Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

We're headed out on the same cruise as @TravelGirlinDallas in just a few weeks. We did a land based trip in Aruba a few years ago but never a cruise stop. We are in port from 8am-11pm so I was thinking of trying to see a bit of the island but DH isn't sure he wants to rent a car. Has anyone done a private or semi-private tour of the island they'd recommend? Thought we could do WestDeck for drinks or apps (is that walking distance from cruise port?) to see sunset. We have a snorkeling tour booked for Bonnaire and are going to do a beach day in Curaco so was thinking of trying to get to see the Northern part of Aruba with the California Lighthouse and maybe some of the island we didn't get to see when we did our resort stay on Palm Beach.

Not sure if this is your type of thing, but several years ago we went with Trikes Aruba.  It's lots of fun and a great way to see the island. Trikes Aruba | Tours and Adventure – The best way to see Aruba (trikes-aruba.com) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations, 4 drinks would not be enough on vacation for me , we do suites so we get 3 hour happy hour plus 5 free drinks for diamond plus. Suites are a easy way to get from diamond to diamond plus😁😁

I feel the same. We as Diamonds are at that no man’s land place where maybe we break even maybe we don’t. I like prepaying and not worrying about how much I drink and the bill at the end.

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We haven't purchased the drink package since turning D and getting the 4 free vouchers.  We still get as many drinks as we want and have sometimes racked up a pretty good alcohol bill the end of the cruise, but we never spend as much as we would have buying 2 drink packages.  We usually have access to the suite happy hour though.  YMMV.

I think we might forego the DDP for Utopia and test the waters for what that bill will be like at the end of the cruise.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

My favorite author!  Thank you!

I want another Myron and Win book , or better yet a mini series on them on Netflix.

kittens are not hiding that much , one let my wife pet him and he purred , but other hissed . 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Our Master bathroom has a deep tub…no grab bars.  Our shower is walk-in with just a small lip step down.  Again, no grab bars.  So what we worked out is I get in the wheelchair to the lip of the shower, stand up, George hands me the crutches, I crutch over to the shower chair, hand him back the crutches and shower using the wand attachment of the shower which we just leave hanging down.  I could put the plastic water cover over the boot and walk in and take a standing shower…but that would mean my right leg wouldn’t get washed.  In two weeks when I get the OK to walk without the boot…I’m going to take such a long shower I’ll turn into a prune!  (Notice I avoided raisin imagery…)

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Bill previously washed my hair in the sink. But 2 weeks without bathing was really tough. We have tub/shower combo, and the PT girls couldn't figure it out. So I did. Wheelchair to side of tub, legs in and grab grab bar. Bill slid shower seat behind me and I sat down to wash my hair. Then grab bar and one free hand to soap everything. Bill used the handheld wand to rinse me off. Then reversed to wheelchair. It went really well. I am getting a little stronger every day. 

When I was wheelchair bound, I was wheeled up to our shower stall, luckily not a bathtub. I put my good leg inside the shower, stood up  grasped the grab bar and was able to maneuver myself onto the shower chair. I was on no weight bearing on my left foot which never touched the floor. I was able to use the hand held shower wand and then stood up holding the grab bar and was able to get myself back in the wheelchair that was up against the shower opening. Not the most comfy way of showering but it worked.  Glad you found what works for you and that you're getting stronger every day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm so sorry to hear about this Lenny.   Hopefully he'll adapt to his new situation quickly and with the extra attention he is sure to receive, will have many more happy years ahead of him.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and words.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Our Master bathroom has a deep tub…no grab bars.  Our shower is walk-in with just a small lip step down.  Again, no grab bars.  So what we worked out is I get in the wheelchair to the lip of the shower, stand up, George hands me the crutches, I crutch over to the shower chair, hand him back the crutches and shower using the wand attachment of the shower which we just leave hanging down.  I could put the plastic water cover over the boot and walk in and take a standing shower…but that would mean my right leg wouldn’t get washed.  In two weeks when I get the OK to walk without the boot…I’m going to take such a long shower I’ll turn into a prune!  (Notice I avoided raisin imagery…)

Good job!

