Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@h20skibum  A very happy birthday to your daughter. I hope , she has a great day celebrating.  Wishing her good health and much happiness.

@Coralc I’m certainly no authority on moving and it depends on the moving company you hire . We did move 3 times in 6 years and the movers did empty drawers to lighten the load . They did not move liquids because of fear of spillage and certainly no hazardous chemicals.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Coralc I’m certainly no authority on moving and it depends on the moving company you hire . We did move 3 times in 6 years and the movers did empty drawers to lighten the load . They did not move liquids because of fear of spillage and certainly no hazardous chemicals.  

Thanks! Not hazardous. I was thinking more in terms of witch hazel, hairspray, scrubbing bubbles and things we will probably take up ourselves. The pesticides will go to household hazardous waste as we clean out the shed. Except for the Dursban. I am keeping the Dursban, and we will move it ourselves. The Metam Sodium will go to HHW, because as much as I would like to find a use for it as a soil sterilant, I haven't been able to. 😄 You have to tarp it, and it smells. And it is pretty toxic. I have thought about using it in the sidewalk/ strip. But neighbors would freak out. 😄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks! Not hazardous. I was thinking more in terms of witch hazel, hairspray, scrubbing bubbles and things we will probably take up ourselves. The pesticides will go to household hazardous waste as we clean out the shed. Except for the Dursban. I am keeping the Dursban, and we will move it ourselves. The Metam Sodium will go to HHW, because as much as I would like to find a use for it as a soil sterilant, I haven't been able to. 😄 You have to tarp it, and it smells. And it is pretty toxic. I have thought about using it in the sidewalk/ strip. But neighbors would freak out. 😄

The movers did take my makeup in their air conditioned cab of their truck . Moving from San Diego to Los Angeles in 107° heat I was certain my lipsticks would liquify .  I had many . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 for good luck for the new month.

@aussielozzie18 awesome photos of Sydney.

Pauline loved them and wish she was there.

55°F and partly sunny here.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health and y'all have a wonderful weekend.

IMG-20240601-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Mark.

Happy birthday to your dear daughter.

Thank you Graham.   

She is flying to Florida today, with our granddaughter, for a little post-school year R and R.  Yesterday was the last day of school.  They are looking forward to some mother/daughter time.

Our grandson is not going with them because he has some sports obligations.  He and his dad are off to Cleveland for the weekend for some father/son time of baseball and golf.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, derorim said:

So delicate, intricate and beautiful!  I can't begin to imagine what the instructions look like in order for you to know how to do that.  

+1 Karen 👍 @Keksie

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

Hopefully she won't have much downtime and heals quickly.

+1 George @George C

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Tree-skier poor guy 😳

+1 Dave @Tree_skier

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@TravelGirlinDallas  sorry Texas has been hit hard this year.  Stay safe.

+1 Bethany, and all the Texans @TravelGirlinDallas

************************************************************************************************

@Ocean Boy

OB, Happy Birthday   🥂💐

I wish you could combine your love of practicing medicine with your love of cruising more than once a year

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Well, my verdict is in on the new Baldacci novel, Calamity of Souls.  Just finished it this morning, and I thought it was a good read.   In fact, I think he could bring back the characters in a series of books, if he was inclined to write more from that period.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well idk if anyone if I tested, but I will never ever ever move again if I get thru this.

I was supposed to do the Monday to monday 1 week cruise on mariner and entirely my fault, didnt board. I'd been on the edge of exhaustion for a good month not s,keeping or eating well. The 2 reasons I couldnt move last year were to file taxes for me and my sister and homestead the house i signed over to her.

I've called my broker at ubs who turns out is now a senior VP, i knew he was super duper, he tried to call today but i was busy and will follow up next week. For reasons idk my sister had $2500 taxes withheld, but i didnt get a notice. I'm hoping i dknt have to file a amended return with the cpa in dallas. Her check had to be snail  ailed from the IRS and my sister and bil decided to take a last minute vacation same week as my missed cruise. They left Wednesday and the check from the IRS came 2 days later. It wouldnt have been safe,their mail boxes sit out on the street and they have a rear entrance garage.

The other thing to homestead the house, I put in for jan 1sr. All they need is a texas ID with a address that matches the house in my sisters name. I've asked bil 25 times but he blew it off. I then tried online, phone and email, says cannot verify, come in in person. So the monday before the movers come the 3 of us finally go there in person. The old texas ID never expired but the new ones have expiration date. Not only that but to change her address to the new system requires either a non expired passport or original birth certificate. He could have taken her in, without me, but noooo. Anyway now it's being mailed and I asked him to take a copy, snail mail it to me so I can send it via email as a attachment and hopefully then she is homesteaded. 

Jane,

I was thinking about you and your cruise and your move. Sorry you are facing so much.
But happy to hear from you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+1 Karen 👍 @Keksie

+1 George @George C

+1 Dave @Tree_skier

************************************************************************************************

@Ocean Boy

OB, Happy Birthday   🥂💐

I wish you could combine your love of practicing medicine with your love of cruising more than once a year

Thank you so much! With everything you have to deal with remembering my BD should be close to the bottom of your list.😐

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+1 Karen 👍 @Keksie

+1 George @George C

+1 Dave @Tree_skier

@Ocean Boy

OB, Happy Birthday   🥂💐

@Ocean Boy Happy Birthday 🎉🍾🎂

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 1