Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/8/2024 at 9:30 AM, Jimbo said:

Question for the Doctor's in the house or those with Diabetes? Just had my 6 month check up and my A1C level was at 7.1..............I have not talked to the Doctor since I received the results this morning...........No idea if this is Type 1 or 2 or what really.

My results up until now have been in low 5's and mid to upper 6's, this is the first time I have ever been over 7.

I have been gaining some weight in the last 2 or 3 years though, so while I was at the visit I asked what supplement he would recommend to help lose some weight.

He mentioned trying 1500 mg of Berberine, has anyone heard of this? If so how did it work for you.

I do know I have to cut down on after dinner snacking, more exercise and cut way down on my sugar intake.

@Ocean Boy

@Jimbo I would like to hear any feedback on berberine as any medication I can get with a prescription is over $500 for a month. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Apologies if this has been posted before. I know all the lovely and caring people on this thread will want to know this news

@grapau27, dear niece Sarah’s father passed last night. Even though they were estranged from Graham, Pauline and Sarah, it’s still a sad day.

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@grapau27 and Sarah,
I am very sorry for your loss.

3 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

@grapau27 and Sarah, my condolences. Obviously, I haven’t met you or Pauline, but I doubt that the reasons for the estrangement were your fault.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 My heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts.

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

@grapau27 So very sorry this has been such a painful time for you , Pauline and your dear Sarah .  May you all find peace . 

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

@grapau27 So sorry to hear about your dear Sarah’s father passing.  Hugs friend.

48 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for sharing this sad news about Sarah's father's passing.

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@grapau27  Graham, my sincere condolences to your dear niece Sara on her dad's passing last evening.  To you and to Pauline, as well.  May he Rest in Peace.🙏

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

@grapau27 My condolences to your family on the loss of Sara's father.

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@grapau27 Graham, I was sorry to read that Sarah’s father passed away.  Condolences to the family.  

Thank you so much for all of your kind condolences for our Sarah's dad.

He was my best friend for 35 years until 9 years ago when he and his wife refused to look after Pauline's mam with us and left Pauline,her brother and me to care for her last 4 years with Vascular dementia and Alzheimer's.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like we are going to find a new family doctor.   Our current has been thinking about retirement. 2 weeks ago he passed out at the office and severely hit his head.  From what I heard he is still in the hospital.   His patients are being assigned to other doctors in his building. 

Sad to hear.  I wish him a full recovery to enjoy retirement.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

He was my best friend for 35 years until 9 years ago when he and his wife refused to look after Pauline's mam with us and left Pauline,her brother and me to care for her last 4 years with Vascular dementia and Alzheimer's.

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry for your loss,Graham .Condolences to Sarah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear of this. Even if you were estranged it still is hard to lose a loved one. It must bring up a lot of old memories. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Graham, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Sarah's father.  I hope he made amends with you all before he passed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Graham adding my condolences for you, Sarah and Pauline.  Regardless of past events it's always hard to lose someone in your family.  Thinking of you all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Remember time changing tonight!

You know the saying.... Spring back fall forward. 

😃 😆 

You mean Spring forward fall back. 😘

It was odd we changed time last night onboard Anthem.   Everyone confused all day since our phones didn't change time.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You mean Spring forward fall back. 😘

It was odd we changed time last night onboard Anthem.   Everyone confused all day since our phones didn't change time.

I meant spring back fall forward.   That's why I added 😆.  

Any more I do little spring and who knows the fall direction. 😆 

Talking about the ship changing time reminds me of watching the clock change an hour in less than a minute on the Hawaii cruise. They did it 3 days in a row. 

• Haha 4

When I get moved I will update the kitchen, at least appliances. I havent made a final decision on replacing the cabinets. They are dated but in good condition. 

For sure all the appliances. The refrigerator has a wall on both sides and I was told the condo really doesnt like people removing walls so I cant go bigger than what will fit in the space between the walls. Replace with stainless appliances. You can see a cabinet just beyond the refrigerator and the brown stripe where you put your fingers to pull open cabinets. So it's not just a matter of replacing hardware, all the kitchen cabinets would have to be totally replaced. I gutted the kitchen here, it's a big job. I'll decide when I get there. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

When I get moved I will update the kitchen, at least appliances. I havent made a final decision on replacing the cabinets. They are dated but in good condition. 

For sure all the appliances. The refrigerator has a wall on both sides and I was told the condo really doesnt like people removing walls so I cant go bigger than what will fit in the space between the walls. Replace with stainless appliances. You can see a cabinet just beyond the refrigerator and the brown stripe where you put your fingers to pull open cabinets. So it's not just a matter of replacing hardware, all the kitchen cabinets would have to be totally replaced. I gutted the kitchen here, it's a big job. I'll decide when I get there. 

Could you just get the cabinets refaced with new doors, and then hardware? If the layout is fine? Replacing cabinets is a big (expensive) job. 

We are just going to buy a new refrigerator (stainless) that fits in the allotted space and other appliances before we sell. The new owners can always sell them and purchase what they prefer. Turn-key houses are kind of expected, and more popular here. 

After the tree fell on my mom's house, she has better and newer appliances than our ancient ones that we have here. 😀 Fingers crossed that the Kenmore refrigerator will keep working until we move. It is making kind of an alarming noise. 😀

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

The falling tree sort of crushed all of the appliances into the basement. 😀

Mom's House 12-3-2011 009.JPG

But it looks very nice now. Small. But nice. That is going to be difficult to get used to. 

IMG_1082.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@grapau27. So very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Sarah's Father.

May he RIP🙏

image.png.24aaba6b3418199826899388d56f75ba.png

8 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

@grapau27  Sincere condolences to you, Sarah and Pauline.  

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry for your loss,Graham .Condolences to Sarah.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm sorry to hear of this. Even if you were estranged it still is hard to lose a loved one. It must bring up a lot of old memories. 

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Graham, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Sarah's father.  I hope he made amends with you all before he passed.

7 hours ago, akcruz said:

Graham adding my condolences for you, Sarah and Pauline.  Regardless of past events it's always hard to lose someone in your family.  Thinking of you all.

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@grapau27 sorry for your loss. 

Thank you for your kind condolences.

Sadly he never tried to make peace with our Sarah and ourselves.

• Like 7

Graham @grapau27 , my sincere condolences to Sarah, Pauline and you for the loss of Sarah's dad.  Loss within the family is so final and hard to deal with even when you are estranged from each other. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dementia is such an awful disease and so difficult for family to deal with. 

My older brother very rarely visited mum.

I was lucky that Gary was very supportive, once he retired he use to take Molly and visit every day. 

Our blessing was that she still knew Gary and I till the end.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Here in the US, our Mother’s Day is May 12th.

Happy Mother’s Day to all celebrating today. 

Thank you. 

Like most of our celebrations it comes from the Christian Calendar and is the fourth Sunday of Lent ,  Mothering Sunday , a day in centuries gone by for those to go home to visit the 'Mother church' and their mothers. 

My work colleagues who had families living abroad always had to remember to buy a card now to send to their mums in May as they weren't available to buy here in May

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is 41°F and raining heavily here.

We had a lovely Mothering Sunday church service this morning.

Both of our mam's are no longer with us.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

giphy.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your kind condolences.

Sadly he never tried to make peace with our Sarah and ourselves.

That is the saddest part of the whole situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1