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ah the poor pup, sorry to hear surgery didn't go well.   Here's hoping for a miracle and that he will walk again someday soon.🙏

Thanks,Debbie but it is not likely.He is starting PT this afternoon.He is unable to urinate because he can not move his hind legs.My daughter and her husband will likely have someone come to their home to work with him.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's very sad about your daughter's dog, Len. 

Yah! I was finally able to take a shower today, after 2 weeks. I have been visualizing the procedures needed for the last few days, and it went flawlessly. 

I can certainly sympathize now (strongly) with what Marian,  @helen haywood has been going through with her recovery.

I think this is my last week for PT, OT and nurse visits. 

Yes,it is.

12 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

I'm also so sorry to hear about your grand dog.   We work with a basset rescue group, and we've had several dogs that have done very well with wheel chairs.  I wish all the best to that sweet doggie.

Thank you 

16 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Ended up having a really nice weekend.  I invited a few of my friends up to the lake house for a girl's weekend.  Things went better than I expected.  I backed the boat out of the dock, drove around the lake, parked at the sand bar for a bit for some swimming and returned to our dock all without incident.  It was my first time handling the boat on my own. I feel a bit more confident, if I want to drive it again. (Although, I much prefer to have Doug drive me around). 😄

After the girls all left, I made the trek home. Got home on Sunday afternoon and got ready to head to a celebration dinner with the whole family.  My grandson graduated High School last month and he's ready to take on an apprenticeship as a diesel mechanic.  He really likes working with his hands and is interested in all things mechanical.

How great that your weekend was such an awesome success, and most especially that you found the courage to take the boat out on your own!!!  

Congratulations on your grandson's Graduation from High School and that he knows what career he is gearing up for;  one of my grandson's loves working with his hands.  By apprenticing as a diesel mechanic, I'm sure he's going to always be busy!  Congratulations once again!

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My son is having an eventful evening.  His summer job is in Jasper.  At 10.30pm his time, an evacuation order went out for the town and Jasper NP due to wildfires.  Fortunately, he is smart enough to always have a full tank of petrol in his car.  He loaded up the car and with only one road open has driven west and is safely across the border into B.C to the closest town. With poor phone reception and everything being a bit chaotic,  he has just decided to sleep in his car until the morning, when he will update us further.

Smart son you've got there!  You must be relieved beyond belief that he drove safely away from the dangerous wildfires.  Please keep us updated with regard to your son.  Is your daughter somewhere in BC these days?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We went to the Pirates Museum and Queen's Staircase. Visited the Roman Catholic church wandered around and are back on the ship.

I asked at least three men if they were Ken. No luck. 

Utopia is a loooooooooooong ship. You may need Uber to travel to the aft from the front. Note: I said "travel", not go to or walk to. Allure and Carnival Glory are also in Port. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We went to the Pirates Museum and Queen's Staircase. Visited the Roman Catholic church wandered around and are back on the ship.

Utopia is a loooooooooooong ship. You may need Uber to travel to the aft from the front. Note: I said "travel", not go to or walk to. Allure and Carnival Glory are also in Port. 

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Graham and Nikki are also on Utopia.  Their daughter Abby is traveling with them also!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I once had some stitches in my leg. The surgeon says don't get them wet. Two hours later I was in the ocean.

My Dad so agreed. Salt water cures everything 😉 he would say. 

On Anthem, my husband just took this photo.  We are enroute to Sardinia.

23069.thumb.jpeg.5e4294960e37e1f88bfa09d4f887ac78.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mets07 said:

Beautiful!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Graham and Nikki are also on Utopia.  Their daughter Abby is traveling with them also!

Nice. I have no idea what they look like. 🥲

OK I am going out on deck 5 outside Al Bacio and jump up and down and act crazy. Maybe they will see me and wave 🤣 lol 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, mets07 said:

The picture is beautiful.

And your father was right about the ocean.

• Like 8

I am excited.  I just figured out that the Hop on Hop off Trolley in Boston has a stop really close to our hotel.  I just need to prepurchase the tickets and can use that as transportation for our day in Boston.  Big fun.

• Like 20