Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

It is not the medication it is old age I can fall asleep anywhere anytime except at bedtime.

I have never not been able to sleep at night.I meditate a few minutes before going to bed.That always works for ms.

• Like 1

I know I said a while back I probably wasn't going to buy any more Mary Frances (MF) purses since I don't want to collect them. There is a tiki bar purse that Mike thinks I should get, but I dont know. It's getting to be to many for me. It would be great for the Mai Kai when they finally open up again. I decided I need a phone purse and then I happened to see a Santa purse. Santa's and snowmen are my favorite holiday decorations so I had to have Mr. Santa Ho Ho Ho purse. Now I just need to book a holiday cruise. 😊  Mike found out after the fact that that's what he bought me as my holiday gift. 😆😆😆  I've never cared for cross body purses, but I'll leave the phone purse as it is. The Santa purse I'll make a little shorter handle with silver beads along with red, clear and maybe some green beads. I don't like the gunmetal color of the beads that came with it.

20240802_170327.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I said a while back I probably wasn't going to buy any more Mary Frances (MF) purses since I don't want to collect them. There is a tiki bar purse that Mike thinks I should get, but I dont know. It's getting to be to many for me. It would be great for the Mai Kai when they finally open up again. I decided I need a phone purse and then I happened to see a Santa purse. Santa's and snowmen are my favorite holiday decorations so I had to have Mr. Santa Ho Ho Ho purse. Now I just need to book a holiday cruise. 😊  Mike found out after the fact that that's what he bought me as my holiday gift. 😆😆😆  I've never cared for cross body purses, but I'll leave the phone purse as it is. The Santa purse I'll make a little shorter handle with silver beads along with red, clear and maybe some green beads. I don't like the gunmetal color of the beads that came with it.

20240802_170327.jpg

You could book adventure for over xmas. I booked rather late, and see some cc familiar names, molly etc. Prices seem to be dropping. My 8 day before this one dropped but my TA said I'd lose the early booking obc and I said forget about it, but booking dkrect it's down from the group rate I booked. Prices arent bad for a xmas cruise and DP340 worked. I'm guessing demand is down for older ships for prices to be dropping. Im doing the b2b. DR is a new port, it's a eastern. I think grand bahamas on xmas day maybe. Been forever since I was there. You could show off your christmas purses. And your fancy dress. 

• Like 3

Pool time! First time we've been in the pool this year. 😲 Worked out in the shade house repotting and I decided to take some time to get in the pool. Also, I was going to wait to have any cocktails until our next cruise. Last one I had was April 10th on my birthday on a cruise. I remember the date because the dr said not to drink for about a week before my knee surgery. I figured 6 days equals about a week before. 😁 Anyway, it was pool and champagne time. 

I decided to give @Ocean Boy some competition for the feet pictures. Ok, mine would look better, but that's not until tomorrow when I get a mani/pedi to get ready for our cruise. 

20240802_183800.thumb.jpg.35c963bdd687c57e43dd9403b0d6dcac.jpg

And it started raining. No worries, I'm already wet.

20240802_173742.thumb.jpg.c3843905665ae860f052f8f056b22c3a.jpg

I tried to get a foot picture of Mike, but he wasn't cooperating very well. 😃

20240802_173836.thumb.jpg.1ba4f69227d2176d0e1784b2cb5c550f.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My youngest granddaughter has pneumonia!  Poor kid was coughing and running a fever that would go up and down.  Thankfully, my daughter took her to her pediatrician after UrgiCare just gave her cough syrup.

Blood work, X-ray and a great pediatrician to the rescue.  Poor kid cried more for the nasal swab than the bloodwork😳 Anyway that’s the latest in our never dull life.

I hope she recovers soon! 

Finnley has been battling breathing problems and fever off and on for months.  Wednesday she was admitted to the hospital.   Her oxygen level dropped to lower 80's and had a slight fever.  She was put on oxygen and had treatments every 2 hours. She is doing better now.  She is off oxygen, treatments every 4 hours and her oxygen level was 97 just a few minutes ago!  If she continues to improve,  they expect she will go home tomorrow. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Here is one of our cats. Ms. Chloe sleeping. That's not her eye, it's just thinning fur between her eye and ear. Our baby is over 17 years old. Dec she will be 18. She is getting a little bit hard of hearing, so when she wants something she literally screams! It sounds like someone is hurting her. I dread when our "winter" comes because we will open the windows sometimes. I need to warn the neighbors that we aren't hurting her. You should hear her when she knows I'm in the shade house and she wants to go outside also. OMG! 🙉 She loves going out there. 

