Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, akcruz said:

It is the Grand Cascade Lodge in Hamburg, NJ.  Beautiful location, lots of activities there as well but oh very pricey.  Of course we didn't get to use of it other than the wedding activities which were all in great spots.

@HBE4 tagging you as just saw you asked the same.

Sorry for your loss

• Thanks 1

I can already see better. He said this morning I already have 20 20 vision. My eyes are still dilated is why it's a little blurry. He put in some eye drops idk if to fix the dilation he said might last until tomorrow. He was pleased and declared it a success and smiling. 

I asked what he meant by good thing we caught it before the cataract hardened and he said that the recovery takes a little longer then. He thinks is by tomorrow I'll be 100%. I'm so hungry. I had to fast all day long yesterday. Today I'm hungry all day. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished watching The Gentlemen on Netflix,2024 version starring Ray Winstone,Joely Richardson,Giancarlo Esposito and many other great actors.

It reminded me a bit of Godfather I.I highly recommend it.

We are 4 episodes in and love it.  It reminded me a lot of a Matthew McConaughey movie from a few years ago that I liked with a similar underground "gardening" setup.  Duh...that movie was also called The Gentlemen and was also directed by Guy Ritchie.  They loosely used the movie plot to make the TV series.  I love the smart humor and the witty dialog between Eddie and Susie Glass. 

I recognized Theo James (Eddie) but couldn't remember where.  IMDB told me that he played "Four" in the Divergent movies. 

I concur with your recommendation Lenny.  I recommend closed captioning 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So excited to have you along. We will have a blast.

I went ahead and had Ken book us too. Such a great itinerary.  Greg, you are a bad influence!  
I hope Captain Tom can accommodate us for JVD!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 7

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

I went ahead and had Ken book us too. Such a great itinerary.  Greg, you are a bad influence!  

Yipee!!!! I am so happy you and Andy will join us. We need to twist Jennifer and Larry’s arm to join us too. If we get enough people yes I will book Captain Tom. With the longer port time we could have him take us to some other spots besides Soggy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@jmh2006 Hey jennifer this is for you! Come join us..hint…hint…hint. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are 4 episodes in and love it.  It reminded me a lot of a Matthew McConaughey movie from a few years ago that I liked with a similar underground "gardening" setup.  Duh...that movie was also called The Gentlemen and was also directed by Guy Ritchie.  They loosely used the movie plot to make the TV series.  I love the smart humor and the witty dialog between Eddie and Susie Glass. 

I recognized Theo James (Eddie) but couldn't remember where.  IMDB told me that he played "Four" in the Divergent movies. 

I concur with your recommendation Lenny.  I recommend closed captioning 😉

After you finish watching the series let’s me know if it reminds you of the first Godfather movie.

@Sea Dog I just had Ken book the Ascent cruise for us!!  You are a bad influence…😎  We also watched the Herb Alpert documentary on your recommendation.  It was very interesting…he seems like such an honest, nice person…not to mention SO GOOD LOOKING!!!  However, very annoyed at having to watch it with ads.  I pay for Amazon Prime…I pay extra to have ad free Prime…but they ding me anyway!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog I just had Ken book the Ascent cruise for us!!  You are a bad influence…😎  We also watched the Herb Alpert documentary on your recommendation.  It was very interesting…he seems like such an honest, nice person…not to mention SO GOOD LOOKING!!!  However, very annoyed at having to watch it with ads.  I pay for Amazon Prime…I pay extra to have ad free Prime…but they ding me anyway!!

Excellent news! We might have to charter a second boat in Tortola to take us over to JVD. That's a good problem to have. So far We have:

@Sea Dog Greg and Linda

@Momof3gurlz Deb and Andy

@ValerieJo Valerie and Doug

Graham and Stacy formally Pompey Sailor

@helen haywood you know who you are.

It's going to be incredible. Hopefully two years will go by quick!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on  Ascent for March 27-April 6, 2026 a 10 night southern Caribbean . I know it’s two years away but really liked this itinerary with stops in Tortola, Antigua, Barbados,St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. I especially like the fact that we are in Tortola from 8am-6pm to give us enough time to spend over at Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar. I would love it if some of you could join us. It will be a blast!!

IMG_4229.thumb.png.e7865dd44554e35b38ae24cd58c4add9.png

I like this itinerary, and have been thinking about checking out Celebrity….   Hmmmmmmm……

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on  Ascent for March 27-April 6, 2026 a 10 night southern Caribbean . I know it’s two years away but really liked this itinerary with stops in Tortola, Antigua, Barbados,St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. I especially like the fact that we are in Tortola from 8am-6pm to give us enough time to spend over at Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar. I would love it if some of you could join us. It will be a blast!!

IMG_4229.thumb.png.e7865dd44554e35b38ae24cd58c4add9.png

Saved the info will definitely look into this one once things calm down here a bit, great itinerary.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2024 at 12:25 PM, mo&fran said:

You don't get Captains Club points for these cruises do you? Not that it makes any difference, if you are Diamond on royal you would be elite on X.

Haven't figured that there was any special benefit.

No, you don't. 

I cruise heavily with both RC and X. While they both offer tier match up to Elite/Diamond, when you're cruising you're only earning points for that line. For example, I'll be in Liberty in June for 10 nights. Those points only count towards my C&A points, not my CC points.

Conversely, when I go on The Connie in January, I'll be getting 30 points towards my CC account, not my C&A account.

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Greg, this is starting to look like Bella 3.75 😂!

Lol! 😆 yep looking that way. Going to be EPIC 3.75!!

13 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Saved the info will definitely look into this one once things calm down here a bit, great itinerary.

Love to see you join us April.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’ve already revealed myself on a Celebrity thread…which Dani saw.  We’re Marian (Helen) and George.

I had it my notes. I keep a list of who’s who so I can remember everyone.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

No, you don't. 

I cruise heavily with both RC and X. While they both offer tier match up to Elite/Diamond, when you're cruising you're only earning points for that line. For example, I'll be in Liberty in June for 10 nights. Those points only count towards my C&A points, not my CC points.

Conversely, when I go on The Connie in January, I'll be getting 30 points towards my CC account, not my C&A account.

The point of my post was that after the points system changed for both cruise lines, that the more expensive rooms accumulated points much faster on X than on RC.  We first  cruised on Celebrity Horizon and we had the presential suite, 1 point.  then we did the next 4 cruises that were TA's in a Sky Suite. 3 points.  One point for the cruise, one point for the suite, and one for the longer cruise.  I would have become Elite much faster when they changed their loyalty system because the took into account your stateroom.

Not to worry, we took or Elite status, got diamond, cruised a lot, and we are Pinnacle now on RCI.  The point was, that after the change, it applied to ever day that you cruised, instead of just one point regardless of how long the cruise was.

• Like 2