is a sea day. We are in the Sip Lounge which is what I'd call their champagne bar.

20240302_180755.thumb.jpg.dae5a93d64db1677dd7e1f655d91fe7b.jpg

20240302_181216.thumb.jpg.fbf2a660d9bcc958af20f296e6b6e19c.jpg

20240302_180955.thumb.jpg.0bced43560e0ace7abfda05846b033c7.jpg

20240302_183421.thumb.jpg.c2c1daecc618e190f2c32de67a882da5.jpg

20240302_183429.thumb.jpg.8a4e15079d66e341c46c241dbc5879e0.jpg

20240302_184120.thumb.jpg.adaf217f2201ac906c5a0d07c75767f2.jpg

20240302_184241.thumb.jpg.218701ec3dccd588f7f2abeecd275234.jpg

Awesome- i hope you are loving it!  Let us know how it’s going.

I agree sip felt like champagne bar to me as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm trying to not panic with so much to do before I can move. I started to cough about 3 nights after I got home from that 14 day carnival cruise. Think debarkation someone in the line near me was coughing though a tablemate said someone at the Mdr table behind us was coughing. She found me and another social media and frinded me. It's not any better and I'm still coughing up something. Dont know if related to the eye and nose discharge. My gp referred me to a polumogogist or something like that. I texted back I'll schedule after I ask the eye doctor. 

I see the eye doctor this thursday. I see the skin doctor next week on tuesday. This morning I went to nissan and got my oil changed and they wanted to sell me on lots of extra stuff, but they have been cheaper than going to a local place. Thursday I wired the money for the new condo closing, yesterday, late afternoon i signed the docs for closing. Monday is the official close date. I asked my realtor if he can pick up the keys and get me the hoa contact to set up hoa payments. He reminded me i need to call FPL and change the electricity to my name on Monday. Also whenever i want to call spectrum as internet and wifi included in my hoa. I'm trying to start sorting stuff here. Also to round up tax stuff this year. I'm missing NASA. NASA last year i called 3 weeks straight and had to set my alarm to call when they opened. My dad retired from NASA and mom was getting a tiny pension. These tiny pensions withheld taxes, so i now see why the CPA says we need to file for her personally too. 6 returns. 

Last time i saw this skin doctor she found 6 places, 5 frozen and 1 she said had to be cut out. I see some spots on my arms I'm worried about. Spent too much time playing tennis in the sun when i was younger. 

Of course I'd love to move now but i got too much to do before i can move. I didnt really want to find a  i wanted quite yet but found what i was looking for, except this one doesnt have a garage like the smaller condo. Just a car port. But 95% of what I wanted and top floor. I think I'd be kicking myself if I let it go. Just wasnt ready. I was thinking sept, not now. Might have gone overboard, too much sf. Who knows, but by monday we will be closed. Trying not to worry so much doctor stuff to get thru. It would make no sense to retire here, was just here for my parents, have to get thru this. Taxes next. And doctors.

Wow!   You sure do have a lot going on.   Tax time is never a fun time, especially when dealing with your parents estate.  

I hope your eyes are feeling better with the treatments you are doing.    Goog luck at your skin Dr. 

Congratulations on your new condo.    I would love to have that huge balcony.    Beautiful view.   It will be nice to meet new people and settle in.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did anyone else see the news yesterday about the semi-truck that was dangling over the side of a bridge in Louisville?  Thankfully there rescued the driver.

ca6e1464f149b41e968c77c69034486a9fe11cd5750ecca1efd6051001c0472b.thumb.webp.1b11e42a4a8329770f1c60d3ed6bbd34.webp

OMG!    The driver had to be terrified, I know I would be.    Hope they are okay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My ear has been bugging me for last 2 days.  Woke up with swelling and very sore.   Headed to urgent care to get some meds before I leave on cruise tomorrow.

I hope you are okay, Debbie!  Bon Voyage tomorrow!🛳️

11 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Good morning from Adventure of the Seas!  IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.35b00bf06ee4298f72f808f7670bc2d9.jpeg

Bon Voyage, Jen and David, and Deb and Andy!🛳️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My Cousin Vinny was just on E!  I could watch that movie over and over.  Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci are so good.  

Marisa Tomei was the guest speaker at my older daughters HS graduation.Marissa spoke to many of the parents including my wife and I after the graduation. Her father and I had the same Accountant.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hope you are okay, Debbie!  Bon Voyage tomorrow!🛳️

Bon Voyage, Jen and David, and Deb and Andy!🛳️

Thanks Maryann, going solo on this one 😉

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG!    The driver had to be terrified, I know I would be.    Hope they are okay.

It was a female truck driver. That would have been terrifying. I'm glad they were able to rescue her. There were other injuries on the bridge, from a driver that crossed over into the opposing lanes.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Of course I'd love to move now but i got too much to do before i can move. I didnt really want to find a place i wanted quite yet but found what i was looking for, except this one doesnt have a garage like the smaller condo. Just a car port. But 95% of what I wanted and top floor. I think I'd be kicking myself if I let it go. Just wasnt ready. I was thinking sept, not now. Might have gone overboard, too much sf. Who knows, but by monday we will be closed. Trying not to worry so much doctor stuff to get thru. It would make no sense to retire here, was just here for my parents, have to get thru this. Taxes next. And doctors.

Just keep telling yourself that it will work out Jane. And it will, it is just the process that is stressful, what with packing to move, taxes, and juggling doctor's appointments. You will get there. ☺️

And it is a nuisance and difficult when the other property is some distance away. Yours is farther away. But the house we are moving to, is 2 and a half hours away, so it is not like we can pop over there through the current snow. But you do have one major advantage, your new condo is empty! Mom's house where we are moving, is still full of stuff! 😄

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

"Oh yeah, you blend"

Funny bit was the discussion on what Vinny should wear going deer (deeuh) hunting.

@firefly333 Jane, thanks for your kind words.  I admire how you are muddling through all of your parents accounts, trust, etc., etc.  I hope everything will be resolved soon.  Good luck on your new condo.  What a balcony!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2