Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

H., So glad for this "accident" and, hopefully, we'll get to finally meet.

Group rates come with refundable deposit, so you'll have until beginning of November to decide.... For me, it's fast approaching and the "situation" here is still not resolved 😢

I like this picture of us! Jonathan will join us for Bella 2 and 2.5.

• Like 6

@Coralc  Oh my gosh Pat!  So sorry about your fall and fracture.  Sending you thoughts of healing and relief!  

Yesterday was a total "washout" compliments of Beryl!  It rained all day, sometimes heavy, but mostly a thick misty rain.  It wasn't hot though, which was kind of weird.  Today the sun is out but everything is so waterlogged.  It has been a wet and humid summer so far this year in SE Michigan.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, lately I've read a few posts about people accidentally booking a cruise.

I booked one over the weekend, but it was on purpose. 😂 

For the next few days, we actually have 4 cruises on the calendar. That's a record for us. Our Beyond sailing embarks on Saturday!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

It feels like forever since we last cruised. For a while, we were going every 4 months, which was perfect for us. But then we went to Washington, DC last March over spring break instead of cruising, so now it's been 8 months since our last one. Can't wait!

• Like 12

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, lately I've read a few posts about people accidentally booking a cruise.

It must be contagious. 

I am in the process of "accidentally" booking Bella 2.0😀

See y'all Feb 2025. Is there an initiation process? I don't swallow gold fish. Don't like seafood. 😉

Looking forward to seeing you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Yesterday was a total "washout" compliments of Beryl!  It rained all day, sometimes heavy, but mostly a thick misty rain.  It wasn't hot though, which was kind of weird.  Today the sun is out but everything is so waterlogged.  It has been a wet and humid summer so far this year in SE Michigan.  

Our creek had a little overflow but not too bad. Looks kind of pleasant now I'm heading out to the street art fair now.

It's been a weird spring/summer this year for sure.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

For the next few days, we actually have 4 cruises on the calendar. That's a record for us. Our Beyond sailing embarks on Saturday!

Have a wonderful cruise! Send us some pictures.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I hope you all have a fantastic cruise on Beyond embarking on Saturday.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Love E class celebrity ships , have done both Beyond and Edge .have a great cruise .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Have a great cruise Bethany! Let us know how you like Beyond. Is Captain Kate back yet from vacation for this sailing?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well bummer. It looks like our move is going to delayed. On Sunday night we were coming in from the deck and tripped and fell on my right hip. The hip is fine, but I have a small fracture in my pelvis. I spent Monday night in the hospital. I am not ambulatory and have a wheelchair, walker and commode. PT person is supposed to start today. The pain is absolutely excruciating but fortunately it is not displaced. It will eventually heal on its own. Just miserable in the meantime.

Sorry you fell Pat.  It sounds painful!  I hope it heals good for you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

H., So glad for this "accident" and, hopefully, we'll get to finally meet.

Group rates come with refundable deposit, so you'll have until beginning of November to decide.... For me, it's fast approaching and the "situation" here is still not resolved 😢

Here is the roll call for Bella 2. On page 42, post #1035 you'll find info about group rates for a pre-cruise hotel near the port ---

Thank you. I was wondering where all of the group planning was taking place. It seems the "Friends of Bella" thread is mostly quiet these days while the host(s) are in the World Cruise. And I'm not on the other social media site (the book of faces). Although if I absolutely have to join, I could, just for the sake of joining the various cruise groups over there.

I'll head over to the roll call in a little bit. Thank you again for the info & hope to meet you and everyone else as well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We're on that cruise at the end of August--would love to hear what you think. First time on Beyond and second time on Celebrity. Have a great time!

• Like 1

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks!! No, I have heard that we have Captain Leo instead.

Im sure he’s great I am a Captain Kate fan and enjoy her YouTube videos. So bummed we had to cancel our first Celebrity Beyond cruise last April with her.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

We're on that cruise at the end of August--would love to hear what you think. First time on Beyond and second time on Celebrity. Have a great time!

First time on Celebrity for us!

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Im sure he’s great I am a Captain Kate fan and enjoy her YouTube videos. So bummed we had to cancel our first Celebrity Beyond cruise last April with her.

I was bummed, also. I had been looking forward to your review so I could learn more about the ship before we sailed. How are you doing healthwise these days?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks!! No, I have heard that we have Captain Leo instead.

She left May 12. So + - 3 months.

Captn. Leo was onboard when we sailed May 12.

• Like 1

I like to keep our AC set at 74F.  Any less than that and the air blowing out of the vents actually feels chilly to me.  Micheline likes the AC set at 73F.  Any more than that and she feels hot.  We keep ours set at 73. 😁

• Haha 15

12 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@TravelGirlinDallas

Bon Voyage, Bethany!

Will you be posting about the cruise here or on the Celebrity board?

Certainly would like to hear about your experience on Beyond!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I don't plan to do a review, but I may post a few pics here. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I don't plant to do a review, but I may post a few pics here. 

We sailed with captain Kate on the second cruise after Covid , she is definitely a cool captain I heard she did trivia with her cat. I should have asked to meet her , we had done a move up from small suite to penthouse.

I should be able to answer some questions on beyond. If you never tried it I would recommend the specialty restaurant Le Petit Chef, we do that every celebrity cruise.

I definitely feel lucky I gave my wife a lottery scratch off and we both thought it was worth two hundred, cashed it this morning at Kroger and she won 500. 

• Like 12