20240730_091207.thumb.jpg.4efa222485d8cf1b79fae26d0839946f.jpg

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finnley has been battling breathing problems and fever off and on for months.  Wednesday she was admitted to the hospital.   Her oxygen level dropped to lower 80's and had a slight fever.  She was put on oxygen and had treatments every 2 hours. She is doing better now.  She is off oxygen, treatments every 4 hours and her oxygen level was 97 just a few minutes ago!  If she continues to improve,  they expect she will go home tomorrow. 

Whew. That is scary.  Poor little girl.  O hope she goes home tomorrow 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

20240802_170327.jpg

Those are cute. I like the fact that you’re not afraid to change the handle to suit you with your own beads. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry to hear sweet Finnley has been in the hospital with breathing problems.  I hope she continues to improve and gets to go home tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Pool time! First time we've been in the pool this year. 😲 Worked out in the shade house repotting and I decided to take some time to get in the pool. Also, I was going to wait to have any cocktails until our next cruise. Last one I had was April 10th on my birthday on a cruise. I remember the date because the dr said not to drink for about a week before my knee surgery. I figured 6 days equals about a week before. 😁 Anyway, it was pool and champagne time. 

I decided to give @Ocean Boy some competition for the feet pictures. Ok, mine would look better, but that's not until tomorrow when I get a mani/pedi to get ready for our cruise. 

20240802_183800.thumb.jpg.35c963bdd687c57e43dd9403b0d6dcac.jpg

And it started raining. No worries, I'm already wet.

20240802_173742.thumb.jpg.c3843905665ae860f052f8f056b22c3a.jpg

I tried to get a foot picture of Mike, but he wasn't cooperating very well. 😃

20240802_173836.thumb.jpg.1ba4f69227d2176d0e1784b2cb5c550f.jpg

It is August and you just got into the pool???🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Poor, sweet Finnley! So glad she's improving. Hopefully, she'll recover fully when she's home tomorrow.

@DaniDanielle Marietta, wishing your granddaughter a full recovery.  Poor baby! 

So hard to see them sick. 🤒

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When you check in for the start of a b2b and have 4 bottles of wine for both cruises, do they withhold 2 and return them at the start of the 2nd cruise? 

We're switching cabins so I assume we have to check in at our 2nd muster station as well as the 1st??

So exciting; our first b2b!  I'm starting to obsess about clothes and luggage.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry to read Finnley has been so unwell.  Good news she is showing improvement and going home is on the cards.

@DaniDanielle  Hope your grand-daughter is on the improve soon too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When you check in for the start of a b2b and have 4 bottles of wine for both cruises, do they withhold 2 and return them at the start of the 2nd cruise? 

We're switching cabins so I assume we have to check in at our 2nd muster station as well as the 1st??

That’s what we did on celebrity they returned two bottles on last night of first leg. I would think about sending some clothes for laundry in middle of the trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

20240802_170327.jpg

Well anyway I love your new purses and they will go so well with your shell dress. You should book a Christmas cruise so others can see them too. 

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Even if you keep the same cabin you have to do muster for 2nd leg.

I still think we are on the same harmony cruises. If I see you I'll buy you a drink?

Dont miss the b2b lunch on harmony. They did short ribs last time, though they are boneless. One of my favorites. Usually noon in Mdr. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My youngest granddaughter has pneumonia!  Poor kid was coughing and running a fever that would go up and down.  Thankfully, my daughter took her to her pediatrician after UrgiCare just gave her cough syrup.

Blood work, X-ray and a great pediatrician to the rescue.  Poor kid cried more for the nasal swab than the bloodwork😳 Anyway that’s the latest in our never dull life.

Sorry to hear your youngest granddaughter has pneumonia Marietta.

I hope she gets antibiotics and it clears up quickly.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Poor, sweet Finnley! So glad she's improving. Hopefully, she'll recover fully when she's home tomorrow.

+ 1  John  @Ozark_Kid

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta, wishing your granddaughter a full recovery.  Poor baby! 

So hard to see them sick. 🤒

+1 Marietta @DaniDanielle

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

@A&L_Ont Are you going to do a LIVE?  I’ll probably go live for my shorty itinerary.  

Tags were there 🙌🏼 

IMG_3473.thumb.jpeg.95a6aa64aae9fe22efbffe8f7f3eb0e5.jpeg

YTBD. I always say that and then do one anyway. 😀

• Like 8

Last night was "Sounds on Centre", where they close down part of Centre Street in our downtown area and have a live band play.  Happens the first Friday of the month throughout the summer.  Beautiful sunset from the marina after.

APC_4224.thumb.JPG.84a5c6d45a37ccfd468e097b99399ef7.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@ArzeenaCapt. Kate is back aboard Beyond and is posting from the ship again.

Yes, thank you, I am following.

We don't have a cruise booked on the Beyond while she is onboard. But who knows!😁

• Like 2